Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Chiefs look unstoppable and now might have a good run game.

Deshaun Watson cannot overcome the sins of BoB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The last time BoB made a pick in the 1st

https://streamable.com/ku897q

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Cincinnati Bengals will get their first win before Week 13

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every time someone talks about BoB the robocop for gameboy song starts playing in my head

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
In retrospect, the Tomahawk Chop Racism campaign was a bad idea.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Barudak posted:

Every time someone talks about BoB the robocop for gameboy song starts playing in my head

It really is the best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGIKnn-COS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHo7npmGcHU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Chiefs will not lose a single game this season.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hard to blame the Texans too much, it's tough to go into KC without your #1 receiver.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hate to poo poo on Watson because I think he's a very good dude but he's just not a great QB IMO. He looked terrible last night and that wasn't any kind of great D.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the Kelce TD:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1304361616444661761

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ranch? Or cool ranch?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kawalimus posted:

Their run defense looks pretty mediocre. They'll drop a couple.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
loving lol someone in our fantasy league just learned this morning that the D. Johnson sitting in their lineup was actually Duke not David and I'm dying :roflolmao:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kawalimus posted:

I'm sure they will. We play the Ravens in 2 weeks, the Broncos have low key been putting together a really good team, and the Saints are the Saints. Plus there are always those weird games that on paper you feel like "Oh the Chiefs should absolutely poo poo house the Colts, oh but the Colts defense prevented the Chiefs from scoring for 3 quarters."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

shirts and skins posted:

Teams just don’t go 16-0 by talent alone. You need an ungodly poo poo ton of luck and every break to go your way. That’s why it’s happened once with a team that was absolutely loaded at every position.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm pretty sure there's been a team every year that people said in the first weeks or month "oh God they're unstoppable" that usually drops a couple of stinkers in mid-season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Chiefs juggernaut offense last year lost to the 7-9 Colts 19-13.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Teams just don’t go 16-0 by talent alone. You need an ungodly poo poo ton of luck and every break to go your way. That’s why it’s happened once with a team that was absolutely loaded at every position.

100% this. Even when the regular season was just 14 games, any team besides the 72 Dolphins managed to go 1.000?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mystic Stylez posted:

100% this. Even when the regular season was just 14 games, any team besides the 72 Dolphins managed to go 1.000?

No. And even during the 14-game seasons, there were very few 13-1 teams, with the infamous ‘68 Colts being the only one I can remember off hand.

By comparison, there have been a bit more 15-1 teams, and most of them are very well remembered (‘84 49ers, ‘85 Bears, ‘98 Vikings, ‘11 Packers and ‘15 Panthers, with only the ‘04 Steelers being kinda forgettable). On top of that, a whole bunch of teams usually lumped into the discussion of greatest ever or most dominating had two or three close losses, like the ‘89 49ers who went 14-2 (The two losses being by a combined 5 points) and then won every playoff game by 27+.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 11, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm pretty sure there's been a team every year that people said in the first weeks or month "oh God they're unstoppable" that usually drops a couple of stinkers in mid-season.

It happened last year when the Pats defense played a bunch of cardboard cutouts at QB and didn't give up a TD for like three games. And then we all realized how mediocre the offense was.

The Chiefs have flaws likes every other team and they will soon show up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Willie Gay Jr will be starting sooner rather than later.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Anyone else disappointed that players didn’t walk off the field when the crowd boo’d the moment of silence for equality? NBA teams would have.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone else disappointed that players didn’t walk off the field when the crowd boo’d the moment of silence for equality? NBA teams would have.

Yes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yep.

gently caress the chiefs fans. this board excluded of course.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It’s gonna happen again on Sunday. There will be 20k fans in Dallas for example.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s gonna happen again on Sunday. There will be 20k fans in Dallas for example.

drat, didn't know the Stars were that popular

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dallas is @ LA, unless they're opening jerryworld for a watch party

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oh. Is there a handy list of what teams are hosting fans this week?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd imagine they're trying to figure out ways to avoid looking bad, which of course is not the same thing as the right thing to do but is obviously the NFL (and Jerry) thing to do.

I mean, the type of football fan in this part of the country who thinks it's a good idea to go hang out with 16k people right now...well it could have been worse than it was. It loving sucks.

e: oh yeah it's UT that's hosting fans this week, not Dallas.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh. Is there a handy list of what teams are hosting fans this week?

tl;dr it's just the jags left who will have fans.

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2020/09/11/which-nfl-stadiums-will-allow-fans-in-week-1/

Sunday, September 13

quote:

Eagles at Washington Football Team – FedEx Field

The Washington Football team is not currently allowing spectators throughout 2020 season. According to the team statement released in August, the decision will be re-evaluated if the situation surrounding the pandemic improves over the course of the season.

Dolphins at Patriots – Gillette Stadium

The New England Patriots are not allowing spectators through at least the end of September.

Packers at Vikings – U.S. Bank Stadium

The Vikings are not allowing spectators for first two Vikings home games of the season (Week 1 vs GB, Week 3 vs TEN).

Colts at Jaguars – TIAA Bank Field

The Jaguars will allow spectators at 25% capacity, just under 17,000 people

Bears at Lions – Ford Field

The Lions will not allow spectators for first two home games of the season (Week 1 vs CHI, Week 4 vs NO).

Raiders at Panthers – Bank of America Stadium

The Panthers are not allowing spectators for Week 1.

Jets at Bills – Bills Stadium

The Bills are not allowing spectators for first two home games of the season (Week 1 vs NYJ, Week 3 vs LAR).

Browns at Ravens – M&T Bank Stadium

According to their team statement released on August 24, the Ravens are not allowing spectators for “initial part of the 2020 season”.

Seahawks at Falcons – Mercedes-Benz Stadium

The Falcons are not allowing spectators through September 2020.

Chargers at Bengals – Paul Brown Stadium

The Bengals are not allowing spectators through September but have received a “variance” of Ohio’s spectator order to host 6,000 fans at each of two October home games (Week 4 vs JAX, Week 7 vs CLE).

Cardinals at 49ers – Levi’s Stadium

The 49ers are not allowing spectators for Week 1.

Buccaneers at Saints – Mercedes-Benz Superdome

The Saints are not allowing spectators for Week 1. However, according to an email from the team to season ticket holders at the beginning of September, state officials have given their approval for fans to attend the Saints’ Week 3 matchup vs the Packers, at a reported 25% capacity.

Cowboys at Rams – SoFi Stadium

The Rams are not allowing spectators until further notice.

Monday, September 14
Steelers at Giants – MetLife Stadium

The Giants are not allowing spectators until further notice.

Titans at Broncos – Empower Field at Mile High

The Broncos are not allowing spectators for Week 1 but will reportedly allow spectators for Broncos’ next home game (Week 3 vs TB) at 20-25% capacity.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Chiefs have flaws likes every other team and they will soon show up.

cornerback, specifically. especially now that ward is out for some amount of time with a broken hand

yikes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cornerback won't be that big a problem if Jones continues doing what he did to Fulton the entire game to the rest of the league

You'd think they'd start bootlegging Watson away from Jones's side or something

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rewatching parts of that game last night and Houston's oline seem to have gotten even worse. They did their QB no favors.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Rewatching parts of that game last night and Houston's oline seem to have gotten even worse. They did their QB no favors.

Did you like the play where Nick Martin just ignored the nose tackle and helped with a double team so the NT just kind of shrugged and sprinted right at Watson

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9df606AJ6o

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1305230062090891269
https://twitter.com/MichaelRyanRuiz/status/1305233464682319878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVW9QOIeqQg

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks good, Falcons bad

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Eagles stink and this is gonna be a long year

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens are still good but I’m worried about Ronnie Stanley

The rookies balled out today. Dobbins is as-advertised. Queen looked good and forced a fumble. Excited for this team.