Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Like my feeling on films that hire Jared Leto, being drafted by the Browns doesn't mean you are a bad player but it does mean you are the wrong player to draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Mr. Nice! posted:

That Derrick Henry fellow is pretty good.

Eddie Lacy was decent for a bit as well.

Edit: how the gently caress did I blank on Mark Ingram?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm dumb weirdo who has hard time watching the Seahawks, despite being a die hard Mariners (and less diehard Bills and Raiders) fan so Sunday makes me nervous. The bits I caught of the game in Atlanta looked okay but I am not a fan of letting the Falcons run up 400 yards

On the other hand I am 100% down for some ridiculous Thursday night bullshit.

Matt Ryan is a good QB and he has among the best receiving corps in the NFL and he threw 54 times.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Josh Jacobs is a clear bust imo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kenyan Drake also stinks.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I still claim Kamara too, like do tennessee fans honestly think he learned anything about how to play football there

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm dumb weirdo who has hard time watching the Seahawks, despite being a die hard Mariners (and less diehard Bills and Raiders) fan so Sunday makes me nervous. The bits I caught of the game in Atlanta looked okay but I am not a fan of letting the Falcons run up 400 yards

On the other hand I am 100% down for some ridiculous Thursday night bullshit.

It got to an almost turning point a couple times but a lot of those yards were in garbage time or well away from the end zone. The Hawks were pretty well in control.

New England is going to look totally different, they're a very different kind of game plan. Should be fascinating television.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

I still claim Kamara too, like do tennessee fans honestly think he learned anything about how to play football there

He still claims Tennessee and wears UT gear so...I'm gonna go with Kamara on this one.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
https://twitter.com/E_Geerlings/status/1305662050186588160?s=20

https://twitter.com/E_Geerlings/status/1305587990203215872?s=20

:swoon:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Joey Freshwater posted:

He still claims Tennessee and wears UT gear so...I'm gonna go with Kamara on this one.

I mean I understand that the guy who transferred out for PT is the only thing you have to cling to but you don't get to pretend you imbued him with any greatness, he got that by briefly touching the hem of Saban's cloak

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ah yes, Saban imbues the talent into his athletes, who are not athletes before or after he recruits them.

Wtf are you on?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

D-LINK posted:

Ah yes, Saban imbues the talent into his athletes, who are not athletes before or after he recruits them.

Wtf are you on?

He sucks the talent out of his cornerbacks and spits it back into linemen and receivers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Alvin Kamara is a Champion of Life.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Alabama claiming victories even where they aren't there, where have I heard that one before?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm a dumbass who knows nothing about football and even I was hopping up and down when we got Jacobs

also the guy we drafted at #4 that made everyone go ????? is who got the stop on fourth down lmao

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

I mean I understand that the guy who transferred out for PT is the only thing you have to cling to but you don't get to pretend you imbued him with any greatness, he got that by briefly touching the hem of Saban's cloak

I....what? There's a lot to unpack here.

We like Kamara and "claim" him because he went to and played UT and still does appearances and events for the school. On MNF he says University of Tennessee.

That said there is not one Tennessee fan that won't tell you he was completely underutilized and was absolutely the better RB during his time here and will fully blame Butch for that. No one thinks that Tennessee gave him his talent because, shockingly, he was pretty loving talented before he got to Knoxville and, you might want to sit down for this one....

He was pretty loving talented before he got to Bama too

He also never played a down for Bama and played 2 years at Tennessee so....

Probably Magic posted:

Alabama claiming victories even where they aren't there, where have I heard that one before?

nailed it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm a dumbass who knows nothing about football and even I was hopping up and down when we got Jacobs

also the guy we drafted at #4 that made everyone go ????? is who got the stop on fourth down lmao

That was a nice stop but Raiders pass rush including Ferrell really needs improvement. 4th down stops are great and all (there was another in that game that they didn't get) but how about some pressure to keep Teddy fuckin Bridgewater and the Team of Misfit Toys from marching down the field to the tune of 388 yards, 22 first downs and 30 points? There was almost no pressure no at all. There was one sack negated by offensive holding. But overall they were dominated by the Panthers O line which is not great. That's definitely gonna have to improve if the Raiders go anywhere this season so hopefully it can

Even if Ferrell is more or less a bust, and he definitely hasn't played up to his draft spot, Jacobs and Abrams look like big hits so 2/3 isn't so bad. Still, Raiders pass rush is gonna have to come from somewhere

Play fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 16, 2020

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
teddy bridgewater is good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dubious posted:

teddy bridgewater is good

Yeah I really like Teddy too. He owns and it's underratedly cool that he finally has another starting spot. Regardless of how good he is though it would probably be a good thing to get some pressure on him if you are his opponent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

teddy bridgewater would be cool if he ever threw the ball more than 10 yards past the los

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Teddy is a great person and I hope he goes to the HoF.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

teddy bridgewater has a very large penis

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Teddy could have been good if he didn’t step on that landmine someone placed on the practice field.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

Tell you what Raku, he claims to still be a Bama boy, so Jamarcus Russell is all yours. He was even a #1 draft pick!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

OxySnake posted:

Teddy is a great person and I hope he goes to the HoF.

:hmmyes:

One of the few things we can agree on. 😄

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gatts posted:

What’s the record for Alabama RBs? I mean at one point the Browns had Lawrence Vickers as a FB doing blocking and thanks to him Peyton Hilis looked like a great RB until the following year. The OLine is kind of critical to RBs as is using them right

Hillis played at Arkansas.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Roasted Donut posted:

Hillis played at Arkansas.

This is by no means the most disappointing college backfield but it might be the most meh compared to what it could have been. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis all at once.

They were all awesome in college, Arkansas never did anything. They all went to the NFL and Hillis is the only one who overperformed for a minute before perhaps maybe going crazy.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Vickers to the hall imo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Vickers to the hall imo.

Only if Lo Neal gets in too

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1305528845529907203?s=20

Ferrell made a good play for sure but Hankins kicked rear end to make that possible.

Play posted:

That was a nice stop but Raiders pass rush including Ferrell really needs improvement. 4th down stops are great and all (there was another in that game that they didn't get) but how about some pressure to keep Teddy fuckin Bridgewater and the Team of Misfit Toys from marching down the field to the tune of 388 yards, 22 first downs and 30 points? There was almost no pressure no at all. There was one sack negated by offensive holding. But overall they were dominated by the Panthers O line which is not great. That's definitely gonna have to improve if the Raiders go anywhere this season so hopefully it can

Even if Ferrell is more or less a bust, and he definitely hasn't played up to his draft spot, Jacobs and Abrams look like big hits so 2/3 isn't so bad. Still, Raiders pass rush is gonna have to come from somewhere

Word on the street is that there wasn't much of a pass rush because the game plan was primarily to prevent CMC from going ham on us. We didn't blitz much so maybe there's some truth to that. I mean, dude got his yards and 2 TD's but it could've been a lot worse. He's an amazing player and if the mindset is "contain their best player and make Bridgewater try to beat us", well I can understand the logic there.

Ultimately, I'm not going to harshly judge the team as a whole until they've played at least 5-6 games considering it was a hosed up off-season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Only if Lo Neal gets in too

Eh.

You gonna name a charity duder?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Eh.

You gonna name a charity duder?

Oh yeah.

I'll post it in thr afcw thread when I get off work

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cool.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Black Sunshine posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1305528845529907203?s=20

Ferrell made a good play for sure but Hankins kicked rear end to make that possible.

Word on the street is that there wasn't much of a pass rush because the game plan was primarily to prevent CMC from going ham on us. We didn't blitz much so maybe there's some truth to that. I mean, dude got his yards and 2 TD's but it could've been a lot worse. He's an amazing player and if the mindset is "contain their best player and make Bridgewater try to beat us", well I can understand the logic there.

Ultimately, I'm not going to harshly judge the team as a whole until they've played at least 5-6 games considering it was a hosed up off-season.

If you can't do both on our interior line, you're in for a rude awakening when you play most other teams.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Silly Burrito posted:

Tell you what Raku, he claims to still be a Bama boy, so Jamarcus Russell is all yours. He was even a #1 draft pick!

it's a shame that he turned back into a bad player when he was no longer with good old saint nick

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

If you can't do both on our interior line, you're in for a rude awakening when you play most other teams.

In my entire adult life, the only actual pass rush I've seen is when we had Mack so absolutely nothing will surprise me as I've grown numb to it all.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/week-1-offense-2020/

Ken McKusick's Ravens offensive line grades are up. Long story short, they got their asses kicked. Between Yanda retiring and Skura coming back from injury this is just not the same group as last year.

Fortunately Lamar is very good at moving around in the pocket and can almost always escape if he has to.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly I'm not too concerned. The Browns are a very good line with Garret, Richardson, Vernon and Ogunjobi. That and every 0-line being behind with the weird Covid pre-season I think explains most of the issues. If they look similarly bad against the Texans and Chiefs I'll be concerned.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We will miss Yanda. Hopefully also dobbins provides a good safety valve for us. We should have lots of screen plays to him.

Im guessing skura just benefited a lot playing right next to Yanda and wont be effective anymore.

No preseason i doubt has any effect. They still had camp.

It is very encouraging, however, that our line can get their asses kicked and we win 38-6 and our QB is offensive player of the week.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If we can hang with the saints offense somewhat I'll call that a win

I hold no illusions that we're not going to get 40+ hung on us