Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Pick posted:

I think like 14 or so years ago?

Heyoh!

I'm also a bit behind, I admit, I got caught up in the drama of Election Week and then some IRL stuff that kept me a bit busy; did we ever find out why Mitch was necrotizing before our eyes or did the writers just drop that plotline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Heyoh!

I'm also a bit behind, I admit, I got caught up in the drama of Election Week and then some IRL stuff that kept me a bit busy; did we ever find out why Mitch was necrotizing before our eyes or did the writers just drop that plotline?

Blood thinners, and suspected that he probably just took a stumble. He doesn't have very good balance and apparently falls down a fair amount because of the polio he had as a kid.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He also has a bum leg or something. And, y'know, he's loving 78 years old.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I missed this. When did it come out Barron is also trash?
One of Junior's mistresses (not Guilfoyle) while he was still married and who "kept in touch" basically spilled the beans through social media on how Junior told her how he (DJT Jr.) not-so-lowkey hates his siblings, how Barron threw his food plate at a flight attendant's head because he didn't like the food on AF1, plus like 4 or 5 other things (apparently Ivanka is a closeted, self-hating homophobe or something?). And while most of them sounded made-up, those first two stuck with me because they sounded so... on brand (trumpian? trumpesque?). Like of course they all hate each other + they're all entitled rich dipshits: Look at their loving dad!

Still, though: gently caress all of 'em.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pick posted:

Blood thinners, and suspected that he probably just took a stumble. He doesn't have very good balance and apparently falls down a fair amount because of the polio he had as a kid.

I mean, I feel for him, because I have a condition that causes poo poo balance too, but if it's so bad that you're falling down "a fair amount" then you get a cane or a walker or quit drinking so much or something. You don't keep just stumbling into poo poo and bruising yourself to gently caress, that's dumb as poo poo.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/wenzlerpowers/status/1329973876898590720?s=21

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And for our next magic trick, Mitch will somehow get covid by Christmas.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Does trump potentially have access to the pfizer vaccine at this point? maybe his poo poo kids wont have it but he's the actual president.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Does trump potentially have access to the pfizer vaccine at this point? maybe his poo poo kids wont have it but he's the actual president.

A vaccine relies on herd protection to be effective. Vaccinating one person doesn't guarantee your safety.

If that's what you are asking?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

WaltherFeng posted:

A vaccine relies on herd protection to be effective. Vaccinating one person doesn't guarantee your safety.

If that's what you are asking?

I guess im trying to formulate how trump hasnt gotten a 2nd infection.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wasn't the whole fiasco with how fast he got treated that, due to the fact that he got all them experimental treatments + shitloads of steroids that he was never able to develop his own anti-bodies so that's why they probably have him on even more hosed-up drug cocktails than usual?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wark Say posted:

Wasn't the whole fiasco with how fast he got treated that, due to the fact that he got all them experimental treatments + shitloads of steroids that he was never able to develop his own anti-bodies so that's why they probably have him on even more hosed-up drug cocktails than usual?

That's what im getting at aswell. Shouldnt he be more suseptible unless hes being pumped with a cocktail?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Doesn't the cocktail stick around for months? And wouldn't his immune system also develop some amount of antibodies, just not as many as if he hadn't gotten the artificial ones?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
the idea that he developed none of his own antibodies and is thus just as susceptible as anyone who hasn't been infected was just a blind guess throwaway by fauci that some people have run with. we have no idea whether he can still be infected or not, so personally i'm no that surprised

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, he's still a 74-yo man with piss-poor health, god-awful temper, even worse dietary habits, absolutely lackluster physical activity routines (basically golfing for a couple of hours every weekend?), a thoroughly hosed-up circadian rhythm and with cheese knows how many pre-existing conditions, so he was probably on half-a-dozen things at the most conservative estimate aside from his adderall snorting habits already.

Even if he was receiving top-of-the-line medical checkups and treatment that a POTUS would probably get by default, he's probably getting slammed with double the amount of pills he was previously getting post-COVID. So even if he's "fine", (y'know, for having a garbo immune system), I wouldn't say he's unlikely to get a Corona-encore.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Because recovering from COVID provides you with some period where you are immune to it. Every bit of new research I see about this seems to make the length of time you can assume immunity longer and longer after infection.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sheri posted:

Because recovering from COVID provides you with some period where you are immune to it. Every bit of new research I see about this seems to make the length of time you can assume immunity longer and longer after infection.

right but that's because of antibodies production, which are non existent if synthetic anti bodies are being used

*please let me know if this is incorrect

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

right but that's because of antibodies production, which are non existent if synthetic anti bodies are being used

there's no proof of that at all

it's pretty unlikely that he had no immune response of his own as he was sick and fighting an infection - on his own - before he ever received external antibodies

again, this was a blind guess, there's not a lot of proof for this. yes, an educated experienced professional said it, but it's not like they're titrating trump blood to check on this stuff

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Always great to develop scientific theories based on one wackout data point

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah there's no actual evidence that this happens. Or doesn't happens.

He was sick and symptomatic enough he needed oxygen so chances are his body did mount an immune response of its own as well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Always great to develop scientific theories based on one wackout data point
Listen, it's either that or we start speculating about what Donald Trump's penis really looks like and further derail this already goofy-rear end thread.

I believe Stormy Daniels.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's shaped like Toad from Mario Kart, this has been established.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thanks for the informative posts

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Americas mayor has the Rona

https://twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1335681731874205698?s=20

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I'm honestly kinda surprised he hadn't already had it yet

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This was incredibly inevitable but still, wow! Happening!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
While it would be extremely funny to imagine the karmic significance of Donald Trump catching the rona again, not only is there no reason to think that it would suppress natural antibody/B cell immunity, it could even enhance it.

Here is a review article from 2015 about mechanisms by which giving someone a big shot of exogenous monoclonals could activate other B cells to form memory.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Whenever I look up the Giuliani thing, it seems to be sourced by a Trump tweet. Is there anything else corroborating it?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
enjoying some schadenfrudy

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
https://mobile.twitter.com/ZackBornstein/status/1335744635050684416

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Another one bites the dust-ah

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1344118614052450304

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

You forgot the best part:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Still the highlight of the whole coup so far:

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1329562651287023624