Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Since slowmode got added to USPol, here is a fun thread for us to post about coronavirus and our big wet President with the frenetic pace we all love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1312426827974144000

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Need a betting pool about how many senators still will get it

Likely people:
- Marsha Blackburn
- Josh Hawley
- Ben Sasse

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

never has the Sicko 'yes! hahaha yes!' meme been more fitting

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

eke out posted:

Need a betting pool about how many senators still will get it

Likely people:
- Marsha Blackburn
- Josh Hawley
- Ben Sasse

Hawley and Sasse were at the Masque of the Red Death re-enactment, I think their odds of getting the 'roni are way higher than any other GOP senator.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The irony is now the mods are going to have several 10k posts/day threads to monitor instead of just one.

Also, they better not stop investigating Trump's crimes just because he dies.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

My "the President isn't CURRENTLY receiving oxygen" tshirt is raising a lot of questions answered by the tshirt

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rea posted:

Hawley and Sasse were at the Masque of the Red Death re-enactment, I think their odds of getting the 'roni are way higher than any other GOP senator.

yes, to be clear, that list is the remaining senators at the ACB event that have not announced they are positive yet

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Is there a running list of confirmed positives?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Amy Barrett reception aside, I feel like it has to be everyone who is part of his traveling team thats hosed, right? Sitting on a plane for hours with several infected people is the kiss of death.

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1312419958878502912

(In response to the news that the President has been diagnosed as coronavirus positive for 72 hours / got antibody treatment 48 hours ago)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F386K93u1d0

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

eke out posted:

yes, to be clear, that list is the remaining senators at the ACB event that have not announced they are positive yet

Oh, didn't know Blackburn was there too.

Just an unending :hmbol: at all of this, honestly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Amy Barrett reception aside, I feel like it has to be everyone who is part of his traveling team thats hosed, right? Sitting on a plane for hours with several infected people is the kiss of death.

How many times over the course of the year has this happened with no major consequences though? Seems like dozens of AF1 flights have ended up revealing that someone or other was positive/asymptomatic during the flight and everyone was incredibly fine.

Then you get one Rose Garden party and someone coughs juuuuuust right and loving everybody drops like a rock

No wonder he thought he was invincible and/or covid was fake, come to think of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here lies trump

he never scored

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

lol at Trump’s vitals being textbook numbers.

of course the obese man in his 70s on BP medicine has a BP of 120/80, the max BP you can have without having high blood pressure.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Lmao, trump has covid

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I still think it’s probable that Trump was already infected and was the super spreader at the ACB nomination event.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I don't know what you mean, there's no danger in sharing an enclosed place with circulating air with multiple people infected with a highly spreadable disease who actively refuse even the most base preventative measures as some kind of culture war bullshit!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

fool of sound posted:

Lmao, trump has covid
What comorbidities does he have again? For posterity.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Lmao, trump has covid

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
We sure are fitting a lot of history in here at the end of history.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Grouchio posted:

"slightly overweight"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What if the source was the president’s doctor, guilted into giving the truth after lying on TV? :aaa:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol, just lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Which Republican senators trigger a special election if they die?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

existential anger posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1312419958878502912

(In response to the news that the President has been diagnosed as coronavirus positive for 72 hours / got antibody treatment 48 hours ago)

draining the swamp one cough at a time

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
RBG saving the last of her mana for one last perfectly timed Zot...

https://giant.gfycat.com/GenuineGenuineBandicoot.webm

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I asked this in the other thread but like, their answers re: oxygen may as well be “he’s needed it or needs it” yeah?

That plus his glacial tweeting pace

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
For months I've been explaining to my students that the pandemic is going to move like a spark into dry tinder.

If you take basic precautions and keep your fuel wet and not piled up, when a spark lands you can control it more easily.

If you don't bother and have a pile of dry tinder, you might not get a spark for a while. But when one lands the whole thing goes up in flames.

That's pretty much what's going on right now, the top GOP leadership made themselves very vulnerable and now there's a huge outbreak.

Given the timeline and refusal of a bunch of officials (Barr, notably) to quarantine, we're going to have a bunch more big names come up positive over the next few days to a week. This is just the beginning. Next week will be when Donnie gets super sick or turns the corner and begins recovering, and also when we'll see a bunch more GOP officials come up positive.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429585242488832
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1312428871401299969

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I asked this in the other thread but like, their answers re: oxygen may as well be “he’s needed it or needs it” yeah?

That plus his glacial tweeting pace

Yes, absolutely. Specifically, the doctor was talking circles around whether he needed oxygen yesterday before he came to Walter Reed.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Data Graham posted:

How many times over the course of the year has this happened with no major consequences though? Seems like dozens of AF1 flights have ended up revealing that someone or other was positive/asymptomatic during the flight and everyone was incredibly fine.

Then you get one Rose Garden party and someone coughs juuuuuust right and loving everybody drops like a rock

No wonder he thought he was invincible and/or covid was fake, come to think of it

well, they seemed to take things more seriously earlier in the outbreak - at least consistently doing rapid tests - but in the last few weeks as the second wave has started they've also been traveling a lot more and more random people are joining the campaign at events, at a same time when their protocols apparently became more lax

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Pick posted:

Which Republican senators trigger a special election if they die?

States that have zero governor replacement of senators are North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Every other state allows a governor to either appoint someone until the special election takes place or the next statewide general election takes place.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ruth Bader Ginsburg couldn't retire, she had to kill the president

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://twitter.com/scott_bowser/status/1312265307696721921?s=21

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
TUBE! THAT! BITCH!

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Grouchio posted:

Old, male, obese, heart disease to some degree are the big ones. Sedentary, poor diet, likely drug use are going to contribute as well. There is some evidence that exposure to common cold coronaviruses has limited protection for SARS-CoV-2, so his germophobia might actually come back to hurt him if he hasn't gotten a cold in the last couple years.

Also he's low income lol. (not my joke)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the ghosts of christmas past, present, and future are all herman cain