Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vorik posted:

Yeah this is the part that has me raising my eyebrow. From everything we know so far it is extremely common for COVID patients to have weeks worth of symptoms with the severity of said symptoms fluctuating throughout. How are they already talking about about his full recovery when this is day 3?

because they can no longer say his symptoms are mild moderate mildly severe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I dunno whether it's more appropriate to post about this here or in the main thread, but:

What's our Game Theory unqualified hypothesizing for what happens if Trump is incapacitated or dead come Election Day?

If he's dead, Biden wins and there will be a very weak or no effort to try and contest the election based on mail-in voting which is clearly what they're preparing to do. Without the man himself leading the contentious fight in court battles it really takes the wind out of the sails of a contested/stolen election.

If he's incapacitated I think it'll still make a contested election much less likely.

to be honest I've been dreading the scenario of what happens when Biden wins, Trump contests, and the nation is plunged into chaos and violence with a very uncertain outcome in the months between election and inauguration.

edit:

ok but now photoshop the big furry mics into big spikey coronaviruses

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vorik posted:

Yeah this is the part that has me raising my eyebrow. From everything we know so far it is extremely common for COVID patients to have weeks worth of symptoms with the severity of said symptoms fluctuating throughout. How are they already talking about about his full recovery when this is day 3?

They're fielding thousands of phone calls from terrified and/or furious supporters demanding to know the TIMELINE for when PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL BE BACK and they can RESUME OPENING UP AMERICA

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

I dunno whether it's more appropriate to post about this here or in the main thread, but:

What's our Game Theory unqualified hypothesizing for what happens if Trump is incapacitated or dead come Election Day?

If he's dead, Biden wins and there will be a very weak or no effort to try and contest the election based on mail-in voting which is clearly what they're preparing to do. Without the man himself leading the contentious fight in court battles it really takes the wind out of the sails of a contested/stolen election.

If he's incapacitated I think it'll still make a contested election much less likely.

to be honest I've been dreading the scenario of what happens when Biden wins, Trump contests, and the nation is plunged into chaos and violence with a very uncertain outcome in the months between election and inauguration.

in practical terms this is the death knell for his campaign and as you said likely his ability to try to stay in power. we have no idea if he'll even be physically capable of acting as president in 4 weeks - he isn't right now.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Whether he croaks or not, this really is cosmic irony of the highest order. A religious event if you will.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think the campaign and efforts are going to shift to senate races because yeah, hes laid out for a bit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if he dies now almost no one can attend his funeral on account of virus

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i'm curious about the extent to which this fucks up downballot races, not just the ability of people like thom tillis to campaign but the number of republican voters who stay home if there's no certainty on the president's condition

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

i can promise there are a lot of backroom meetings today at the RNC about shifting money away from trump and into senate races.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

Pick posted:

Honestly it would be empty anyways, like some hardcore GOP would go but who else?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

i can promise there are a lot of backroom meetings today at the RNC about shifting money away from trump and into senate races the bahamas.

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

i can promise there are a lot of backroom meetings today at the RNC about shifting money away from trump and into senate races.

The money that Trump and Co. have embezzled and wasted on DC ad buys? Sad!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

QuoProQuid posted:

i'm curious about the extent to which this fucks up downballot races, not just the ability of people like thom tillis to campaign but the number of republican voters who stay home if there's no certainty on the president's condition

GOP campaigns were already making GBS threads their pants because of Trump's very negative effects on downballot races. Even a 1 to 2% shift in the race in Biden/the Dems' favor due to reduced turnout would wipe out the GOP in so many races.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

if trump dies his biggest fans will spontaneously hold superspreader events in his honor. the irony will be overwhelming.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fritz the Horse posted:

edit:

ok but now photoshop the big furry mics into big spikey coronaviruses

He will be dead in a week and pence will lose by a historic landslide.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Thank you again for the condolences, but I honestly take solace in the fact that this fucker is finally getting his due for what happened to my father and 210,000 other Americans

It's very cathartic

7of7
Jul 1, 2008

Smoke SARS CoV2 filled rooms.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

well, let's not hope they're in-person backroom meetings

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Pick posted:

i can promise there are a lot of backroom meetings today at the RNC about shifting money away from trump and into senate races the bahamas their hospitalization fees.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
It's loving insanely irresponsible of the cabinet to have not invoked the 25th by now but what else can we really expect

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Riptor posted:

It's loving insanely irresponsible of the cabinet to have not invoked the 25th by now but what else can we really expect

If Trump is still conscious he would have to agree to it which he will NEVER EVER do.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Pick posted:

DC Mayor should say “have all the state funerals you want, I’m not allowing crowds in the streets.”

Just the funeral cassion, honor guard, and empty DC.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

tears streaming down my bare face as i wave my MAGA flag in the middle of a packed crowd, the chants of "trump trump trump" drowning out the persistent coughing coming from my left.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Riptor posted:

Was the 25th even formally invoked when Reagan was shot and GHWB was acting president for a while?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Isn't the 25th more for when the President is conscious but delirious/unstable? Like if the president is objectively incapacitated* or dead it's just the regular transfer of power down the line of succession without the need to invoke the 25th.

*By which I mean unconscious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I had shortness of breath as a symptom too and so did lots of others I know. It was really scary but we recovered fine (so far, god knows if some of us have hosed up hearts or something now). Don't take that as a smoking gun that he's doomed.

OTOH I'm just turned 27 and fit and he's 74 and a chicken nugget soooooo

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1312432099522207744

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the pope met donald trump in 2017. didnt like what he saw. he bade his time. racked up some favors from the lord. 2020 arrives...

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

vyelkin posted:

Was the 25th even formally invoked when Reagan was shot and GHWB was acting president for a while?

No. One of my favorite presidential facts is that the only 3 times we've officially invoked it and had an Acting President was due to colonoscopies. Once for Reagan and twice for GWB

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

vyelkin posted:

Nope. They only formally invoked the 25th when Reagan went under for a colonoscopy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The

Donald

The

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hold up, hold up, hold up, Trump's loving chief of staff is confirming "not on clear path to a full recovery"?! He's basically admitting that Trump is dying?!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think its too soon to say he is dying, but it's definitely looking like, if Meadows is correct, that he is going to be laid out for awhile.

Which is might be a better outcome.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

No way this is true. The chief of staff leaking this poo poo?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Rea posted:

Hold up, hold up, hold up, Trump's loving chief of staff is confirming "not on clear path to a full recovery"?! He's basically admitting that Trump is dying?!

Welcome to 2020!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Never trust anything that comes from a Trump lackey

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rea posted:

I think there's some who understand that, should the worst happen, it's actually way worse to go from lying and saying 'actually mr trump is very strong and good' to 'uh we tubed the bitch'

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Vorik posted:

No way this is true. The chief of staff leaking this poo poo?

hello, have you met the trump white house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Obama Voice: We, uh, we tubed the bitch