Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to ask, but whatever happened to thread with that guys poorly planned delivery truck conversion? It was funny to read but at a certain point it seemed like people were more berating him (not undeservedly) then anythinf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

The thread found its forever home in the goodmine

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Thank you!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Am I crazy or is there no clay/ceramics thread?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

It appears there isn't one right now. You should make one!

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do y'all know how long threads stay active in this forum? Just curious how long I have to resurrect, or bump it to keep it alive

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Epitope posted:

Do y'all know how long threads stay active in this forum? Just curious how long I have to resurrect, or bump it to keep it alive

Right now, indefinitely. The actual archiver hasn't run since sometime in 2014 and nothing in this forum has been locked for archiving in the past two years. If that changes there will probably be a forums-wide announcement from Astral or Jeff but I'll be sure to give people a heads up here as well.

Sorry for the delay in replying!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Requesting suggestions for spooky HCH names. All the neighbors got their decorations up before we did!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Haunts, Creeps, & Horrors?
Hexes, Witchcraft, and Haunted Houses?

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Hair-Raising Crypt Hauntings

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Helping Cryptids Homedecorate

Heavy Chains and Hotglue

Hobbies, Crypts & Hell

Forum background: that portable homemade firepit with tiny skulls

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haunted Crypt Hobbies

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Haunted Crypt Hobbies

Haunted Crypts & Hovels

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hope Can't Happen?

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
hobgoblins, witchcraft and haunted houses.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
OK, this is killing me: What specifically does PO (as used in this forum) stand for?

Property owner (current)

Previous owner

Potty Odor

Pointy Owl

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Previous Owner (I think)

Possibly Olso Perfidious Ogre.

Kaiser Schnitzel fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 3, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Previous Owner (I think)

Possibly Olso Perfidious Ogre.

a distinction without a difference

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a laser engraver or CnC machine thread? I got this machine and I'd like to chat.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GreenWhoppingAmericanbadger-mobile.mp4

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

By popular demand posted:

Is there a laser engraver or CnC machine thread? I got this machine and I'd like to chat.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GreenWhoppingAmericanbadger-mobile.mp4
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3558051

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Is there anywhere around here where people discuss rockets? Like building and launching model rockets? :)

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is there anywhere around here where people discuss rockets? Like building and launching model rockets? :)

There's a remote control vehicles thread and they might talk about rockets?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386779

Or feel free to start a rocket thread!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think the scale models might be closer since you have to build them like a model. Not sure if they talk about that stuff in there though, I'm new to this forum. :)

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

It’s the Spooky month again and we need to decorate for Halloween so please post your suggestions for a scary forum title and any thread titles here!!!!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Home Ownership: Continually Terrifying

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Home Ownership: The American Dream (but nightmares are dreams, too)

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Sorry due to supply chain disruptions and labor shortages all our contractors are running behind and we’re only just now getting around to putting up the Halloween decorations

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

does this mean HCH secret santa is delayed too? :ohdear:

(It does, we'll be having easter santa this year.)

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
Would there be an interest in a first-time-homeowners thread? I've been renting for a decade in various places and just had our offer on a home accepted. I realize a lot of the questions would be answered in other threads already, but I feel like there might be a place for newbies to ask and to get tips on what to look out for, what projects to undertake, what the knowledge gaps are that we don't even realize we have.

Maybe we could recruit some of the active posters from the relevant threads to write mini OPs introducing what folks should look out for as they move in, something like that?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

road potato posted:

Would there be an interest in a first-time-homeowners thread? I've been renting for a decade in various places and just had our offer on a home accepted. I realize a lot of the questions would be answered in other threads already, but I feel like there might be a place for newbies to ask and to get tips on what to look out for, what projects to undertake, what the knowledge gaps are that we don't even realize we have.

Maybe we could recruit some of the active posters from the relevant threads to write mini OPs introducing what folks should look out for as they move in, something like that?

There are two threads where this already happens regularly in general, and then a plumbing, HVAC, electrical and landscaping threads where it happens for specific things.

I'm not sure what isn't being addressed by those threads and how many of the posters who are answering questions want to answer the same ones in another thread or have another thread in the mix of "you should post in the X thread" or, my favorite, the posters who don't get an immediate response in one thread and then quote their posts into a different one an hour later.

CattleAbduction
Dec 5, 2022
Any bookbinders. I'd love to chat about bookbinding but couldn't find proper topic.

Meow Meow Meow
Nov 13, 2010
The buy/sell/trade thread hasn't had a post in years? Is it safe to say it's been a failure and can remove the sticky? Too many stickies if you ask me.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

CattleAbduction posted:

Any bookbinders. I'd love to chat about bookbinding but couldn't find proper topic.
I know someone has posted here before about bookbinding so please make a thread! I for one would love to learn about it.

Meow Meow Meow posted:

The buy/sell/trade thread hasn't had a post in years? Is it safe to say it's been a failure and can remove the sticky? Too many stickies if you ask me.
Done. Also unstuck the collecting thread and lockpicking thread.

Also I locked the lockpicking thread. Seemed appropriate.

E: linked to the buy/sell/trade thread in the Hobby thread index post because it's like on page 7 now

Kaiser Schnitzel fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 14, 2023

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
e: nvm

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 10, 2023

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Is there any interest in a banknote collecting thread? It's a bit more niche than coin collecting. :sweatdrop:

mjan
Jan 30, 2007

DarkSol posted:

Is there any interest in a banknote collecting thread? It's a bit more niche than coin collecting. :sweatdrop:

The current numismatics thread covers paper money as well, I think - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706376

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

mjan posted:

The current numismatics thread covers paper money as well, I think - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706376

Cool! Thanks! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Is there a dedicated pool/spa maintenance thread?

I'm thinking about heating my pool, was interested in discussing heat pumps vs propane.