Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG outshot q'pac 17-2 in the 1st period and cruised to a 4-1 win :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

gently caress UND

Sup? :smug:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So hey we're through the new year and let's see where poo poo's at.

gently caress to the jim delany
It's Minnesota by a loving landslide right now. They're 10-0 and the only team close is barely-over-.500 Wisconsin. Penn State still holding strong to their desire to not care about defense or goaltending.

ECAC
Only 4 teams are playing: Clarkson, St. Lawrence, Colgate, and Q'Pac. St. Lawrence has only played 2 games.

Hockey East
So hi there, UMass! They're sitting at 8-3 and for now that's good enough to top the league. BC is behind them at 5-1. BU is the only team to opt out of the season.

NCHC
By all accounts the early season pod was a massive success for the conference. Everyone's got at least 10 games in. Cloud, NoDak, and Minn-Duluth are jammed up at the top. They've got a long way to go but hey, Miami isn't on the league floor!

WCHA
In typical fashion, Minn-State, BG, and the Fightin' Nerds are all clustered at the top of the league. BG is an absurd 11-1 overall right now although that includes a couple games against D-3 Adrian. Both Alaskas are out. Bama-Huntsville is a brutal 0-5-1 and on life support as a program.

Independents
Arizona State is going to be doing a TON of travelling, I think they're scheduled to play entirely road games this year, and are currently 4-8-2. They lead the country in games played, which is not a stat I'd ever think I'd cite but I suppose that's something of its own victory this year. Newcomer Long Island University is 2-3-0, with wins over Holy Cross and RIT.

Atlantic Hockey

Bobby Mo is leading. Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DJExile posted:

Atlantic Hockey

Bobby Mo is leading.
lmao thank you for bringing this to my attention, college hockey owns

to be honest PSU hadn't updated their schedule at the end of last semester so I figured they just cancelled or something so I stopped paying attention :shrug:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

lmao thank you for bringing this to my attention, college hockey owns

to be honest PSU hadn't updated their schedule at the end of last semester so I figured they just cancelled or something so I stopped paying attention :shrug:

I'd imagine life is absolutely miserable right now for any associate ADs, SIDs, student employees, etc. that haven't been laid off or furloughed at all the various colleges. Hell, even the Ohio States and Texases of the world are probably running skeleton crews for anyone not connected to football. Bowling Green at this point just sends out emails about the team every couple weeks.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I like when adam sandler played the hockey but golf also I think he was in college does anyone remember that?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good to see you, nooner :tipshat:

So BU had their first games! I had it in my head they opted out from the season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Happy friday, yall. Some games get TV this weekend!

all times eastern

FRIDAY

Nerd poo poo
Q'Pac @ Colgate - 5PM
St. Lawrence @ Clarkson - 5PM

Bad accents
Maine @ Providence - Started at 3PM
UNH @ UConn - Just started at 4PM
BU @ Umass - Postponed for COVID

Chaos Division
Minn State @ LSSU - 7PM

Tornado Alley
Cloud @ WMU - 7PM

legends, leaders
SPARTY, NOOO @ Penn State - 6PM
ND @ Minnesota - 8PM - TV: Fox Sports North Plus
OSU @ Michigan - 7PM

Non-Conf
LIU @ Army - 5PM
Northern Mich @ BGSU - 7PM

Saturday
Maine @ Providence - 4:30PM TV: NESN
UConn @ UNH - 5PM
UMass @ BU - Postponed for COVID
Vermont @ Merrimack - Postponed for COVID
Merrimack @ BC - 7PM TV: NESN

Minn State @ LSSU - 5PM

Cloud @ WMU - 7:30PM TV: CBS Sports Network

SPARTY, NOOO @ Penn State - 3PM
ND @ Minnesota - 6PM TV: FOx Sports North
OSU @ Michigan - 7PM

Arizona State @ Wisconsin 8PM TV: Fox Sports Wisconsin
LIU @ Army - 7PM
NMU @ BGSU - 7PM

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So Western Michigan is beating the dogshit out of St cloud :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG sweeps the northern michigan series and is officially the 26th college hockey program to hit 1,000 wins :toot:

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Minnesota outscores ASU 20-2 to take the series. Yikes. This is a great preview for what is going to happen to St. Thomas next year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG got swept by bemidji so I'm gonna spend the weekend melting down about it, naturally

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1357896903841693698

things are going great in huntsville

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lmao bowling green is never going to beat minnesota state

E: lol

https://twitter.com/rvallonBG/status/1358241900411506688?s=20

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 7, 2021

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Badgers are beating Minnesota 7-1. Goals scored on 3 different sieves. Put Granato in charge of vaccine distribution the way these shots are getting in.

Edit: 8-1

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG got boatraced by Minn State last weekend, lost one idiot to a 3 game suspension (well earned, to be sure), and now lost to Lake SUperior 2-1 in OT.

well, that was a fun season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao swept by LSSU.

holy poo poo the wheels came off this season fast

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

You say that the Big Ten cares so little about hockey that they link to collegehockeystats.net to tell you who is leading the men's hockey regular season title chase, I say that the Big 10 knows it cares so little they are happy to outsource that effort to someone else.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG ties Northern Mich 0-0 and now has only 4 goals in the last 5 games, two of which have included OT. christ.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

well then!

https://twitter.com/BruceCiskie/status/1363323456683663360

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1367579502398894082

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Wisconsin dumps Minnesota into a trash can today, knocking them out of the women's WCHA tournament and steals the Big 10 men's regular season crown from them. Hell yeah.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao we're going to get smoked by northern in game 1 great job you utter buffoons, you complete dullards

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Taylor Schneider hat trick woooo these idiots are coming back :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the idiots did not come back :manning:

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

DJExile posted:

the idiots did not come back :manning:

This was an excellent post session.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

spwrozek posted:

This was an excellent post session.

Lol I aim to please

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
the miami redhawks will never be good again

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
This is why I hate single game playoffs, sometimes the opposing goalie just decides that today he is Dominik Hasek and you end up going to overtime against Michigan State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fuckin lmao we're about to get eliminated by northern goddamn Michigan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao 5-1

holy poo poo what an absolutely pathetic last couple months this team had

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lmao PSU won a game and I would have put significant money on them not winning said game, amazing

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

blackmongoose posted:

This is why I hate single game playoffs, sometimes the opposing goalie just decides that today he is Dominik Hasek and you end up going to overtime against Michigan State

hey jeff jakaitis go gently caress urself namaste

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

hey jeff jakaitis go gently caress urself namaste

lol goddamn there's a name I haven't heard in ages

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

you mean the best goalie on the planet from the period of 7pm march 9th 2007 to 10pm march 10th 2007??????

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Fifty Three posted:

Lmao PSU won a game and I would have put significant money on them not winning said game, amazing

2 more wins!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

woof PSU/UW is chippy lmao

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Cole Caufield is On One this season, goddamn.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Limoges in tears and UW players consoling him :smith:

Better postseason showing than expected after this regular season, but drat what a let-down after last season. College hockey continues to be a cruel mistress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Giving up the PPG with 6 minutes left sucked

Onto next year