Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Is the NBA still moving to a no mandatory one year thing or did the gleague stuff chanfe those plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1423998402132545542?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Is the NBA still moving to a no mandatory one year thing or did the gleague stuff chanfe those plans

Doesn't seem like it's changing and definitely not in time to matter here. The issue with Bates is that you have to turn 19 in the year of the draft and he won't be 19 until the next January, so he will have to play 2 years wherever he goes. Wasn't the same level of prospect so it didn't really matter, but that also happened to Kira Lewis. He played a full season of college basketball and still wasn't old enough to be eligible for the draft.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

wonder if his (representational) team cares enough to mount a legal challenge to that or if he’s just trying to stop playing basketball for free asap

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

wonder if his (representational) team cares enough to mount a legal challenge to that or if he’s just trying to stop playing basketball for free asap

A collectively bargained age limit is pretty hard to challenge. It's held up in court before. I think he's just trying to go somewhere where he can make some money, or just stop playing high school ball which probably isn't really helping him all that much.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://t.co/6FFi0LvZVa?amp=1

Can anyone summarize or post snippets of this Schmitz article about the u16 best overseas prospects

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://t.co/6FFi0LvZVa?amp=1

Can anyone summarize or post snippets of this Schmitz article about the u16 best overseas prospects

1. Egor Demin | 6-7 | Guard | Russia | Real Madrid | Birth year: 2006
Big playmaking wing, excellent court vision and touch, creates his own shots, competitive defender, not an explosive athlete.

2. Ruben Prey | 6-9 | Center | Portugal | Joventut Badalona | 2005
Huge hands, long arms, good defensive instincts and shot blocking, projectable outside shot, skinny as hell, not sure what his athletic ceiling is.

3. Demir Dogan | 6-8 | Forward | Turkey | Besiktas | 2006
Swiss Army knife four man, can do a bit of everything at both ends, shooting isn't there yet.

4. Zaccharie Risacher | 6-8 | Wing | France | ASVEL | 2005
Straight line athlete, good shooting mechanics, strong defender, not very shifty ball handler.

5. Martin Kalu | 6-5 | Guard | Germany | Bayern Munich | 2005
Second best PER ever at the Sofia U16 tourney (46.4), shotmaker, explosive leaper and dunker, downhill threat, unrefined ball handing and passing.

6. Alexander Sarr | 6-11 | Center | France | Overtime Elite | 2005
Big frame, outstanding agility, quick leaper, needs to improve defensive discipline, inconsistent shooting mechanics, turns it over a ton.

7. Declan Duru | 6-8 | Forward | Germany | Real Madrid | 2007
Huge standing reach, all-around agility, solid handle, 41% free throw shooter, big time high ceiling-low floor kinda guy.

8. Killian Malwaya | 6-6 | Guard | France | ASVEL | 2005
Quick first step, competitive, downhill driver, super physical, great on-ball defender, not a fluid jump shot, slasher not a passer.

9. Ladji Coulibaly | 6-9 | Center | Mali | Manresa | 200
Tremendous frame, big hands, great agility, 55% free throw shooter but mechanics are solid, poor touch around the basket, no ball skills.

10. Malick Diallo | 6-9 | Power Forward/Center | Mali | Juan Diego High School (UT) | 2005
Defensive playmaker, transition ball handling and passing skills, powerful but not explosive, strong rebounding anticipation and skills.

11. Joshua Bonga | 6-4 | Guard | Germany | Zalgiris | 2005
Transition skills, catch and shoot threes, gets downhill, holds the ball and tries to do too much, poor assist to turnover ratio, no left hand.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 8, 2021

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Ouch.
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1445850969644826631?t=4ThIx-TOb_Qmw08IwrGUpw&s=19

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

slow t rex with no hops, big f

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Aw drat he just lost about 60m dollars at least

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

slow t rex with no hops, big f

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Yeah, wow, those are bad numbers

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, wow, those are bad numbers

There isn't a single positive other than the fact that he's not slow, but that's also a function of his slight build. Negative wingspan, no hops, small hands, and hasn't been able to put on muscle.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/MidLvlException/status/1445893035712303105?t=6qNTDEvJyiAeZYOjWFDHDw&s=19

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hey look maybe he could be…tall JJ Redick?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm fairly certain someone just hosed up recording the measurements

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
yeah those can't be correct

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Height and wingspan the wrong way round?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

Height and wingspan the wrong way round?

It's either all wrong or idk what the gently caress. That hand size is tiny by nba standards, and for a guy that size that's no vert at all.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

It's either all wrong or idk what the gently caress. That hand size is tiny by nba standards, and for a guy that size that's no vert at all.

It's probably correct because no agent/lawyer is letting the data spread like this without making a stink.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Looks like they mixed his measures with Şengün‘s

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm pretty sure NBA hand width is measured from thumb to pinky, not palm only, and not circumference, which are how glove fitters would do so.

Measured in this way, 8 1/4" hand width is about the same as me, and I'm 5'6. I refuse to believe a man 6'9 can't open his hands wider, unless he was involved in some sort of industrial accident.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nm got it backwards

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

could just be perspective but i dunno those are some tiny hands

kwame rear end hands

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

in other news

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1446627105987600387

jabari smith jr is probably gonna climb if he gets to play at 4

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
If we are talking about the 2022 draft it might be an idea to make a 2022 draft thread.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hand Knit posted:

If we are talking about the 2022 draft it might be an idea to make a 2022 draft thread.

It’s the second week of the season so as an Orlando fan it’s now time for me to start thinking about next year. As such, I would appreciate this

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

It’s the second week of the season so as an Orlando fan it’s now time for me to start thinking about next year. As such, I would appreciate this

Judging by how the Pels have looked without Zion and how long it will take for him to get back, I think I would also appreciate a draft thread. CHA only gets that first round pick if the Pels make the playoffs, after all!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The G League Ignite have started their season. Don't have a ton to say so far, Jaden Hardy could run jet sweeps really well if he was a running back

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
MV are you out there? Do you have a draft watching guide for the season?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

MV are you out there? Do you have a draft watching guide for the season?

Less but yeah. I'm behind on this class but I can put something together.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Less but yeah. I'm behind on this class but I can put something together.

Thank you I appreciate it. My early take is that Benn Mathurin should be drafted somewhere in the top 50.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Thank you I appreciate it. My early take is that Benn Mathurin should be drafted somewhere in the top 50.

I had him lottery going into the year. Think he may drop a little but I like him a lot

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1463004030167248906

gotta admit this guy doesn't scream "nba player" to me but he does cool poo poo and i've been wrong many many times before.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

dokmo posted:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/1463004030167248906

gotta admit this guy doesn't scream "nba player" to me but he does cool poo poo and i've been wrong many many times before.

What about a dude whose game is somewhere between Mobley and KP doesn't seem NBA transferable?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Significantly twiggier than either of those guys, not a jump out the gym athlete

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Tell me about Jalen Duren

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
He is destined to play on the same team as Poku

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vinestalk posted:

He is destined to play on the same team as Poku

Chet is way better than Poku but Victor Wembanyama is going to be better than Chet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lockback posted:

Chet is way better than Poku but Victor Wembanyama is going to be better than Chet.

I had a chance to see Victor play during those FIBA U17 games on YouTube...Holy crap.