Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is this where we talkin about Xmen 97 because holy poo poo

E: I wish the footage of the old show wasnt so shite on Disney Plus or I'd marathon the whole thing to refresh

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I remember thinking when they were in a club earlier in the season that the music seemed a bit generic and not particularly of the 90s and then this episode I was impressed by them popping in a fake Ace of Bass song. Like woah that's pretty spot on, only to find out it was a single from way earlier.

Also uh Ace of Bass had good choons and shite opinions as far as I recall..

Edit: Ah yeah one of em was a Neo Nazi skinhead in the 80s. Fuckin hell these lyrics

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 12, 2024

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That reporter wasn't picking up on him having lost a child at all was she? Unless she was really looking for a reaction.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really have to get on with this rewatch of the og show because all of this stuff happening is stuff I've only read about happening in random lore pages in Wolverine UNLEASHED in the 90s and I'm wondering when Stryfe is gonna show up to give everyone Covid or if that's already happened

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Stryfe is also lame.

Yeah maybe a bad example. I'd always read about the Legacy virus and child me got the real world parallels, but child me didn't know it was made by Cable's rear end in a top hat clone brother who looks like the Silver Samurai.

Uh uh I dunno has everyone died and woken up in Australia yet?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah btw ep 4 was weeks ago but I only just realised that Mojo having an old Jubilee around is something from an early 90s Wolverine story were they both end up at the end of time with Spiral and Mystique (Jubes having followed Logan and Mystique to a seedy motel and ended up thinking he was sleeping with Jean). Logan rides a nuke into Mojo's face.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't believe Wolverine caressing a photograph in full uniform in bed is in the FIFTH episode of this entire show

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

McSpanky posted:

They didn't tone his healing factor down, later comics boosted it up. In the 80s and early 90s Wolverine had to meditate and stay in recovery for days, sometimes weeks recovering from major wounds, it was definitely different from straight-up "grow back missing flesh in seconds" grade regeneration. Kitty Pryde once threatened to kill him by running a sword between his ribs and lodging it in his heart. In the AoA. evil Cyclops blasted one of his hands off and it never grew back. Decades of subsequent power creep led to Wolverine in his current state where he can walk off nukes and insane poo poo like that.

In AOA he got those sick head tatts as well, which at least Ultimate Logan could heal totally overnight (which he claims he'd use to impress dates)

When was the whole incinerated and regrown from a drop of blood incident, that was always the craziest thing to me, I dunno if he was being boosted by someone or what

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If I recall correctly AoA is actually one of the few concepts from the show that ended up in comics and not the other way around, (unless that story is BS)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And one thing to add - the Siege Perilous is a loving chair.

What the hell, comics?

Isn't that the thing that helped them fake their deaths in the 80s? It's a chair!?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Missed opportunity to have him do stupid stuff like tie up bad guys with his arms or trip up a sentinel from across the street or fold himself up like an envelope and slide under a door.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

GateOfD posted:

with how good is it, they should just bring him back.
I don't care that he has an onlyfans

Wait is that why they fired him???

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I assume back in the 90's Magnus was a survivor of an ambiguous atrocity rather than explicitly the Holocaust for both character age and kids broadcast reasons? Pretty far from name dropping Mengele. And sort of ambiguously European and not necessarily every name Erik Lehnshurr?
]

As far as I've watched in the og show recently it seems to have been made some sort of ethnic/sectarian conflict in Europe instead, he meets Xavier in the aftermath of the war there instead of Isreal and get jumped by bandits which causes Magneto to go full villain before Xavier finally drives him off. I think later that's retconned to actually have been the aftermath of WWII instead of like the Balkans or something and the bandits were Nazi remnants but I've no idea when that happens. The show seemed to have play pretty fast and loose with continuity

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Also

MAGNETO WAS RIGHT!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

IcePhoenix posted:

Christian Cage as Professor X since he's such a great father figure