Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

obligatory zach thomas is nowhere near a hofer but he is better than brian urlacher who somehow??? is in??? the hall of fame?? despite being terrible thank you godbless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

one of the top 32 defenses known to man in a specific date range, for sure

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

john lynch in the hof is just...the bar for safeties is on the loving floor lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

neat, i didnt actually read it tho cause it appears to just be some stupid poo poo about tackles, a stat that wasnt even official till like 1995 and is almost entirely made up by the teams stat guys

i think john lynch impacted a given game like, infinitely less tahn derrick mason did. id pick derrick mason on my team first and it wouldnt even be close

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm it appears that guy was agreeing with me. nevermind the tweet was great

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you were drafting a team out of hof players to just make the best roster possible i would pass on drafting john lynch and instead just ask if i could like, sign chuck clark or something as a udfa. maybe theyd let me have tim zibikowski instead

e: jim leonhard is objectively better than john lynch at football

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah zach thomas should not even sniff the hall of fame, but as always if brian urlacher is in anyone can be in

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

outside of like 3 or 4 players ever, historically safety has just been one guy who wasnt good enough to be a corner and one guy who wasnt big enough to be a linebacker, they have been such filler positions for so long that some guy was basically just bare minimum talented like lynch can sneak in to getting on field honors and poo poo. i think butler fits this as well tbh. they should have just not ever put another safety in after ed reed and troy polamalu

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

eric weddle can be just barely in frame when aj green gets inducted

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

stevonne latrall smith senior? now thats a hofer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kawa is sad that boldin traded a hof career to win a ring with the greatest franchise of all time, the baltimore ravens. but i am not I'm glad he did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ngata was a hofer yeah, he probably will not make it but vince wilfork is basically flashier ngata so they will share the jacket