Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Quackles posted:

Welp.

Skin: Light
Hair: Pink
Your call on the clothes.

Looking forward to the wacky story.

Remember, folks: It can't be worse than Pokémon Reborn.™
This looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Leraika posted:

Beldum named Coldsteel seems sufficiently edgy.
I like it.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Psycho Knight posted:

Can confirm that they are total dead weight, at least as far as Larvitar is concerned. Larvitar has gotten me wiped out at least 3 times so far and I've only reached the first town/gym. Trying to train up a replacement in this game is ridiculous because of the pitiful EXP and Money payouts (especially money, as it means you have to constantly run to the Pokemon Center after every single battle), so if you start with Larvitar then expect to take the Souls approach of throwing yourself at walls until they break.
I have to assume Beldum is even more deadweight because checking Bulbapedia, in most Gens, it apparently learns nothing except either Take Down or Tackle until evolving at level 20 - no other moves via leveling and not even any TM/HM's.

hopeandjoy posted:

You can't get that from something like Larvitar that evolves at 30 and then at 55.
I played a game of Gen II once where I started with Larvitar. IIRC, it wasn't too awful, but it did require burning several TM's early to fill in gaps in the moveset. And of course that's the actual games, where you encounter a lot of Normal or Flying pokemon in the early game, so the rock-typing can carry you through a lot of battles.

Also, I'm just waiting on the game to suddenly decide to have the first Gym be like, the Ice Gym, so Gible actually screws you just as hard as Larvitar/Beldum, just in a different way.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 14, 2021