Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Rules and Rulings

Player Etiquette and Game Format

The usual rules and guidelines for playing cooperatively apply in this game as they would any other game I run.

• Scenes of rape or torture are forbidden. I as the GM will not place scenes before you where this should be necessary. If you have any concerns about whether something you are planning might cross over the line or upset players please consult with me first.
  • This should be covered by the forum rules, so no hate or bigotry towards other players or to me will be tolerated.
  • Similarly if you have any concerns about anything in character posted by a player or myself please contact me immediately.
  • Posts will ideally be every few days but may be faster or slower depending on posting rate and how life is going for me.
  • If you are unsure of what to do or find yourself struggling with ideas please talk to me!

Character Progression

Most of your character progression will come from offers that will be made with between 2-4 traits that you may pick one from. These will be offered at narrative points that make sense and will take into account both the immediate situation as well as the events and story of your character until then. In addition to this though, sometimes you may encounter powerful entities or relics that will offer you great power immediately. However the cost of this will be a change to your character and will typically tie your character closer to one of the four realms. For example if you were to accept a devil or demon's power your character could potentially physically change in some way to reflect this, as well as becoming vulnerable to specific things that repel or affect demons. Becoming tied to the infernal could make you favoured by an evil cult, giving you access to a resource in that realm that you would not have access to in another realm.

As the nature of the four realms is different an advantage or disadvantage in one realm may become the opposite in another realm, or might simply become irrelevant. You will only be able to accept one or two of these powerful opportunities through the game, but they will not count against the periodic multiple offer trait choices.

Death and PVP

If your character dies in a realm they will resurrect back in the tower and the Creator will not allow you to attack or be attacked in the tower as well. PvP is allowed but as the Creator is searching for creators of worlds and not mere killers or wreckers this should not be a focus or priority. Also PDQ is not good for PvP, our hack for PDQ does not do PvP better and also PvP will tend to drag out in a PbP game. So not forbidden but not encouraged either.

Posting

Please make sure that beneath your prose and flavour that you have a concise summary of what your action is, with all the traits being used clearly listed. If you have a long conversation with another character please keep it in a separate document and link it in the main game to be considerate to mobile posters and viewers.

The top of your post should contain your character name, location and any resources relevant to you. At the bottom there should be the summary of your action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Player Characters

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Creator

A human-looking man of impossible age. He looks both young and older than time itself, with vigorous features being worn and carved by age lines and wrinkles that seem to go beyond regular aging. A weird trick of lighting is that you never seem to be able to see the man's eyes, with his sockets being completely hidden by shadows. Even sight that would normally allow one to see in the dark will see this strange phenomena unless specified otherwise. The Creator speaks into your minds directly as well as with his raspy voice. Whatever language he is speaking, it is not one that any of you recognise. He treats everyone with the same kind of vague indifference and demeaning affection. In tower his power is absolute and his only threat seems to be his deeply existential ennui.

The Tower

The tower is roughly dived into four levels. Although the design suggests a roughly circular tower design, closer examination and contemplation of the overall space and design leads to the insight that this is in fact impossible. Furthermore with no windows to the outside and those competing to be the Creator's successor never having seen the tower from the outside, it is impossible to verify the true shape and structure of it.

In the bottom level is a chamber with 2 sets of doors on opposite sides, each leading to one of the 4 worlds that the Creator has written. On one end is the set of stairs leading up to the living area, while the farthest end is a stone archway with a wall filling it. Below the floor you can hear the sounds of machinery and gears moving. On the second level are the living quarters and shared space for those chosen by the Creator. Each person has a recuperation or sleeping quarter that matches their needs. Each of these rooms connects to a shared common living space with a kitchen, dining and relaxtion space. The pantry and cold chest area seem to always contain whatever you would need, on hand, to prepare your meal or source of sustenance no matter how exotic or questionable that might be. In the dining area there is a table with enough chairs for everyone to sit around and interact, even the Creator if he ever chose to despite all signs to the contrary. At the wall on the farthest end from the sleeping quarters is a recess with the stairs up and down.

The third level is the chamber which you all first found yourselves in. It is both a combination of an antechamber and an orrery, depicting a strange system unrecognisable to any of you. Beyond that the room is mostly unadorned with a simple geometric motif decorating the floors and walls. Beyond that upstairs is the fourth level, presumably with the quarters of the Creator. However the door is closed and locked with no sign of a lock or mechanism to open it.

Star Door

The immediate surroundings on the other side of the door seem to be on some sort of a cliff. The ground around the door is covered in a hardy and feeble sort of grass, with a few shrubs or weedy flowers breaking up the groundcover. Looking out beyond the cliff you see a world split between two extremes. Below on the ground the world is burned and scorched, with only the odd struggling sign of vegetation. In the distance you can see smoke rising from chimneys inside some kind of fortress structure, with some kind of creature flying in what appear to be metal I-beams. Above in the sky you can make out floating islands in the sky with what seems to be signs of frost and cold around them. On a lower hanging island that is close enough, you can see signs of a verdant garden growing on top of the island in its middle, with signs of frost and snow around the edges. You see flying dots between some of the islands, perhaps a sign of more flying creatures. Then far, far off in the distance so far off it is almost impossible to make out you see flashes of explosions.

Flower Door

Through the door lies water as far as you can see. Below the surface there are a myriad of lights, moving and stationary that promise a bioluminescent aquatic world. On the surface of this are many great lily pads including the one the door exits on to. Atop these lily pads are strange intertwined vines and plants that create little islands of stable surface atop the water. You see signs of plants growing and moving animals living in these oases of dry land. In addition to the floating leaves, great trunks and vines pierce the water and connect into the heavens, casting shadows and enshrouding the surface of the water. A bridge from the lily pad the door exits onto leads to a great trunk, with stairs carved into it leading in a spiral around the wood into the canopy. Illuminated lanterns and chairs on the lily pad, bridge and stairs along with a small jetty and a wooden rowboat suggest signs of settlement, habitation and frequent use.

Cog Door

This door exits onto a dry looking mesa, with a world of reddish orange rock and sand extending outwards. Decorating this are numerous valleys, mesas and outcroppings that provide shade from the clear sky and merciless dull red sun. Within these shelters you can see signs of green and water, verdant refuges in the badlands nurtured by rivers and small lakes. On one mesa in the distance a striking edifice of stone and clockwork stands out, with a series of water wheels and lifts presumably bringing up water or goods from the ground. Atop this edifice rise towers of stone with bridges arcing between them, and in the center of it stands the greatest of the towers. On this tower on all faces you can see it is adorned by a great clock.

Butterfly Door

The sky is dark and overcast with white snow coating the woods around a mountain, but the mountain is somehow untouched by snow covering the landscape surrounding it. Near the foot of the mountain the signs of a a fine estate can be seen, with a dull yet warm red glow coming from the windows. Unlike the other doors this one opens on to a stone path which descends into the woods below. Metal lamp posts can be seen with an unusual design of light that looks like some kind of large fluid vial. From these lamps the same dull warm red glow that comes from the estate can be seen lighting the ground and surroundings of them.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Events and Information

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
A Beginning

Each of you came in turn, but simultaneously, to the Tower through the whims of the Void, Happenstance and The Creator. The manner of traversal was different for some, although death was a common experience among the group. In the Void you were greeted by the Creator who explained his task for you and waited for you to accept.

It was simple enough as such things go, the ancient being was an author of realities and worlds but had grown tired of this task and wished to finally fade and 'die' in the manner that a being such as himself could. But he could not do so without leaving the Tower to another, as the Tower would always bring its master back should anything befall them. To prove your worth you had to go forth into the last four worlds he had penned and you were to build, create, direct and lead. You were to create a story involving yourself and those around you. Then when it was time he would pick one of you to be his successor. As for what would then happen to you afterwards...well that was for you and the successor to decide if you were not chosen.

There was no way to return you to the world and life you had left. The manner of your exit made that impossible due to whatever factors were at play. You were welcome to choose the silent and final embrace of the Void if you truly wished, but the Creator had also chosen you because he did not think you would find such an end to your liking.

An Arrival

With this said and done, each of you found yourselves in a great circular room with a tall domed roof that sloped up from the floor. Stairs lead upwards along the wall and down below the floor to the levels above and below you, while a half wall cut the area of the room you could move in substantially leaving only an audience area in the center of the room and a connecting pathway to the stairs. Above you in the center of the room was a great and complicated orrery detailing some sort of system. At first you might have thought it to be the tower and the worlds that the Creator had penned, but something did not seem quite right about that. Examination of this artifice would reveal that it was a great deal larger and more complicated than you had first realised. The workings of the orrery continued to devices set upon and imbedded into the walls, the ceiling and even the raised floor outside of the audience area. The room was lit uniformly without a visible source, letting you freely see the bronze and brown structure and artifact and the darker shaded patterning of geometric structure across the floor and walls.

Before you floating off the ground lightly was the Creator. The old looking man who impossibly had youthful aspects to his features worn deeper than the age of the stars themselves. When he spoke his voice was but a whisper impossible to make out, yet the meaning of his words was clearly transmitted to each of you in the manner of your understanding and perception of the world.

"Greetings travelers and guests. I am sure you would like a tour of the Tower and your new home, but before then I might answer a few simple questions for you. Or you might wish to introduce yourself to your new companions and competition."

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

From a file folder very far away posted:

Name: Mick Gunn (used to be Gunnderson)
Precinct: 2nd Docks District
Previous: 5th Vice
Type:
Synthetic Humanoid [+2]
As far as Mick knows, he’s the only one of his kind. Since his awakening in the middle of nowhere, he’s spent all that time absolutely knowing two things. First, he's a cop and has always been a cop. Second, that it’s the 1920’s era of Chicago. Although he’s managed to take some damage here and there, his synthetic body is built of some alloy that is bulletproof, and yet incredibly light. He’s also managed to discover numerous tricks and gadgets built in, though his favorite is the lighter in his thumb.

Skills:
Senior Detective [+2]
The first thing Mick did was find the nearest police department and apply for a job. After the second and third departments shot him, he decided to to get declared a citizen, and then to become a cop. 50 years later, and he’s still at it. He’s turned down numerous chances for promotion in order to do what he loves best, take down the bad guys by whatever means needed.

Perfect Recall [+2]
Everything Mick has ever said or done is stored in his memory. He can recall it with perfect clarity and even project it onto a nearby flat surface with his eyes.

Abnormal AI [+2]
Mick’s brain is totally synthetic and basically an incredible super-computer. But it doesn’t act or think like one all the time. If he really pushes himself, he can learn things incredibly fast, interface with other machines, or perform incredible calculations lightning fast.

I was trying to brain my mind around the whole thing. I was supposed to dead and gone, floating face down in the harbor along with with all the other stiffs that get put out of their misery. But somehow here I was, ticker still ticking and with far fewer holes than I expected. Oh sure my metal shell could stop most things, but you bring heavy enough ordinance and it's curtains, even for me. I was pretty sure my jaw was hanging open like some yokel in from the sticks, trying to take everything in at once. It was impressive though. And gent in the middle seemed pretty sure this was all his. You can just tell with some people.

I reached into my jacket and snagged a cigarillo from my case, lighting it with my thumb. Yeah sure I didn't have lungs to inhale with, but I could still taste and for some reason the act calmed me down. As I exhaled a decent sized cloud of that good hickory smelling smoke, I made up my mind. I wasn't going to be to first to start yapping. I'll wait for the others of the group. Weird as they all might seem.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Don't you worry about where I'm from. posted:

Name: Kyleth, the Beguiling
Previous Occupations: Incarnate servant to Belagarot, the Sire of Traitors. Artificer of wondrous creations. Advisor and Vizier to those who ruled the world.

Unique:
Imbue Trinket [+2]
Can make versatile and powerful magic items by investing some of his essence in them. Can see, hear and manipulate through them, but can be harmed by their destruction.

Skills:
Charismatic [+2]
Affable, persuasive, seen as friendly, makes people comfortable to be around. Can lead expeditions or armies with an easy grace. Excellent and adaptive social skills.

Sorcery [+2]
Knowledge, comprehension and use of magic and magic-equivalent effects. Can create, communicate and harm through mortal-tier eldritch power, on par with fantasy wizards.

Incarnate [+2]
A spirit given physical form. No umbilicus, does not age. Eating, drinking, sleeping and breathing are all somewhat optional. Heals relatively quickly. Capable of feats on the high end of mortal possibility.

A kindly humanoid with a friendly, peaceable mien, his eyes aglow, took stock of himself and his surroundings as he arrived, with a grateful, magnanimous nod towards the Creator. He spake with an easy, affable tone,

"My gratitude for the opportunity. I suspect I speak for many in saying this is a significant step up from eternal oblivion. By way of introduction, I am known as Kyleth. This is not my first involvement in a creation. I prefer to collaborate with others where possible."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Rade - The Tower

Rade looked around, the lingering stillness of death at war with the feeling of power and possibility welling up inside of him. Finally, after a second of taking in his surroundings he asks, "What happened?"

quote:

Rade

The first thing the mercenary noticed as the blade pierced his abdomen was a blossom of pain in his gut, next was the taste of copper as blood started to fill his mouth. He had seen the blow coming, but there was nothing he could have done to avoid it. As the force of the blade knocked him from his feet, he realized in a strangely numb sort of way that he was going to die. Everything after that seemed to happen in slow motion, the sword being pulled free, the battle raging round him, his fall into the mud below, the moment of his demise slowly telescoping out to infinity. As he fell, he could feel the life slowly leaving him, and as he watched his life in retrospect, he could not help but feel what a waste it had all been...

His childhood had been normal enough, his parents had never been rich, but they had seen to his needs providing him a stable home and a loving family. Of course, they had been some of the only Leonin living in the village. They had fled from the homeland of his people years before he was born in the face of a foreign occupation, fearing the worst. They had died when he was a teenager, taken by plague, leaving him suddenly responsible for fending for himself. He had never been particularly talented at agriculture or the scholarly arts, and considering his lack of funds and connections there was really one option open to him, life as a common sellsword.

His career, if it could be called that, was never too distinguished. Only now, as the last embers of his life were fading did he realize how little it had all mattered. He had dutifully gone from one powerful person to another taking their coin and fighting their battles. He never made much, and his coin never amounted to anything. Always the lackey of another, never truly his own man. If he had been bolder, more talented, more powerful perhaps he could’ve struck out on his own, built something for himself rather than dying on the field of a war he had no stake in besides rich men’s coin. As the last of his strength fled, and the darkness began to encroach on his vision for the final time, he lashed out in anguish crying out into the void for a second chance, a chance to live life anew, to have a life that was truly his own this time. He knew it was pointless, that his death was but moments away, but in his last moments he for the first time tried truly to live. So it was that the darkness finally dragged him under death’s cold embrace claiming him at last…

With a terrible start he awoke, in a strange and unknown place. For a moment he wasn’t sure it was real, the blood and the mud was gone. As he felt over himself, the blow that had but instants before finished him was gone. What was happening, he had died of that he was certain, the horrible memory of it lingered. Had he been saved, was this the afterlife, for a moment those questions clawed at him, but he quickly cast them aside. In the end, the cause mattered less than the fact that his prayer had been answered, he had begged and screamed for a second chance, a chance to forge a life that was truly his own. Whatever the reason his prayer had been answered, and he would not allow such a precious gift to be wasted. As he stood, he realized he felt different, a new power bubbled up in his breast. A smile formed on his lips, with this new life and new power he would carve a place for himself whatever world this was, he was certain of it.

Character Notes:
  • Rade’s parents fled from their homeland before he was born, so he has never really known many other Leonin
  • Rade’s parents died when he was a teenager due to a plague
  • Rade was a mercenary for a number of years.
  • Rade died in battle.

Fleshshaping[+2] - Since awaking in this new world, Rade has discovered a strange new power within himself. By focusing his will, he can alter and reshape the flesh of living beings. This power could be used for good or ill, equally able to enhance a body as to deform it depending on the mercenary’s intentions. Rade’s merely rudimentary knowledge of anatomy does not seem to impede his ability to use this power.

Experienced Mercenary[+2] - Rade spent years as a mercenary. He knows his way around a blade, how to mend and maintain his equipment, how to scavenge for food in the field, all the things one might expect a sell-sword with years of experience to be able to do. Moreover, he’s fought alongside various types of troops in many types of battles and has learned much about the moment of armies and witnessed many commanders of varying levels of skill and success and their methods of leadership and has seen what works and what doesn’t.

Intuitive Leader[+2] - Whether it's from experience or natural talent or a result of his change of attitude, Rade is quickly developing real leadership chops. He can quickly assess what makes someone tick and how to press their buttons, and possess the air of authority that makes people want to follow.

Leonin[+2] - A leonine race native to Rade’s world. They tend to be more physically capable than the average human: bigger, stronger, faster, sharper senses, and Rade is no exception. Besides what can be a fearsome and intimidating appearance, Leonin also possess natural weapons in the forms of fangs and retractable claws. Of course, the higher metabolism that permits their physical advantages also means that they tend to require more calories per day than an equivalent human. His also obviously non-human appearance has tended to make him stand out, for good and for ill, in a land where few of his kind reside.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Mordin - 3rd Level, The Tower

Mordin posted:

Name: Mordin

Class: Arch-wizard(Lich)
Race: Lich
CR: 21+
Major Quality
Lichdom [+2]:
Skills
Savant [+4]:
Deception [+2]:

The room came into focus as the hurtling through the vast eternities ended abruptly. Mordin's eyes glowed crimson bright before dimming, taking in the room and assessing the creator. When considering how Mordin got here from what should have been an eternal trip, the fact he could read nothing from this character led Mordin to one conclusion. A being of godlike or god tier power. The others... well not so. Courtly manners were not unknown to Mordin, but when faced with beings of a dangerous or higher power it was best to be courteous and not anger them.

He nodded to Kyleth, and did not quite frown to the others when they made no introductions. The fake flesh of this body was easy to control after all.
With a bow to the room, Creator, & others Mordin spoke. "Greetings fellow...travellers. As the one who summoned us likely already knows. I am Mordin. A pleasure." When he turned to the Creator of this place, he bowed again and spoke his question after the others' and began:

"Thank you for saving me from an eternity of boredom and potential madness."
"If I may ask, what price or pact will you extract from us in exchange for bringing us here? Or is there some task we must perform, I can only presume you have a purpose and reason for doing so, all which will be made clear to us."

Infernal, divine, supernatural, or magical beings often had rules of their own they followed and sometimes a gift was not always a one sided affair.

Initial Impressions:
The metal man was curious. Was it a golem or a mortal being? The lich did not detect life per such as a non-construct would. But it contained a different kind of life that looked different to Mordin's life-sight.
The lion man was either a were-kin or some kind of Chimera. The confusion he showed did give Mordin the impression that travels such as this and high magic may not have been common to him.
Kyleth. Interesting. Mordin could detect magic or sorcery about him, so at least he would not be alone in the ART.

Mordin is being as benign as possible.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

I didn't have all the fancy hardware that you sometimes got in those dime store sci-fi pulps, but my eyes worked enough to realize that the tall being in purple wasn't breathing. Wasn't moving at all, it seemed. None of the twitches and tics of life. Oh sure it remembered to blink occasionally but it was off somehow. Was it another creation like me? Something else entirely? I'd find out in time.

I shifted my gaze to the cat in cat's clothing, so to speak. Was it really a lionman or some elaborate disguise? I'd already realize that the normal rules didn't apply here. It was a trained fighter, that was certainly. The way it kept its gaze moving, always waiting for the knife that would try to stick it in ribs. The way it stood, ready for any action. Fighting or running, it didn't matter. Any action. It hadn't spoken yet but I desperately hoped it didn't meow.

The slightly floating glowing guy, now that was another story entirely. I had nothing to base anything off of. He wasn't mortal, of that much I was certain. Same at first one, it was those little things that living creatures do. It did none of those.

I took at drag a blew it out my nostrils. Instead of speaking, I stuck my hands in the pockets of my trench instead, the cigarillo clenched in my teeth.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Tower, 3rd Floor

The Creator seemed to consider things momentarily, or so one might have thought. Given the cavernous nature of the shadowed eye sockets it was difficult to tell what the man was thinking at all.

"I had forgotten that the transit was so disorienting. It has been a long time since I had guests." He said into your minds before continuing. "You should remember what I said soon, but to make your current confusion easier you are in my Tower. It is a construct projected by my will into the Void. Outside of this you will be erased into the Akashic Cycles, your very existence subsumed into the fabric of reality. For most of you this is because you died, and I plucked your soul from the cycle before you disappeared. For others it is more complicated."

The ancient being did not give his audience a moment to consider this before continuing.

"As for why you are here, I plan to chose one of you to be my successor. Or more if it seems that you work best in concert, the Tower has had multiple masters at a time before and shall no doubt again in the future. You will live in this Tower which will sustain your needs and travel to the four realms that I have penned. Within them you shall explore and create your own stories and experiences. Then when it is time, I will chose the most worthy to succeed me. The rest of you may decide with the new master of the Tower what will happen to you then. Should you fall in one of my realms, you will be revived in the Tower and I shall permit no violence in my home."

"If you have decided that you instead wish for oblivion, then I shall grant that. You are my guests, not my prisoners."

Without an alternative the claim that you were guests and not prisoners might ring hollow in your ears, but the alternative did not sound appealing.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mordon thought a moment. Then asked. "Are each of the realms populated?
Also are there any additional rules for these realms or may we do as needed?"

The lich's thoughts began to turn with the possibilities. This was it. Another chance...to ascend!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Kyleth, the Beguiling - Tower, level 3

A bipedal feline, a being of artifice, and one who practically radiated fell magics. Quite the interesting assemblage, and that was just the ones to have spoken up so far. Still, the words of the Creator were themselves revealing. So, he inquired,

"You say this place is a construct projected by your will, yet you say it has had masters before you, including multiples concurrently. So, presuming you went through this same process, what did you choose to do with your peers who were not chosen?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Rade - The Tower, 3rd Floor

Rade seems surprised by all of this. "Can you tell us about the realms?" He asks, trying to figure out what his next course of action would be.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Tower, 3rd Floor

You could almost watch the physical exertion of the man trying to sift through so much memory and time to find those moments, as if they were things he had not contemplated in eons. After a few moments he seemed to find his answer. "One or two, I cannot remember which, wished to die and were granted the peace to do so. The rest chose to live out their lives in new realms made for them. Most were akin to their homes in some way. Beyond that I cannot remember, it has been so very, very long."

There was a weight to the recounting of history past that give honesty to the words spoken.

"The realms I can tell you of their seeds and the elements they were nourished in, but not much more than that. Creating every detail and minutia became too much to remember and bear, so I learned to plant seeds in various elements and let them grow. The realms will no doubt hold some aware of this tower and of myself, who may hold useful or unexpected insights for you. There will also be beings of much greater and sublime power than most of those residing in the realms. Sometimes they came to be worshipped or feared as gods and demons. Should you find yourself at odds with them you may find it difficult to operate within that realm, I would advise caution. When we descend to the lower levels I will show you the portals."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Rade nods, then waits quietly.

I'm ready to move on when other people are.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Drosai - The Tower, 3rd Floor

The insectile creature all but unfolds, picking itself up off the ground as it looks around, claws examining the stonework, antennnae tasting the air, light shining from the depths of its faceted eyes. "We do not recognize this place. We cannot feel the rest of Colony. We are alone... Unacceptable."

The Drosai seems to regard each figure in an almost appraising manner before before returning attention to the Creator. "We cannot... create... alone. Which of your worlds contains many others?"

quote:

UNIQUE THING

The Colony [+2] - The Drosai IS the Colony. It can exhibit complete and total control over every mental and physical aspect of the Colony. From simple orders or broad commands, to assuming direct control of individual Drosera, all the way up to radically mutating or physically altering the bodies of individual Drosera. Influence outside the realm of the Colony is limited to either the addition or expulsion of individuals to or from the Colony, be they Drosera or no.

SKILLS/ABILITIES

Supernatural Stonecunning [+2] - Drosera are (super)naturally gifted stonemasons and miners, seemingly compelled to build and construct immense works of stone. They are able to read rock and stone like a woodsman reads the land, know where to dig and how to strike, and how to build or carve great monuments and vast tunnels. Drosera stonework is said to have strange properties, and their fortresses are rumored to be impenetrable. Their love of enormous, vaguely unsettling stone monuments is well known.

Frightening Strength [+2] - Despite a stature slightly below that of the average human, The Drosai and all other Drosera are terrifyingly strong, more than capable of using their claws and spiked limbs to tunnel into rock or carry great loads. Drosera stonework is all carved by hand; literally.

Artisanal Metallurgy [+2] - Drosera are obligate lithovores. They can survive on dirt in dire circumstances, or plain rock if there is nothing better, but the primary foodstuff of the Drosera is metal. It is for this reason they delve deep into the earth in search of ever more elusive minerals. But they do not gnaw upon raw ore any more than man subsists on handfuls of wild berries or raw oats. The art of purification and processing ores and alloys is akin to that of cuisine. As a result, the Drosai and the Drosera have a deep understanding of metals and their properties, purification, and proper use.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 25, 2021

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mordon shrugged. "Very well. I will follow you." He made ready to go below.

not much more here really. Going to see these realms doors.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Kyleth, the Beguiling - Tower, level 3

He nodded to the ancient truth shared, in many ways a reassurance: Defeat was not a guarantor of oblivion, dependent on the whims of the fellow creators if they won. So, the paradigm shifted: Win, or ensure that those who did would permit a continued existence, and as a corollary ensure those who would not, did not win. It followed that being magnanimous in victory was an optimal strategy.

"A reasonable precedent I would be content to abide by. Very well, let us descend."

Addressing the giant insect, the incarnate one offered,

"Eusocial hive species, if I'm not mistaken. Now, I might be able to help you with that, a few tricks I picked up over a long life. I could put something together to produce and enhance drones with your form as the template, would that help?"

Happy to descend, making an outreach to the Drosai as we go.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Tower, 3rd Floor

The Creator simply nodded and gestured for the group to follow down the stairs.

You were quickly given a tour of the 2nd floor, a living and communal space. Each of you had your own room with whatever you would need to sleep, rest, recover or recharge. These rooms were also magically keyed so that only their owner could enter unless they invited another. That invitation could also be revoked if desired, forcing anyone now no longer invited to appear outside of the room. Additionally there was a kitchen and dining area which had a pantry, spice rack, cold locker and meat freezer which could produce whatever you needed to produce whatever dish you had in mind. It was not an alchemical lab however, so it would only produce items if your intent was to prepare and cook a meal.

Leading down the stairs again brought you to the second floor. Opposite to the room from the stairs you descended was a bricked up stairwell entrance, that suggested the tower continued lower or had once done so. To both sides of the room were a pair of portals, great and arcane gateways wrought with stonework and divine power. Each was marked with a symbol and through each you could gain a glimpse of the world that lay on the other side.

Star Door

The immediate surroundings on the other side of the door seem to be on some sort of a cliff. The ground around the door is covered in a hardy and feeble sort of grass, with a few shrubs or weedy flowers breaking up the groundcover. Looking out beyond the cliff you see a world split between two extremes. Below on the ground the world is burned and scorched, with only the odd struggling sign of vegetation. In the distance you can see smoke rising from chimneys inside some kind of fortress structure, with some kind of creature flying in what appear to be metal I-beams. Above in the sky you can make out floating islands in the sky with what seems to be signs of frost and cold around them. On a lower hanging island that is close enough, you can see signs of a verdant garden growing on top of the island in its middle, with signs of frost and snow around the edges. You see flying dots between some of the islands, perhaps a sign of more flying creatures. Then far, far off in the distance so far off it is almost impossible to make out you see flashes of explosions.

The Creator seemed pleased by this world as he lay his hand on it. Evidently it had grown according to his whims when he had first created its roots.

"This world was penned with the element of Wind and Air. From this I wrote in seeds of war, memory, being lost and struggling to survive. I can sense there are two main species that build civilisation in this world, great reptilian creatures of great strength and power with a variety of forms and functions. The other species is made from stone animated by magic and though their form is not weak, their true power lies in magic instead of prowess.

Flower Door

Through the next door lies water as far as you can see. Below the surface there are a myriad of lights, moving and stationary that promise a bioluminescent aquatic world. On the surface of this are many great lily pads including the one the door exits on to. Atop these lily pads are strange intertwined vines and plants that create little islands of stable surface atop the water. You see signs of plants growing and moving animals living in these oases of dry land. In addition to the floating leaves, great trunks and vines pierce the water and connect into the heavens, casting shadows and enshrouding the surface of the water. A bridge from the lily pad the door exits onto leads to a great trunk, with stairs carved into it leading in a spiral around the wood into the canopy. Illuminated lanterns and chairs on the lily pad, bridge and stairs along with a small jetty and a wooden rowboat suggest signs of settlement, habitation and frequent use.

"From Water I wrote this world but...it will be well suited to your tests at least. Some of you may find it more comfortable, I used the concepts of A Great Flowering, Light, Breath and Fear. They have taken root and grown in a manner I have seen before too many times. This world has many different species and peoples capable of building civilisation, although many chose not to or to work together with others. I had hoped this new combination would be different as well..." The Creator muttered indicating his dissatisfaction with the flower door's realm.

Cog Door

This door exits onto a dry looking mesa, with a world of reddish orange rock and sand extending outwards. Decorating this are numerous valleys, mesas and outcroppings that provide shade from the clear sky and merciless dull red sun. Within these shelters you can see signs of green and water, verdant refuges in the badlands nurtured by rivers and small lakes. On one mesa in the distance a striking edifice of stone and clockwork stands out, with a series of water wheels and lifts presumably bringing up water or goods from the ground. Atop this edifice rise towers of stone with bridges arcing between them, and in the center of it stands the greatest of the towers. On this tower on all faces you can see it is adorned by a great clock.

The Creator seemed to momentarily shudder when he placed his hand on the cog door, although once the moment passed you would have second guessed yourself as having seen the action. When he spoke his voice was calm and unperturbed.

"This world has grown vibrantly indeed. From the ink of Air, with the seeds of Religion, Mechanism, Oasis and Death this world has a number of intelligent and communicative species, along with the undead. It seems that many of them are unable to pass on, which causes a great conflict between the living and the dead. Undead arcanist, you may find this world to be a great challenge as many will be hostile to one such as you. But you might also find some interest in its conditions because of your nature."

Butterfly Door

The final door reveals a sky that is dark and overcast with white snow coating the woods around a mountain, which is somehow untouched by snow covering the landscape surrounding it. Near the foot of the mountain the signs of a a fine estate can be seen, with a dull yet warm red glow coming from the windows. Unlike the other doors this one opens on to a stone path which descends into the woods below. Metal lamp posts can be seen with an unusual design of light that looks like some kind of large fluid vial. From these lamps the same dull warm red glow that comes from the estate can be seen lighting the ground and surroundings of them.

Once again the Creator seemed pleased with the result of the final door.

"Finally this world was penned with Fire. Into this I wrote the ideas of Metamorphosis, The Hunt, Walls and Judgement. It is difficult to say how many species there are, there are many arthropods of differing forms and natures. One who is many alone-" The Creator said indicating the Drosai; "-you may find many who you feel the most kinship with. Be careful for they are not many as one like you were, they have always been alone and your differences will cast you as an outsider. Aside from these there is one other species, like myself before I was chosen by the previous Masters."

With the Tour Complete...

The Creator turned to the group again after explaining the door with the butterfly emblem.

"You need only step through a door to pass through to the other side. Any creature can see or sense the door in their world, but only you can pass through it because you bear my power. You may transport small objects or artefacts between them, but you may not bring living beings, weapons or materials through the gates otherwise. There may be ways to walk and guide others between the realms however, if your power grows or you discover a means to do so. However only those I allow to enter this Tower may step foot in it, no matter the means or path you try."

As he stated this there was a matter of fact tone to the tired voice that suggested that this was not intended as a threat. The Creator was the ultimate power and the arbiter of everything in the Tower, so as he wished it to be a peaceful neutral ground the metaphysical rules allowing travel to and from it enforced this.

"Are there any further questions before you begin?"

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mick Gunn - Going through the Cog Door

I wasn't too sure what was going on, to be honest. The fogey in front of our little group was talking without moving his lips, which was impressive enough. But I'd only heard of that sort of thing happening to those with slightly more fleshy bits than I was sporting. My metal brain case wasn't really built for that sort of thing. At least I thought. Either way, there was something about the Cog Door that called to me, somehow. Taking the still smoldering smoke from my mouth, I stabbed it out in my hand, a little trick the thugs back home found impressive, and stuffed the remainder in my pocket. It just didn't seem right to drop it on the floor and there weren't any bins that I could see.

With one final glance to the other, who I still hadn't spoken a word to, I stepped through the Cog Door and into that new world.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 26, 2021

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

While others walk through the doors, Rade instead heads upstairs, directly to his room. It is comfortably appointed, far more so than most other places he has ever lived. He tests out the bed and the various other features. Then, settling down on a chair, he closes his eyes and reaches for the power he felt bubbling up within. It had been there ever since he had woken up, and through he didn't really know why he knew exactly what it was and how to use it. This power, his power, was to shape and alter flesh by his will alone. He was walking into the unknown, and if he was going to make the most of this new life he'd need every advantage he could get. Plus, ever since he'd arrived the possibilities of what he could do, what he could be had been swimming through his head. So, in the privacy and safety of his room he focused that power on himself. He could feel his body, his muscles, his organs, his skin, his fur, everything, and he could feel how to change it, how he could improve it, and so he did. He corrected old injuries that hadn't healed back quite right, he bulked up his muscles, strengthened his organs, improved his voice and appearance, anything and everything that could give him an edge. He would venture into this new world as the very peak of what a Leonin could be, what he had once dreamed he could be, but hadn't been.

Rade's retreating to his room and using Fleshshaper[+2] on himself to try and give his own body a tuneup. Basically aiming for peak Leonin, so strong muscles, matching organs, the leonin version of movie-star good looks and matching voice, etc.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 25, 2021

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Mordin - Cogworld Door

Mordon cast 'minor glamour' and 'feign life' spells upon himself and entered the doorway to the world beyond. There would be fertile ground here, he just knew it. He turned before entering to his fellows. "Good luck, on your endeavors. I am sure we will see each other again." Then stepped through.

Entering Cogworld.
Lichdom [+2] and Deception [+2] for the spells and deception magics. He'd be no stranger to persecution and ways to mitigate that.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Drosai - The Butterfly Door

The Drosai turns luminous eyes on Kyleth. Or as near as anyone can tell, given the nature of insect eyes. "That will not be necessary. Native stock will be assessed and integrated into the Colony."

It gives a slight nod of acknowledgement to the Creator, before promptly skittering off through the Butterfly Door. The mountain called to it. It would make a fine new base from which to grow.

-----

Proceeding through the Butterfly Door, and heading toward the mountain! We will use Supernatural Stonecunning [+2] to lead us to a favorable embark location. Desirable traits: proximity to near-surface ores, proximity to a community/town/camp, defensibility.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 26, 2021

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Mordin - The Tower, 1st Floor

Result: 10 + 4 - Success

Mordin's magic shimmered like a curtain from his hands down to his feet for a moment, covering up his lifeless form with the semblance of life. Visual, tactile and olfactory senses would be fooled by this disguise. The chance of someone taking a bite from you was not as small as it could be if ghouls and other flesh-eaters were involved, but taste was a needless tax on the magic. Only a truly powerful or learned spellcaster would be able to see through Mordin's magical aura of fake life as well.

Mick & Mordin - Cog Door

Stepping through the door you immediately could feel the heat and the dry wind on your faces. There were signs of a path leading down ahead of you, and a quick cursory glance around showed similar terrain behind the portal's initial glimpse into the world. Further off behind you was another city of great masonry and machinery, although less grand than the one ahead. To the east and west you could see a river that would pass near the base of the mesa you were on that had green vegetation protected by cliffs and valleys.

Ahead on the path you could hear the sound of heavy breathing, a traveler coming up the stairs perhaps?

Drosai - Butterfly Door

Result: 6 + 2 - Minor Complication

You stepped through the door into bitter cold, quickly glancing around and confirming that you were alone. If the Drosai had not encountered snow before it was certainly going to become unpleasantly aware of it in this world before too much time passed. Based on the cold of the world, the mountain clear of snow and its magic, they realised quickly that the mountain was some form of volcano. That it was free from snow meant that it was active enough to heat its surface, although the built up tundra forest and manor house suggested it had not erupted in at least some time. There was also...something else. The Drosai could not tell why or how exactly, but the volcano had blood somehow.

As it contemplated this, a voice came from behind. When it had first stepped through the Drosai had confirmed they were alone, yet there was now a human learning against a snow covered pine on the edge of the portal's clearing. The man had a heavy coat on with a silver furred lining, although there was no hood and the human's face showed no signs of discomfort from the cold. A striking feature was the man's gold eyes that contrasted his black hair and beard, a phenotype that the Drosai had never seen before on a humanoid.

"Hmm, now what do we have here? You smell lonely, and I notice the scent of the old keeper on you as well. What's your goal here? Don't bother lying to me, I'll know." The voice of the human carried almost too well, the Drosai being able to clearly hear the slightly coarse deep voice probing its intentions. Then the realisation came that the man was not speaking a language the Drosai knew, yet it could understand him perfectly. Was the man even speaking words at all?

Rade - The Tower, 2nd Floor- Personal Room

Result: 9 + 2 - Success

Your power worked, although there was a strange feeling to having your own body re-stitch old wounds more cleanly and to having muscle and bone strengthen and grow. Soon Rade realised there was a balance, one area could be improved to a supernatural extent but at the cost of other areas. Growing muscles to huge sizes put strain on your body to support them, while a voice that could project over a roaring army needed a diaphragm and larynx that began to make Rade look like a toad. There was an improved baseline which Rade could manage without compromising much, although you quickly realised that this body would consume more energy. Your appetite would be enormous and while your endurance could push your energy to make longer gaps between eating and resting, doing so would come at a cost of needing more drastic recovery.

The process still felt vaguely odd, and it was only the supernatural power of it that suppressed the feeling of dysphoria in Rade's suddenly transformed body. It also required a minor background concentration, kind of like straightening your back. While this was simple to maintain, it meant that with the right distraction or something that prevented him from focusing Rade's body would slip back to what still felt its natural form. By the time Rade had finished experimenting and tweaking, some time had passed and the others surely had gone through the portals by then.

To clarify, Rade got the enhanced performance he wanted but if you want extremes it will need a new roll and action. Additionally Rade can push his endurance further than a normal person ever could and go without food, water and rest but your debt to your body will be much more severe if you do so. Other than that Rade now needs to eat about 1.5x as much food as the biggest and strongest Leonin would on average.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mick Gunn - On the other side of the door

I wasn't sure what I was expecting, to be honest. Everything here seemed sincere, even the strange hovering old fellow. When I stepped through, the dead man beside me, the first burst of wind and heat nearly had me take a step back. Here I was, just a simple copper, on a whole new world. I glanced over at the... wizard?

"I'm assuming you have a plan," I said to him and lit another smoke.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Kyleth, the Beguiling - Tower, level 1

Kyleth held back as the first wave chose their worlds, passing through the doors of Cog and Butterfly. The Leonin remained, having gone to his quarters, planning ahead being a sensible course of action. So, then, Star or flower? Two species, or a multitude? War, or cooperation?

Two factions at war he knew intimately, and an added racial element didn't make it more palatable. So, something new. But perhaps some information wouldn't go amiss.

Standing before the Flower door, Kyleth turned to the creator and asked, "What is it about this realm that did not live up to your hopes? What is the trope that has arisen here and too many times before?"

Thus equipped with new information or rebuffed, Kyleth passed through into the world aquatic.

Asking a final few questions then passing through the flower door. If necessary, Charismatic [+2] might be relevant to the enquiries, Kyleth is easy to talk to.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

It was amazing, better than he had imagined. His body felt better than it ever had before, and when he looked himself in the mirror, he almost couldn't believe it. It was everything he dreamed of. With this power he really could do it, he really could be someone. The possibilities were dizzying, but after a time just enjoying what could be, he turned to more practical matters. His new body, while amazing needed a lot of fuel. Luckily, he just happened to have access to a room which could generate all the ingredients he needed. Over the years he'd learned a few recipes for campaign foods: jerky, biscuits, and the like. Things that stayed edible longer, could be carried in packs, the works. The others had just walked out, but he was going to leave on this expedition prepared.

Rade's gonna prepare provisions for the trail, using knowledge gained as an Experienced Mercenary[+2] to make food that'll last without spoiling and that he can carry in a pack.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Kyleth - The Tower, 1st Floor

No roll required

"It can be difficult for an artist to properly articulate their frustration with a work. In this case, it has followed patterns I have seen too many times. A plethora of races that align along moral and value axis, deities that hyper-specialise into specific niches, monolithic conflicts based on species and culture...ennui and repetition are deadly for an immortal being." Was the response of the Creator to your question. Kyleth got the impression that he was specifically avoiding saying more, as part of your journey was to discover the worlds he had created.

Rade - The Tower, 2nd Floor

No roll required

Preparing provisions was simple, although Rade would eventually run into a matter of where to store them on his person.

You're not going to be able to take a caravan of food with you into the portals, survival is an intended aspect to each of the realms.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Now that he had enough provisions prepared to last him for a number of days, it was time to set out. Rade, made his way down and through the Flower Door.

Flower Door

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Drosai turns its attention on the strange humanoid, antennae waggling. It stands up straighter, taller, foreleg scythes grasping at the air, at nothing.

"We are here to rebuild the Colony. My Colony. We will burrow into the mountain. We will tunnel, and carve, and quarry. We will expand and grow. The Colony will grow."

The Drosai takes a curious step toward the human. Unusual means of communication were a curiosity to be pried apart later.

"You are a human, yes? Are there many humans here? Humans like work. They like precious metals. Soon we will have an abundance of both. We can trade." A pause. "Why does this mountain have blood?"

-----

Answering questions, making inquiries.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Mordin - Cogworld Door

The irony was not lost on Mordin. Two unliving but very different beings stepping onto this strange plane.

He spoke back to the question. "First, we...observe. Only then can we act. This world's undead could be mindless, without or with an unscrupulous master." He pondered a moment. "Perhaps the same could be said of the machines and those who run them here. Just try to keep an open mind, creatures governed by natural and unnatural laws might seem as if there is some morality grafted onto their mere existence. However we just arrived, so try not to judge before we know anything."

He waited for the approaching sound to get closer. "Ah, hopefully we can find out more from that which approaches.."

adopting a wait and see mode.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Kyleth, the Beguiling - Through the Flower Door

Kyleth nodded his thanks for the information, and, from beyond the threshold, commented, "Let's see if we can mix things up, then."

The subsequent arrival of the leonin intrigued him. He used his art to convey his words to the other alone,

"You look different. Form alteration? Intriguing. I might well have a few tricks up my sleeve that can augment that. Would you be amenable to cooperation, or would you prefer we went our separate ways and left each other's creative endeavours well alone?"

A bit of potential collaboration or boundary-drawing with the lion anthropomorph.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
The Drosai - Butterfly Door

The human seemed intrigued, raising a furry eyebrow at the Drosai's comments and questions. "I shall answer your questions, but first I shall offer you a warning. The insect peoples of this world are not like you. Should you meet them do not mention your colony and say I, instead of we. Also make sure that you have a title or make up one if you do not. Nobility and rank is very important to them, so make sure it is modest as to not attract suspicion."

When he answered the Drosai's questions he raised a hand to mentally check through the questions given to him. "I am human sometimes, but often not. There are many humans in this place and some of them are a little like me, although none exactly like me. They do like metals but they are not allowed very much, what they are allowed is allocated out by the Regent's servants. If you seek metal it will bring you into conflict with her."

There was a pause for your last question for a brief second. "The mountain has blood because it is alive. Such is the nature of living things."

Mick & Mordin - Cog Door

As you waited a human woman with a coat and wide brimmed hat to protect her from the sun finished walking up what seemed to be stairs. She paused and looked at the both of you, before quickly unslinging a very old fashioned rifle with a scope into her hands and pointing it at Mick.

"Alright. You don't look like a deader, but you sure as hell don't look like any livun I've ever seen before. What's your deal and why are you-" This was punctuated by her moving her should and hand slightly to gesture at Mordin. "-Just standing with 'im?"

Kyleth & Rade - Flower Door

The air beyond the door was cool and refreshing, a light breeze played on your skin and fur bringing the sounds of strange bird calls and the sounds of insect wings beating. There were several paths ahead of you; the stairs into the water if you wanted to swim, the stairs carved into the tree leading upwards and the boat docked at the jetty. Looking around the lily pad that you had arrived on did not reveal any other paths behind or to the sides, although there were signs of bridges in the canopy far above and a figure swimming in the water a distance away behind the door.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Mick Gunn - Cogworld

"Sounds like a solid plan. Tell you what, you take lead in this little dance and I'll follow for now. You at least seemt o have some idea what what's going on and..." I'd been interrupted by the woman coming up the stairs with the rifle. She was a pretty gal, to be sure, but not the kind that'd take home any prizes. Especially when she was breathing like the horse that had just won the race.

"Now settle down, sweetheart," I said to her with my teeth clenched around that little brown burning stick of taste. "We're just a couple a normal gents out doin' normal gent business, see? Ain't nobody here dead."

Not using any traits for now

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Rade looked over the man appraisingly. "What're you offering, and what do you want in return?"

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The Drosai bristles.

If the Regent restricts access to metals, then the Regent will die.

Claws gnash the air in agitation. The forelimbs eventually still and fold to cross in front of the insect’s chest, held at rest.

The stone calls to me. There is work to do, ore to seek, forges to build. I must dig, tunnel, quarry. Will the mountain oppose me? Does it move?

-----

Making further inquiries.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 28, 2021

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Mordin - Cogworld Door

Mordin inclined his head to Mick. Taking the lead for now. "Apologies, miss,..?" He said, taking the woman in. She held what looked to be a kind of musket. Firepowder users were extremely rare where Mordin was from. They weren't too dangerous to Mordin but in mass quantities could be problematic. This looked like the difference between a beginner's magic wand and an archmagi's staff.

While he didn't quite recognize the threat, he knew it for what it was.

"I am Mordin and this is my...travel companion. Mick. Please forgive his odd appearance. He's been through much in his life and does not mean you any harm. He has a will, sentience, and if he were a...'deader' I take it. He likely would have attacked upon seeing you I surmise."

Darn, Mordin hadn't thought of casting a glamor to hide the golem-constuct Mick's appearance.

"We are from far away. An isolated community for certain hidden away from this world. I apologize for our ignorance but is there somewhere safe we can talk?"

using a mixture of truth and Deception [+2]
Downplaying Mick's appearance with logic and a bit of lies. Introducing ourselves as people from either a bunker or some other isolated community but keeping it vague.
Seeing if we can go somewhere "safe" to gather info and "talk".

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 28, 2021

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Kyleth, the Beguiling - Through the Flower Door

Straight and to the point. That, Kyleth could work with. The glow-eyed humanoid wasn't exactly a man: Neither fingerprints nor hair aside from the tousled silver-white locks atop his head, all a little too idealised rather than real a form in lots of little ways. He replied,

"My goals are long term. If you win, I seek a world according to my specifications as a minimum. I'm not averse to doing other deals as we go but that's the most pressing. As for what I can do for you, that's broader in scope. I equipped those who ruled my world for centuries upon centuries, as their needs dictated. Weapons, tools to sharpen the mind and wit, devices to add ease to complex tasks, the tools of magecraft, charms to ensure the offspring were hale, hearty and healthy regardless of their parentage. Tools for communication, command and control. Magic enhanced, costs mitigated, needs met. Alternately, I can guarantee non-interference with your works, and keep distance that you may work your will with impunity as far as I am concerned."

His voice was easy on the ear, his stance neutral, controlled and relaxed, his focus clearly on the Leonin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Mick & Mordin - Cog Door

The woman frowns with clear displeasure at the situation, but decides to de-escalate for the time being. At least against the two of you. "Well, we'll see when the clock strikes 4." She said and walked over to the ledge and assumed a sniper position. Although it is far away, given the great size of the clock you can see that it is currently 3:17. The woman offered no explanation of her comment.

The Drosai - Butterfly Door

Your question was rewarded with a dry chuckle. "No lonely one, it is alive but it is a mountain still. Do not take much of the Geos, its blood, then it will be fine." The man stood up readying himself to leave. "I need to return to my quarry. Although I cannot say when, I am sure we will meet again. If you hear of the Subtle Morph before then, I would be indebted if you tell me of her." As he walked away he added. "You can call me Hunter."

If you attempt to follow Hunter you will find he seems to have disappeared without a trace. Also, Geos is pronounced like "Gee-ohs", like geese.