Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Today is Race 2 of the 2021 supercross season. It is a weird schedule with back to back races in the same stadiums with minor course changes.

This creates some interesting dynamics over the season with fatigue etc. Anyways, should be a fun year. Lots of rookies and semi rookies in both classes that are up and coming. Marvin Musquin has also returned.

You have watch live on the Peacock Tv app. The NBC sports app is never live now, always taped rebroadcoast. Also there is no nbc gold pass since it is all through the peacock app.

The peacock app sucks and if you have an amazon fire based streaming device (tv, fire stick, whatever) you have to jump through hoops to install it.

On the bright side, it is only 4.99 a month for the level required to watch all the supercross.

Oh but you cant rewind it?

Peacock definitely sucks and I have a stream going in the bieks discord channel (https://discord.gg/9EKgBnv)if you want to make your life easier. I will try to stream all the practice and all the races all season just to make it available.

There is also the Rocky Mountain ATV Supercross fantasy game (https://www.rmfantasysx.com/) where you can potentially win real prizes if you get the correct riders and lock the order early enough. There is also the existing goons group in pulpmx fantasy (https://pulpmxfantasy.com/) but I don't remember the password info for it.

Anywho, watch, play, enjoy, dirt bikes are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Feels bad leaving Tomac out but he screwed me over last round. Naturally he will do the same this round.

Ken Roczen
Eli Tomac
Justin Barcia
Marvin Musquin
Adam Cianciarulo
15th: Vince Friese

e: ugh, took zach o out and put in tomac.

builds character fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 19, 2021

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

This is what I was thinking, but its honestly up in the air with how close these times are

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

This is what I was thinking, but its honestly up in the air with how close these times are

I just don’t believe in chase sexton yet, but he does seem to be a future contender.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

After his 450 heat 1 victory, I feel safe with my selection.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

damnit

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

He got the hole shot. That’s like a moral victory, I think.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Barcia did the entire race in 1st gear

Noice

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Kenny got docked some points for ignoring the Red Cross flag. I don't remember ever seeing it out, maybe it was for Sexton?

Supercross posted:

Per AMA Rule 4.16.E.9.C, four riders in Tuesday’s Houston Supercross have been penalized for jumping on a red cross flag. The penalty for each rider is the loss of championship points and purse equal to two positions for that race, plus two additional points. Riders affected are Ken Roczen, Jason Anderson, Vince Friese and Martin Davalos.

It was fun to watch everyone eat poo poo in the sand. Makes me feel better about my sand riding abilities.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Qualifying has begun, course looks fun, I guess jlaw is on fire so look out in About 7 minutes when 250a goes out

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Deeters posted:

Kenny got docked some points for ignoring the Red Cross flag. I don't remember ever seeing it out, maybe it was for Sexton?

It was fun to watch everyone eat poo poo in the sand. Makes me feel better about my sand riding abilities.

Daniel blair was just talking about how it was like every few laps a boogie man would come out and grab someone

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

gently caress cooper Webb.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Oh I agree, I just figure I will try something crazy and see what happens

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

That 250 heat two 9th place finish lol

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

That 250 heat two 9th place finish lol

Important to be top ten!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

That was some great racing, but God damnit Deano

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
It’s... the same.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Still not picking cooper Webb. Also feels like I need to switch up my tomac/roczen order but then tomac is going to win.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Tonight, round 6, looks like the track is going to be pretty awesome. Looks like lots of jumping with a few interesting turns including the flat right 90* turn after the whoops. Also a right hand start.

Should be a good race, after previous weeks carnage.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Picking cooper Webb? What kind of monster are you?

Feels bad.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I like how this track feels, lots of interesting racing lines

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
loving cooper webb.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Ken is killing me god drat

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Ken is killing me god drat

loving cooper Webb. :argh:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Dear cooper Webb, still f u.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

When sexton just took out webb I cheered and Kate yelled at me "why do hate him so much??" well, because gently caress cooper webb

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

When sexton just took out webb I cheered and Kate yelled at me "why do hate him so much??" well, because gently caress cooper webb

Forever and ever, amen.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Kate is killing us, especially me, right now, jfc, I am down over 100 points???

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

500excf type r posted:

Kate is killing us, especially me, right now, jfc, I am down over 100 points???

Probably helps a lot if you don’t refuse to pick Webb for first.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Oops

https://i.imgur.com/way60qO.mp4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm the dude who roosts him while hes down

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Lol hello tv replay phone gif friend

https://i.imgur.com/3RstXzH.gifv

Also watching cooper webb hit barcia and eat poo poo was completely worth all the points I lost from it