Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The past two episodes have been fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

If you aren't already, please give these people 5 bucks a month.

Cause, gently caress man

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jeremor posted:

If you aren't already, please give these people 5 bucks a month.

Cause, gently caress man

Talking Dad alone is worth it. Other podcasts I listen to have the same $5/month access to the Podcasters discussing the previous episode, but Talking Dad gives a lot of clarity into chaotic episodes while also being funnier than episodes themselves. If you like the pre-episode dad fact banter, it's basically a 45 minute episode of that. :discourse:

torn grimoire
Mar 21, 2021

something is clearly WRONG
in one of the episodes of "talking dads" where freddie wong was talking about his experiences as a professional guitar hero player, he mentions that he first found out about guitar hero from these very forums. wild

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

torn grimoire posted:

in one of the episodes of "talking dads" where freddie wong was talking about his experiences as a professional guitar hero player, he mentions that he first found out about guitar hero from these very forums. wild

They made a Stairs reference in one episode.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m two episodes in and I love this. Thanks to the op for making it sound as good as it is :)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the thread title should specify that it is sometimes a bdsm podcast

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I'd like to stay off the mods' radar as much as possible tyvm

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Congrats thread, you persuaded me to subscribe to their Patreon.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Plan Z posted:

They made a Stairs reference in one episode.

I'm still waiting on Glenn to do or say something Zybourne Clock-inspired. It's still wild to me that Freddie paid real money for the Johnny Fiveaces picture.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

AuroMarshmallow posted:

I'm still waiting on Glenn to do or say something Zybourne Clock-inspired. It's still wild to me that Freddie paid real money for the Johnny Fiveaces picture.

Their other podcast is Story Break, where they try to come up with movie stories based on various things.

There is an entire Zybourne Clock episode.

As for D&Dads, really loved the recent run of episodes, everyone was particularly on fire playing each other in this one. I do hope they'll get back to the main quest pretty soon though, Glenn's arc has really spun off in some funny directions but... look, I just want them to get around to loving Willy up real good. REAL GOOD.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If you become a patron can you download patreon episodes in a podcast app or do you have to listen through patreon?

I might have to sign up once I hit episode 8.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snowy posted:

If you become a patron can you download patreon episodes in a podcast app or do you have to listen through patreon?

I might have to sign up once I hit episode 8.

like (i think) most podcasts with patreons, there's a special rss feed you get when you join that had the bonus content + the ad-free base eps

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

eke out posted:

like (i think) most podcasts with patreons, there's a special rss feed you get when you join that had the bonus content + the ad-free base eps

Cool thanks, I’m gonna have to go for it. Three episodes in and I’m a fan.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This podcast keeps slapping me in the face with how I already knew about the people involved without realizing who they are. It took until episode 55 for me to realize that Ashly is Ash the voice actress, and from that realizing I already knew who Anthony Burch was because I watched all of Hey Ash Whatcha Playing years ago

How many more episodes do I have to listen to before I found out I already knew who Beth was because of a completely different popular YouTube channel from 2013

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

thecluckmeme posted:

I found out I already knew who Beth was because of a completely different popular YouTube channel from 2013

What’s the YouTube channel? She’s great. The only one of them I’ve heard of is Freddy and that’s only because of the Johnny Five Aces art.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Snowy posted:

What’s the YouTube channel? She’s great. The only one of them I’ve heard of is Freddy and that’s only because of the Johnny Five Aces art.

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question about finding out Beth was already internet famous before, not me saying I know a YouTube channel.

...but then I started looking into where I have seen some of the cast before, and apparently she IS in Hey Ash Whatcha Playing according to their website. I'm going to have to rewatch some of those videos, and I hope they hold up over the years. :ohdear:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

thecluckmeme posted:

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question about finding out Beth was already internet famous before, not me saying I know a YouTube channel.

Oh duh ok thanks, I better get back to catching up on episodes so this thread makes sense.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

thecluckmeme posted:

...but then I started looking into where I have seen some of the cast before, and apparently she IS in Hey Ash Whatcha Playing according to their website. I'm going to have to rewatch some of those videos, and I hope they hold up over the years. :ohdear:

Beth May plays Princess Peach in the HAWP Super Mario Odyssey Movie Trailer video they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TqWgzQsik

torn grimoire
Mar 21, 2021

something is clearly WRONG

Zutaten posted:

Beth May plays Princess Peach in the HAWP Super Mario Odyssey Movie Trailer video they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TqWgzQsik

um excuse you, she also plays DK

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm finally caught up on the podcast and oh my god it's so good, Anthony is an absolute genius with the things he does to keep the podcast fresh (tbf some of the ideas are born in talking dad, but he does an amazing job of making the "haha wouldn't it be funny if" actually work).

Freddie and Jimmy's sibling rivalry spilling over (playfully) into their characters' relationship is amazing to listen to, and the body swap only made it more incredible. I also loved the choice in the Books Castle arc of having the stakes be "if you run out of HP i'm going to make you learn how to play real d&d" and beth having ron hide in a corner so that she wouldn't have to do it

I also agree that there's no way that the initial round of body swaps was randomly chosen; glenn & jodie was too perfect to not be a handpicked choice, and I get the sense that he gave Darryl to Beth because she is vocally on the record about not really enjoying the actual "game" of d&d and probably would not have had much fun playing as a caster class who has to keep track of spells and stuff. Although I guess she has to now, so we'll see how that goes

Also, Anthony's Elizabeth Warren impression kind of sounds like george w bush

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also agree that there's no way that the initial round of body swaps was randomly chosen; glenn & jodie was too perfect to not be a handpicked choice, and I get the sense that he gave Darryl to Beth because she is vocally on the record about not really enjoying the actual "game" of d&d and probably would not have had much fun playing as a caster class who has to keep track of spells and stuff. Although I guess she has to now, so we'll see how that goes

I don't think Beth is going to care about the spells, so much as the ability to destroy everything if she thinks the wrong thing. It's going to be the Sta-Puft marshmallow man all over again.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I like how a DM threatening to enact the rules of the game that they're playing is used as an improv prompt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What are some must listen to Talking Dad episodes? I mean I'm sure they're all solid but are there any ones that are especially fun to start with?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

What are some must listen to Talking Dad episodes? I mean I'm sure they're all solid but are there any ones that are especially fun to start with?

I've been listening since Jimmy was on the podcast and they've all been amazing. Beth gets to send off each episode and it's always great.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New episode up!

If you think about it, nearly every character in this is an alien, including two of the main cast that we know of.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Congratulations to forums user and author qntm for their podcast cameo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Thanks to this thread I’m now on episode 14 and a patron. The only thing that’s been bugging me is the over the top laughter an unnamed couple of them keep doing whenever something is even slightly funny.

if anyone from the show reads this please don’t feel bad I love your show and already got several other people to listen I swear

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it took me a while to stop hearing griffin mcelroy every time freddie laughed, but i'm past it now

TNABuffalo
Apr 4, 2011

It can be infectious though

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just got to the bdsm podcast episode and I got to experience the same frustration as the dm listening to his players completely gently caress up the softball gimme that was just there to get them some free equipment

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And two episodes later, I suddenly actually care about these characters

Well, not all of them, obviously, just Ron

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

flavor.flv posted:

Well, not all of them, obviously, just Ron

Yeah that was pretty fantastic.

I just made it past episode 15, it’s time for At the Mountains of Dadness and I am super excited about it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Catching up on the show and I've just listened to last week's Talking Dad; Beth's rendition of the moth joke was ok but if you haven't heard norm mcdonald do it, you simply must https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJN9mBRX3uo

I feel a deep kinship with whichever one of the daddies it was who immediately said "moth joke?" when she mentioned norm mcdonald, that is my key association with him as well

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Heads up to the ad-free crew: I don't know if it was included in your version of today's episode, but episode 58 starts off with a podcast recommendation ad that has an all-timer Beth bit in it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
This is consistently one of the best podcasts almost every episode is A+

Brazilian me daddy

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Heads up to the ad-free crew: I don't know if it was included in your version of today's episode, but episode 58 starts off with a podcast recommendation ad that has an all-timer Beth bit in it.

I subscribe to the patreon for Talking Dads, the ad-free versions of the episodes are a nuisance I need to mark as listened. The ads are constantly hilarious just like anything else.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Snowy posted:

Yeah that was pretty fantastic.

I just made it past episode 15, it’s time for At the Mountains of Dadness and I am super excited about it.

There were moments in that campaign that got me to actually squirm in my seat.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Next episode is recorded in the same room with one another:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYv1QxBn9I/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

You can absolutely hear a difference in the energy. Great episode.