Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
I'm interested in some well priced minis that are more competitively priced than GW but are more exciting to paint than spoons, anyone know a good source of Warhammer analogues that ship to me in plastic form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Eediot Jedi posted:

The plastic caveat means this isn't the greatest thread to ask in.

Resin is fine too.

What ive seen so far is cooler than I expected, but also more expensive.

Another guy asked a similar question In this or a similar thread and someone linked a neat squad of 30 bugs for $20, or maybe it was 20 for 30, but I couldn't find the sequence of posts.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Do you have a specific army you are interested in? WH40k proxies? WHFB, AoS? Are you playing games? If you are going to be playing I really recommend One Page Rules. Their rules and army books are free and they also have free paper proxy print offs for their armies as well so you can play around and see if it is for you.

If you are looking for more display style pieces there are a lot of interesting options. Help us narrow down what you are looking for and we can provide some good options I bet!

Guard tanks and soldiers (cadian style but I'm not that picky) greater chaos daemons & primarchs, Tau & some gunpla stuff, dragons.

One page rules sets look dope.

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 21, 2024

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Kylaer posted:

Strolling through...Inwit, I guess.

What sort of model holder/armed pedestal is that?

Just saw this hell yeah
https://youtu.be/-istquWjZ8M?si=JXTdcT42OcCfBKl9

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 9, 2024

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Deviant posted:

I am also considering this, though I was able to get my Mono X to keep on chugging a bit longer. I still don't know what to buy as a 2024 upgrade. M5S?

Also considering an investment and can't decide if the blue chip printers (phrozen mega 15" build plate/uniformation gktwo/hey gears thing) offer enough convenience to justify the price.
I'm probably overestimating the difficulty of the process but it's easy to fall into the trap of comparing it to the cost of phantom models I probably wouldn't buy anyways.