Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Draw some butts and stuff here and post it: https://majoroutput.com

You can link images directly from the site. Nothing is stored on the site. Instead, the web address assembles the image.
Update: Sometimes the forums don't like the direct link, and display it as plain text instead of the image. In that case, upload it to Imgur or some other image sharing site.

Click on the share button then the direct image link button.

Use x9 to get an avatar-size image!

The size is specified after the @ symbol on the image address, and supports up to x19.

Sample color:
You can right click a color you painted on the canvas to switch to that color!

xBRZ:
If you want to cartoon-ify your image, you can paste the address of it (coming from MajorOutput) in this form, and hit submit:
https://www.majoroutput.com/xbr-wasm/makeXBR.php

Example using images made by Harold Krell -

Before: After:

Animated GIFs!

MajorOutput now allows you to create animated GIFs.

On the bar up top, click Animate:

Whatever you were drawing should transfer as a frame to the animation. You can click back on the draw button to edit any frame. Careful of the clear button. It will confirm before doing so, but it will remove all the frames and any pixel art you drew. Apologies in advance if you lose your work. Please let me know if there are any issues of losing your stuff without clearing or deleting frames.

You can change the duration of every frame. This icon here is the category. There is turtle (slow) and bunny (fast).

Click the delay time to toggle through four presets for the speed category:

These are the shift frame buttons. For now I just have these buttons to push a frame back and forth along the timeline.

You can use the arrow keys to move between frames instead of clicking, and the spacebar will play/pause your animation.

Click the "export to gif" button to export your animated masterpiece.

A window will come up. Contrary to the still pngs, gifs aren't stored on the website; only generated. So you'll need to save your GIF locally and upload it to an image sharing service like imgur.

Also meet this sly-eyed robot; a thing I drew

Everything was Flash and old and didn't work anymore, so with the little spare time I have I remade the image editor. Hopefully I'll be able to make a place to view the older stuff soon.

Here's a big-o-block of awesome from 2008:

I still can't believe what people were able to make in a 20x20 pixel canvas with a 40 color palette. Waking up to see what people made every morning was like Christmas to me.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

selan dyin fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 4, 2021

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

C'mon times that 19 with @19 on the image name.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
This is fun. These are pyramids.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's a SpaceX landing.

My god... It is a beauty!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

bigperm posted:

This is fun. These are pyramids.

Very nice.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Edit: good job OP.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

kibby :3:

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
:lol: 13 years later, I'm still using this as my Twitch avatar. Thank you for that.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

ah fudge

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Hmm I don't know why it doesn't let it display here. But the address by itself works, so I was able to open it. Here it is:

Stryder posted:

:lol: 13 years later, I'm still using this as my Twitch avatar. Thank you for that.

No, thank you. That is amazing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hm, he's blurry big.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Fill the streets

Grill the meats

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

tried to make something like a lovely windows 3.1 icon

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Smoking Mario

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Good Sphere posted:

Draw some butts

Fine!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Don't bother using Imgur, people. Just link directly from the site. Unless of course you are having problems posting the image. Let me know if you are. Seems to be something VBulletin doesn't like or something customized into the site.

Linux Pirate posted:

Edit: good job OP.

What is that? Jason?

That is a fine pimple'd butt you've got there.

These are all spectacular. Keep it up.

Normal?
Oct 9, 2004
I made pizzas on the floor!
In honor of the lol thread:

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Normal? posted:

In honor of the lol thread:

Props for including the Big Mac fumes, nice touch!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Beautiful.

So 3D!

This is my underwater scene I recreated after I closed my window by accident. Came out pretty similar.

e: Forums are not letting me post the image code again, so I uploaded it to imgur. :(

editor: https://majoroutput.com/index.html?...d6aRsKnHR9QzoHI

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 4, 2021

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's supposed to be the Vault guy. Pixelling is hard!

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Hatsune Mike fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 4, 2021

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Bronze Fonz posted:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

bEeP bOoP i Am Mr WEEDBOT your NEW robo BUTLER. I have PACKED YOU a BOwl.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Bronze Fonz posted:

Styled using Megaman as a framework?

I like the human face on this one.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Good Sphere posted:

Styled using Megaman as a framework?

I was aiming for this but didn't have enough pixels:

It was the pixels' fault!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Bronze Fonz posted:

I was aiming for this but didn't have enough pixels:

It was the pixels' fault!

Yes it is; I see now. A friend is encouraging me to expand it to 32x32 with 256 colors, because I’d still be able to compress it into a web address of similar size.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Heresy grows from idleness

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

PinheadSlim posted:

Heresy grows from idleness

I love it.

Years ago I saw some examples of filters done to pixel images to make them appear rounded and cartoonish. I think it was research by Microsoft. It might be cool to be able to choose an image filter. I could store it as one character in the image address.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Good Sphere posted:

Yes it is; I see now. A friend is encouraging me to expand it to 32x32 with 256 colors, because I’d still be able to compress it into a web address of similar size.

It's not a big deal, actually it makes it all the more impressive what some can do with those limitations. Would definitely take 32x32/256 though.

Q Navigator?

Good Sphere posted:

I love it.

Years ago I saw some examples of filters done to pixel images to make them appear rounded and cartoonish. I think it was research by Microsoft. It might be cool to be able to choose an image filter. I could store it as one character in the image address.

Such filters are pretty common, particularly in emulators. I'm very fond of 4xBRZ:

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 4, 2021

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Good Sphere posted:

What is that? Jason?

My drunken pixelated rendition of house 'd Grover.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
No, Frylock, The Highlander was a documentary, and events happened in real time.

Extra Large Marge fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 4, 2021

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Bronze Fonz posted:

It's not a big deal, actually it makes it all the more impressive what some can do with those limitations. Would definitely take 32x32/256 though.

Q Navigator?

Yeah I'm fine with the limitations too, and impressed what people can make with that.

Nice retro browser icon there.

Bronze Fonz posted:

Such filters are pretty common, particularly in emulators. I'm very fond of 4xBRZ:

Thank you, yeah I'm looking for something like that. I can't find a php implementation, but I'm sure I can find docs on how to get the effect.

Linux Pirate posted:

My drunken pixelated rendition of house 'd Grover.

Still don't know what that is. A quick Google search does not give me any obvious results.

e: Found the source, but I will have to contact the author, as the license conditions look like they go against what I would like to use it for.

Good Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Bronze Fonz posted:

Props for including the Big Mac fumes, nice touch!

:pisstape: