Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Abraham LinkedIn

Swing and a hit, TravNation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Travis trying to hit home runs with his attempts at comedy reminds me of when Lone Starr holds Dark Helmet at arms distance.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

grittyreboot posted:

Somebody call the embassy please. I was on a layover in Trav Nation and I've been arrested without charges. They gave me a lawyer, but all he does is tell me I'm valid.

have you played among us lately. maybe you were playing it wrong

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I tried to go to Trav Nation but unfortunately I was held up by a series of live show announcements that lasted so long I missed the flight.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

jeeves posted:

Imagine having Travis not only as your brother but also having your business depend on his constant inclusion and participation.

I wouldn’t wish such a curse on my worst enemy.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

grittyreboot posted:

Hi we're a new podcast! Can you hear how loud we're laughing? This is gonna be fun!!!!

"Welcome to my podcast where I talk about anything I think is interesting!" is my conceptual kiss of death.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

"Welcome to my podcast where I talk about anything I think is interesting!" is my conceptual kiss of death.

I have anxiety problems so I like to listen to dumb comedy podcasts to calm myself down. There's this one podcast about the Big Issues that kept showing where the host lists off pretty much everything about the world that exasperates my anxiousness. Thanks, Acast, really well targeted.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

My favorite was during the height of covid when you'd want to just escape the world for a bit but every single dynamic ad (so even old podcasts weren't safe!!) on every podcast was "In these uncertain times," bullshit

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Sankis posted:

My favorite was during the height of covid when you'd want to just escape the world for a bit but every single dynamic ad (so even old podcasts weren't safe!!) on every podcast was "In these uncertain times," bullshit

Don't relisten to any Doughboys/Your Kickstarter Sucks eps from the first half of 2020, they all had a case of the bad brains (not that I blame them)

change my name fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 23, 2024

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

They legalized sports betting on my state last year, so literally all the ads I get nowadays are for gambling apps

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The F Plus and Extra Credit podcasts are virtually ad-free (Every so often they do ads for themselves).

They do read terrible things though. For example, The F Plus has entire episodes devoted to bad recipes. And the last Extra Credit featured readings of Something Awful anime reviews.

The podcasts are at https://thefmin.us/ and https://thefpl.us/

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

grittyreboot posted:

I have anxiety problems so I like to listen to dumb comedy podcasts to calm myself down. There's this one podcast about the Big Issues that kept showing where the host lists off pretty much everything about the world that exasperates my anxiousness. Thanks, Acast, really well targeted.

Thus was me for The Dollop. I loved it until Dave kept doing runs of doomer episodes, and it just got me to stop listening because I wasn't in the mood for another hour of hideously depressing information.

Same for Covid era episodes as well. It didn't help that lots of casts switched to Zoom, which resulted in people screaming into their lovely laptop mics with bonus audio delay.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I briefly got into the Dollop, and really enjoyed it, but that’s right around the time I started on it and had to tap out quickly. I can take some darkness but oof were some of those stories rough.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The best episodes of the Dollop are just the ones where people are doing dumb or weird poo poo, like Jetpack Madness. 80% of the fun is Gareth getting increasingly incredulous.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

change my name posted:

Don't relisten to any Doughboys/Your Kickstarter Sucks eps from the first half of 2020, they all had a case of the bad brains (not that I blame them)

I like the TWIOAT fellas but being Kiwis meant they spent like 3 years toggling back and forth between "oh man it's so nice to be free from my house and allowed to see another human face again" and "well Guy-o, we're back in lockdown, which is... *sigh*... really a great thing, it's for everyone's safety really" like a dozen times.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Anyone interested in going to the Chicago MBMBaM show tomorrow? I have an extra ticket.
https://www.jamusa.com/events/detail/mcelroys-my-brother-my-brother-and-me-533248

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My wife and I like to go back and listen to the Action Park episode of the Dollop occasionally. Also Hugh Glass. “Cuuuunnnnnts!!”

The McElroy Family Clubhouse was good today.

https://www.youtube.com/live/mS3nlAIHE3w

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how am i, a person who hasn't posted here in months, the first to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Cc5JPVx0o

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

how am i, a person who hasn't posted here in months, the first to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Cc5JPVx0o

that episode was aired in its entirety as part of the mcelroy family clubhouse stream. so technically you were the second to post it

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Dollop is one of those podcasts that is not best enjoyed by subscribing. Instead you’ll wanna check it out every couple months at most and catch up on the episodes that don’t sound depressing.

This one’s my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xkpehPyYcc

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Iraq War episode of The Dollop is an all timer imo. That’ll cheer anyone up. The covid episodes of Uhh Yeah Dude were fantastic. They just redid news stories from the previous 15 years instead of focussing on how rear end the current year was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would Three Bean Salad be considered dudes chatting adjacent on par with MBMBaM? I think it's on the same network.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Three Bean Salad is independent and not part of Maximum Fun, but it is very very good and funny.

It also includes Benjamin Partridge of Maximum Fun podcast the Beef and Dairy Network, whose latest episode was an all time great.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Three Bean Salad is independent and not part of Maximum Fun, but it is very very good and funny.

It also includes Benjamin Partridge of Maximum Fun podcast the Beef and Dairy Network, whose latest episode was an all time great.

When I saw the title of it I thought "I wonder who will be voicing Ted Danson" and then somehow it was him. Amazing stuff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't get the grain bank website to load for me, but I assume that means there's a symbol or a capitalization that I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCM6zgjinvA

The brightest morons, shining