Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

more falafel please posted:

I think so, it was also during the time when everyone in LA had a podcast that was just talking to someone else in LA about their new podcast

I remember that era well. Also the era of there being so much money sloshing around that people were making podcasts they didn't REALLY want to make. Like, the James Bonding podcast has been putting all it's episodes out again on the feed and the first "season" they joke about massive long gaps between episodes and the second "season" they're contracted by Earwolf to do an episode a week and neither of the hosts really have time to do it. There's pretty much no editing, they'll go to the bathroom and the other host will just keep talking until they get back, one episode one of them just makes a Nespresso on mic. Contractually obligated podcasting. Just the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are you kidding? That sounds amazing.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Warbird posted:

Hell yeah, Walther PPKs are a highlight of James Bonding (I know it sucks for the podcasters but they do their best with it)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Ivypls posted:

griffin is the only brother still resisting clint-ification
Well, Travis is resisting. Not succeeding, but resisting.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I would listen to Matt Gourley read a list of usernames. heck, I have. many times.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Empty Sandwich posted:

I would listen to Matt Gourley read a list of usernames. heck, I have. many times.

Yeah SuperEgo was good.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Warbird posted:

Empty Sandwich posted:

I love Gourley, he is an absolute delight, him and Maurice LaMarche having a conversation as Ian Fleming and Orson Welles is one of the greatest things that podcasting has ever given us, never mind Gourley's impression of Irvin Kershner. I just thought it was poo poo that the podcast went from something they clearly enjoyed and wanted to do and got done when they had time, to a chore.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I mean most of us here listen to a podcast about a movie that we have never seen done by a bunch of idiots that don’t really want to do it but kind of have to so it’s not too far out of pocket.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Fil5000 posted:

I just thought it was poo poo that the podcast went from something they clearly enjoyed and wanted to do and got done when they had time, to a chore.

ah, gotcha. I can't imagine what SuperEgo would look like on a schedule

SpacePig posted:

Yeah SuperEgo was good.

my favorite podcast of all time. they still do live shows... they did a Forgotten Classics last year (Ulysses) and a murder mystery with Wild Horses

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Superego was great, I continue to be sad that they don't make it any more but I was lucky enough to see it live at the London podcast festival in like... 2018? The one where Kumail Nanjiani, Tawny Newsome and Rob Delaney guested anyway.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
SuperEgo’s guest appearance on Magic Tavern as two thieves and a pirate is probably still the best episode of that series.

Anyhow please tell me more about failed Travis projects, it feeds me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Warbird posted:

I mean most of us here listen to a podcast about a movie that we have never seen done by a bunch of idiots that don’t really want to do it but kind of have to so it’s not too far out of pocket.

technically after the year where it was a commentary track probably a few of us have watched it

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

Yeah same, I wasn't even interested in Conan O'Brien's podcast until I heard that Gourley was on it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: Travis makes a little name mistake in the back half of this week's episode, horrifies his brothers

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: Travis makes a little name mistake in the back half of this week's episode, horrifies his brothers

Cover your tracks, TRAVIS,

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It’s an all time great moment.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Travis gonna be responsible for Nintendo C&Ding this stardew Pokémon mod

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Duality of Justin's Rolls

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

On a long road trip I finally got around to TAZ v Dracula and :allears:

First time really enjoying a series this much since Balance.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kazy posted:

On a long road trip I finally got around to TAZ v Dracula and :allears:

First time really enjoying a series this much since Balance.

Cannot wait for the music from this season to hit bandcamp.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I refuse to believe Travis is good at the fishing mini game in Stardew Valley. I don't think anyone is

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

it just occurred to me why the wish for Fungalore goodbye segment is good. it's basically just final yahoo

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

grittyreboot posted:

I refuse to believe Travis is good at the fishing mini game in Stardew Valley. I don't think anyone is

I'm good at it, and find it very enjoyable. There are dozens of us. Dozens!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I am OK at it, it gets easier if you keep at it since as your skill goes up, the bar gets bigger (and you can get accessories for the fishing rod that slow fish down when the bar isn't over them, etc.)

the super fast fish that zip around all over are still a huge pain in the rear end though

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I enjoy the stardew fishing game and never understood the trouble people have with it. it's so easy

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

alright travis

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Tsk tsk, typical Travis trying to cheat by casting two leveled spells in one turn

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Been relistening to Balance from the beginning and Travis blatantly cheating, and everyone making it clear that they know drat well that he's blatantly cheating, is very funny.

(Though my recollection is that when they finally talk about it openly, the punchline that Justin had also been fudging his rolls made it all the funnier.)

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Imagine having Travis not only as your brother but also having your business depend on his constant inclusion and participation.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i was wondering recently when the thread will be back to "actually Griffin and the other one secretly hate Travis and wish he was gone" part of the cycle

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Travis is actually an actor they hired to play their middle brother. In reality their real brother is a shy, anxious, introvert who dislikes the spotlight. Miggy Mackeral is actually a reference to this

edit: Clint hates fake brother Travis and if you pay attention they never actually interact on air

Sankis fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 13, 2024

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

goblin week posted:

i was wondering recently when the thread will be back to "actually Griffin and the other one secretly hate Travis and wish he was gone" part of the cycle

Imagine participating in a McElroy Brothers thread and not even knowing Jonathan's name.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never forget gillup's sacrifice

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I thought that musical guy was their brother? Lin Manuel McElroy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

No no, that was the other one. The one that everyone got at mad at for really stupid reasons but then they found some racist tweets from about a decade ago so they cut ties.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Nick?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Who?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Sounds familiar.
But not too familiar.

But not too not familar.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Honestly the McElroy Cinematic Universe peaked with Bean Dad and Unfortunately Straight Travis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Mad About Video Gaming With Friends Travis was pretty funny