Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Woof a ~10:15pm start time is brutal

You see, Iowa State is in the Big 12 with Arizona, so you gotta have a PST starting time for the game, it's all very logical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

You see, Iowa State is in the Big 12 with Arizona, so you gotta have a PST starting time for the game, it's all very logical.

Hmm yes and Tennessee and Creighton two west coast teams, playing in noted west coast city Detroit. Silly me!

I’ll still watch obviously but I’ll be sleepy :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
chalky results are kind of annoying, but honestly every game in the next round looks like it'll be fun as hell. at least until Purdue loses at which point no remaining games are fun at all ever

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It'd be cool if SDSU won

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Poque posted:

chalky results are kind of annoying, but honestly every game in the next round looks like it'll be fun as hell. at least until Purdue loses at which point no remaining games are fun at all ever

Hold on, I have it in my notes that Purdue losing is the funniest possible outcome, what does yours say?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

OPAONI posted:

Hold on, I have it in my notes that Purdue losing is the funniest possible outcome, what does yours say?

it just says "Bird Internet"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

a neat cape posted:

It'd be cool if alabama won

gotta agree with this great post

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Peanut President posted:

gotta agree with this great post

abandoning your aces so soon?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Probably Magic posted:

Still alive in the CBI or CIT or whichever pay to enter tournament they're in!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I've come to the revelation this post-season that I hate men's college basketball and have sworn to stop watching until at least midnight madness.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i always like the first week of dis poo poo most, its fun having sports on mid-weekday

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SHARTING BEAR posted:

WVU actually has a really good NIL situation.

The school's financial problems are primarily due to incompetence (E. Gordon Gee is a loving idiot).

I have never spent a single second of my life caring about NIL. How on earth does WVU fandom have any money to give players???

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

the government gives the coal executives boatloads of free money for being coal executives

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/RoushKSR/status/1772388629974786216?t=vG05sCXx67_ilhQaMIJWqQ&s=19

Cal and the AD will meet tomorrow. If I had to guess at this point, it really seems like he stays. This is based on nothing, I just don't think Barnhart will make a move unless he had a solid backup in place already, and there just hasn't been time for that. Sounds like changes may be required to keep him on. Whether Cal actually changes things, including some staff that apparently get paid to do nothing, is yet to be seen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Matt Jones said if he was gone he'd have been gone Sunday.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Probably Magic posted:

The start times have not been silly this tournament. Arizona at 9:45 AM the other day is about as nonsensical as this.

I wonder if Arizona is still gonna have 9:00 PM regular season starts now. That was a TV network driven thing so probably.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Probably Magic posted:

i root for both and since the aces aren't in the big tourney....

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

I have never spent a single second of my life caring about NIL. How on earth does WVU fandom have any money to give players???

Rich donors like this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Kendrick

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
I hope Gonzaga gets their win against Purdue after losing at the Maui Invitational. They're playing Good Ball so hopefully they keep it going.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1772657574925553997

what a completely morally bankrupt program.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/1772675486612635740?t=VMbfYbrG0FSVHbaG4hYdHA&s=19

:lol:

But also,

:lmao:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UK has the opportunity to do something very funny here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
they are gonna hire this nepo loser instead of halloway? lucky for SHU.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1772767173091459240?t=pBGUbpjDEq459Nl75L47vw&s=19

Well, there it is. I don't think Barnhart wanted to be the guy that fired a hall of fame coach.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What're the cayuts gonna have to do next year to have him around in 25-26?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Elite Eight at minimum, I imagine.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Weren't they disallowed to bench him or something due to threat of a lawsuit?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kibner posted:

They couldn't suspend him. They don't have to play him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Has there ever been a UK coach that their fans didn't try to run off since like, Rupp

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kibner posted:

The university suspended him, then Shannon filed a lawsuit and got a preliminary injunction from a federal judge against the suspension. The team immediately gave him starting minutes again.

I believe the next hearing is in mid May.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
thanks, y'all!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

kiimo posted:

Has there ever been a UK coach that their fans didn't try to run off since like, Rupp

Pitino. But premature finishes are kinda his thing though.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia may be the worst team in the NIT tournament and somehow no one can stop them.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Pitino. But premature finishes are kinda his thing though.

:captainpop:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Louisville had Pitino and Petrino at the same time and that's too close a name

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i would not have been mad if uk decided they needed to move on from cal. i think the absolute cost, the absence of a no-doubt type of hire, the likelihood that he could land anywhere else (even louisville) and be successful, and potentially some guys coming back that wouldn't with another coach was enough to justify keeping him here.

i do think calipari wants to retire at uk and leave behind a legacy as one of the modern greats among greats at one of the great schools. im optimistic that in whatever meetings it was crystal clear that it will ultimately be kentucky, not john calipari, that will decide if he retires at kentucky and results in the last four years won't allow him to do that, need to improve, and i sure as poo poo hope they do!

a sweet 16 with a likable team i think is enough to turn the temperature down enough he doesn't need to worry about it, but internally i bet the expectation, spoken or unspoken, is more than that. the more rabid subset of the fanbase will almost certainly be more vocal about it all season long, because of or in spite of results.

if they lose in the first or second round next year oh my god it will be bad. people will fight

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Georgia may be the worst team in the NIT tournament and somehow no one can stop them.

it just means more

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1773040911884140836

give back cam then, motherfucker

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Speaking of the portal, this is not a good sign for Fran at Iowa

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1773057223578493327

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Speaking of the portal, this is not a good sign for Fran at Iowa

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1773057223578493327

Funniest story of the year