Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LadKBi8aXFM

I went down a rabbit hole and found a gem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I don't know what I'll do if we win tomorrow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i will be rooting for you, i hope someone throws that uconn oaf into a toilet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The second Cal hits a bad patch the UK will be calling Billy Donovan book it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

The second Cal hits a bad patch the UK will be calling Billy Donovan book it

all billy donovan has to do is make the play-in and he has a job for life with the bulls in the nba with his failson on the staff why the gently caress would he leave that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because he will do nothing with the Bulls and misses college basketball according to Garry Parish who has dinner with him regularly

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Y'all ignore UNC's oaf just because he's been a part of the team for a quarter-century.

Also, lord god please just don't let my team play like rear end.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
lord god belay that order please

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can’t believe I have to wait until 9 for this game to start.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

lord god belay that order please

From hells heart I stab at thee

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Got a plane ticket, AirBNB and game ticket for Dallas tomorrow night :toot:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gonzaga has landed for the Sweet 16, but one state rep is keeping a close eye on them:

https://x.com/matthewmaddock/status/1773143040724451761?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

https://x.com/matthewmaddock/status/1773157120524894656?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Upon correction, he was just doing his due diligence:
https://x.com/matthewmaddock/status/1773361329778135250?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 28, 2024

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Glad SOMEONE'S doing something about dog trafficking across state borders.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Tomorrow is the first meeting between Houston and Duke. Was surprised to see that, but I guess Duke was just emerging as a dominant team as Houston was falling into the abyss.

Anyway gently caress Duke

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gonzaga has landed for the Sweet 16, but one state rep is keeping a close eye on them:

Lmao this dipshit's profile pic is so :sad:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Kentucky’s Adou Thiero to the transfer portal

Add him to Cals list of “guys that average 18/6/4 somewhere else”

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Chief McHeath posted:

Kentucky’s Adou Thiero to the transfer portal

Add him to Cals list of “guys that average 18/6/4 somewhere else”

Unfortunate. Figured he may be a building block for next year. So much for getting older as a team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm sending my energy to the Aztecs of San Diego State

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

I'm sending my energy to the Aztecs of San Diego State

i was rooting for ya

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

i was rooting for ya

Still proud of this team.

Sometimes you run into a buzz saw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

SDSU looked like they were in it for about 10 minutes. Was hoping they’d win because UCONN scares the crap out of me. Feels like the only way they’ll lose is if half the team sprains an ankle in practice or something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

lmao, the NEVERTHELESS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rick posted:

lmao, the NEVERTHELESS

Skip, you know I am sensitive to college athlete travel schedules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Clemson feels like the most random afterthought program to make the elite 8.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Man, it gets harder every year to find a real streameast/sportsurge/buffstreams site without a million fake clones and garbage sites that dont have ncaa ball

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Really difficult to take a tourney seriously when the obvious point of emphasis with reffing is calling more phantom charging calls and allowing for teams to get absolutely hacked in the post. Punishes athletic teams, forces everything to be a perimeter game which is the last thing you want to see with semipro athletes, and then there's so much inconsistency that it constantly leads to tentative play and bad feeling. Real loving dogshit product the NCAA is putting out the past couple years, really loving hate how the game is called now. This is a post-season thing too, it's not nearly as bad in this particular way during the season, it's just the classic bullshit home arena bias that's eye rolling but at least consistency. It's just maddening now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I really hate it and think it makes a much less watchable product overall and alienates basketball fans of basically every other form of basketball.. But it does give people the upsets they want.

I'm not really talking about tonight to be clear though.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Elentar, no offense but I need State and Duke to get absolutely destroyed tomorrow to feel better. I hope you understand.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OPAONI posted:

Elentar, no offense but I need State and Duke to get absolutely destroyed tomorrow to feel better. I hope you understand.

hey i’m with you halfway

think you’ll probably get it tbh

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Sure am jealous of y'all that have >3 scholarship basketball players on your teams

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Henchman of Santa posted:

Clemson feels like the most random afterthought program to make the elite 8.

UAB almost beat Clemson, and was competitive vs. SDSU. Alabama should be at them by 20+

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

That was a tough loss because ISU could’ve won it if they just didn’t massively gently caress up a few shots. It doesn’t hurt that much because the Clones probably shouldn’t have been in it if the Illini hit their average for free throws.

ISU’s weakness all year was the occasional scoring drought. Gilbert can be great, be he also tries to get contact too much and he puts himself in no hope situations when he doesn’t get the call. Lipsey is a good, but a little short and the Illini height smothered him for a lot of the game. Our bigs did like nothing all game. Biggest reason clones lost is because momcilovic had 1 point. Not sure if the Illini game planned to take him away or what, but he didn’t get many free looks and bricked the ones he did. Clones really needed him to hit a few threes to open the floor up.

Curtis Jones was great though. I hope he has another year, but I can’t remember.

Next year Clones need to really find a couple of consistent shooters and spend more time on offense. They won’t make the leap past a S16 team without an improved offense.

Still a great year, 2nd in the big 12 and tournament champs is great. I am getting sick of not getting past the S16 though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Good morning, I have the following announcement:

“Basketball school hahahahahahaha, huff my nuts tarheels”, whatever that means.

Thank you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Incredible to feel good about rooting for UConn the next game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AztecAnalytics/status/1773744058751660392?t=7DuvwcrY6zASrhllJNj60A&s=19

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
NC State's men and women both playing in the Sweet 16 in the same time window is bullshit.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

So god drat typical of Marquette to play such an embarrassing game.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

OPAONI posted:

:mmmhmm:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

now is the time for solidarity around gently caress duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

elentar posted:

now is the time for solidarity around gently caress duke

That we can always agree on