Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

oath complete!

I am claiming the monthly challenge, as this Palatine is kitbashed from the parts from several different Sororitas kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of April, oath one Dark Rider and one Deep One Priest. Rider from GW, Priest from Reaper.

Approved!

Also the Season 13 thread is now up and looking for judges and any comments/suggestions about the challenges etc. - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000606

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:March judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Second place, 2 points: moths

First place, 3 points: Lord Hypnostache

Bonus, 1 point: Ashcans

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks for points!

Oath Complete!

Didn't plan to, but I did the modification challenge but you'll have to take my word for it - One of the lances shattered while I was cleaning up a cruiser, and I replaced it with one from a failed print. It went on upside down.

I can take a close-up when I get home if needed.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This is the most stupid conversion.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

I made slightly more photos of Maul...

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

No challenges this time

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A pack of Gnoblars and markers to finish off my BB team, the Ogreachievers.

A pack of reptiles stalking the jungle, hunting unwary adventurers.

King of the wretches for my old Demonic Legion army. Counts-as Lord of Change (from an era they weren't enormous!) hence the wings (claimed for the challenge).

Grumpy Chaos Giant here to smash the smallfolk with his huge hammer!

And finally, everything I've oathed this season for All Together Now! Overall I've painted about this much again in not-oathed stuff so it's been a productive year!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
April Oath Complete!

One Nightmare Dragon!

Went in on the Kitbash, primarily I cut off the wings and tail and inserted magnets to make the whole thing posable, plus also added an bigger base and extended out the magic cloud a bit:

More posing pics:

This was yet another of these oaths where, it took a while to decide if I was going to try the challenge or not. And once again I'm pretty happy with the result, this is a much more fun fig with a good range of poses just from modding the wings and tail. (Also kinda like the wings being a bit longer).

Finishing off with All together now, not a big season but a fun one, getting back into the oathing spirit!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath failed! Defeated by a fleet yellow, white and black sails. :negative:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And we're done! Season 12's finished bar the wrap up and final judging. Thank you to everyone who participated, and especially to the judges!

If you'd like to continue oathing, the thread for season 13 is here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000606 - hope to see you all again!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: March Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

The weathering on this terminator is top-notch, really solid work. I especially like how it contrasts subtly with the black of the armor as it fades up, but also more strongly with the glinty metallics and the brilliant white & red livery.

Second Place, 2 points: Grizzled Patriarch

This dude looks fresh from spending about sixty years in a bog. The weathering isn't confined to one type; the coppery bits have a thick verdigris patina, where the other metals look fairly caked with mud and grime. Topping it all off is that perfectly polished white skull, which lends a delightful comic feel to the whole piece.

First Place, 3 points: Galaspar

These plaguemarines are intimidating as all hell, and sporting a paint job to match. The term "Blanchitsu" gets slung around every once in a while on these forums, and these models have that quality in spades; very grimdark, with excellent deep shadows and bright edge highlights. The metals appear greasy and rusty by turns, and the whole group looks oddly like it could've been drawn as a woodcut or in the margins of a 40k faction codex. (Nice Nurglings as well.)

Bonus Point: Ashcans

Okay, now I want some animation studio to cook up The Baba Yaga Mysteries. Picturing this house trouncing across the countryside while an ancient Slavic witch and her faithful talking mutt bust Old Man Jenkins' schemes has given me a chuckle. (Also the color scheme is really bright, eye-catching, and nicely set off by the detail work and the weathering; the broken windowpanes in particular are a nice touch.)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
[quote="Dr. Gargunza" post="523162618"]
:siren: March Judgements! :siren:

First Place, 3 points: Galaspar

Thank you! I feel like I've rediscovered my love of painting lately, and I'm very happy with how these guys turned out.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Electric Hobo posted:

Bonus, 1 point: Ashcans

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: Ashcans

Okay, now I want some animation studio to cook up The Baba Yaga Mysteries. Picturing this house trouncing across the countryside while an ancient Slavic witch and her faithful talking mutt bust Old Man Jenkins' schemes has given me a chuckle. (Also the color scheme is really bright, eye-catching, and nicely set off by the detail work and the weathering; the broken windowpanes in particular are a nice touch.)

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point:  Ashcans

This is some very impressive detailing on this fighting kit.  The dull iron of the walking-cathedral armor is a really nice counterpart to the sky-blue tabard, and the metallics look impressively dulled from battle.
Thank you for these! The house was a big project, I rarely paint anything that large. There are always great results in the thread so it means a lot when something gets noticed. I appreciate it!

Also, thanks to everyone who participated in the thread, both organizing/judging and painting, this keeps me chipping away at the backlog and as slow as I can be I wouldn't make any progress without it! Onward to the new thread!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:Final judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: moths

Second place, 2 points: Ashcans

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Bonus, 1 point: Grassy Galaspar

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:razz: April Judgements, only slightly late! :imunfunny:

Third Place, 1 point:  Galaspar

For a Chaos band whose main color scheme is "bare metal," these dudes turned out delightfully colorful. Excellent use of OSL in multiple ways, and a nice variety of different colors across the troops, making each of them a distinct character and instantly recognizable. Your skill at depicting various forms of grimacing faces is really top-notch, which makes the gang even more fun to look at.

Second Place, 2 points:  Zark the Damned

All your models are full of character, but this one is just an excellent conversion. From Goblin King to demon prince is a hell of a promotion, and you pull it off using an unexpected set of contrasting colors: cool, unnatural and mottled blue of the skin is set off nicely by the reddish-gold of the metallics. The mottling makes the skin seem almost natural despite its weird shade, and the contrasts and smooth hghlights really set it off. (I like that he seems to have his own 3D glasses.)

First Place, 3 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Maul is super menacing here, the real standout piece in a very cool pair (the handgunner is no slouch, of course). There's so much red on this model, but it's all different shades and textures, making the whole piece seem unified and almost bichrome in execution. The OSL of the saber blades on the cloth is appropriately muted and softened, and the bone-white on the horns draws our eyes to Maul's angry, angry face. Great way to close out the season!

Bonus Point:  moths

There's something almost Minbari-like about these ships, even though they don't specifically look like fish. I think it's the dorsal fins, which are visually arresting and a wealth of contrasting tones on their own. The camouflage-like pattenrs are well done, and the contrasting orange-and-blue scheme really works well for these.

Thanks to everyone for participating this past year! Yet another year in which I wish I could've given out more points; everyone's efforts were really strong and encouraging. I'll see you in the Season 13 thread!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Dr. Gargunza posted:

only slightly late!

You think you're late? I'm like seven months behind.

:hmmorks: August Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): Ashcans

2nd Place (2 points): Ugleb

1st Place (3 points): Moths

Bonus (1 point): Zark the Damned

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: September Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): ape!!!

2nd Place (2 points): Lord Hypnostache

1st Place (3 points): Moths

Bonus (1 point): Totalhell

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:spooky: October Judgement :spooky:

3rd Place (1 point): TotalHell

2nd Place (2 points): with a rebel yell she QQed

1st Place (3 points): Ugleb

Bonus (1 point): ape!!!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: November Judgement :hmmorks:

2nd Place (2 points): moths

1st Place (3 points): ape!!!

Bonus (1 point): Zark the Damned

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: December Judgement :hmmorks:

2nd Place (2 points): ape!!!

1st Place (3 points): with a rebel yell she QQed

Bonus (1 point): Lord Hypnostache

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: January Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): Zark the Damned

2nd Place (2 points): Ugleb

1st Place (3 points): TotalHell

Bonus (1 point): with a rebel yell she QQed

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: February Judgement :hmmorks:

2nd Place (2 points): with a rebel yell she QQed

1st Place (3 points): Galaspar

Bonus (1 point): GameraMan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: March Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): gameraMan

2nd Place (2 points): Lord Hypnostach

1st Place (3 points): Grizzled Patriarch

Bonus (1 point): Galaspar

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:hmmorks: April Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): with a rebel yell she QQed

2nd Place (2 points): moths

1st Place (3 points):

Bonus (1 point): gameraMan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Apologies for being an absentee judge all year. Big thanks to everyone who participated and good luck to everyone in Season 13.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Thanks for the points!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

That was kind of a nice recap of the year, though! Thanks for the points on my work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

Apologies for being an absentee judge all year. Big thanks to everyone who participated and good luck to everyone in Season 13.

No worries, thanks for catching up!

Everything should now be up to date in the S12 sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-irOzgztZvm3bPC0TGXx1D6nqrXnoiumKxgDSJodqHk/edit#gid=7

Thanks again to everyone for participating!