Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following for June: Morgwaeth's Blade Coven, The Grymwatch and The Crimson Court. 28mm GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

For the month of June I, Companion Cube, solemnly swear an oath to paint this Black Templar Marshal I made out of some other guys.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of June: 2 WH40K Obliterators from GW

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath a Reaper Snakeman for June

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2021:

1 Orc Warlord from MOM Miniatures
1 Ogre from Oathsworn Miniatures
4 Adventurers from Westfalia Miniatures
2 Halfling townsfolk from Stonehaven Miniatures
All 28mm scale

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Quick update, speed painted my Warlord. Better pics when the oath's done!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2021:

1 Orc Warlord from MOM Miniatures
1 Ogre from Oathsworn Miniatures
4 Adventurers from Westfalia Miniatures
2 Halfling townsfolk from Stonehaven Miniatures
All 28mm scale

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath a Reaper Snakeman for June

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of June: 2 WH40K Obliterators from GW

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath the following for June: Morgwaeth's Blade Coven, The Grymwatch and The Crimson Court. 28mm GW

Companion Cube posted:

For the month of June I, Companion Cube, solemnly swear an oath to paint this Black Templar Marshal I made out of some other guys.

Approved!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath for June: 3d printed Goblin King and Kappa 3D by Print n Paint Miniatures. Both are 54mm bases.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, Darth Maul, three DRK-1 probe droids and a squad of BX-1 Commando Droids.

Jaunty pic for visual interest.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint 1 necromancer, 1 dreg, and 5 zombies (GW) for June!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath 1 Stormcast Eternal from Games Workshop for June 2021! (28mm)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath 1 Stormcast Eternal from Games Workshop for June 2021! (28mm)

Apologies for the double post everyone!
Oath Complete!

And a slightly better look at him:

I started with Army Painter Leather Brown a the undercoat, before basecoating the armour with Vallejo Game Color Hammered Copper, the various metallic details in Citadel Runelord Brass, and the red areas in Vallejo Game Color Terracotta Red, with the cloth/weapon grips in Citadel Corvus Black, and the parchment Rakarth Flesh. For shading I did Cryptek Armourshade on the metallic details, Agrax Earthshade on the red for the armour/shield and Reikland Fleshshade for the red leather trim. For the black areas I used Nuln Oil and I went over the parchment with Skeleton Horde.

Claiming Need 4 Speed and A recipe for success.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For June I, Galaspar, oath 9 gaming boards (5 wooden ones by ttcombat, and 4 plastic ones by GW)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For June I, Galaspar, oath 9 gaming boards (5 wooden ones by ttcombat, and 4 plastic ones by GW)

Yvonmukluk posted:

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint 1 necromancer, 1 dreg, and 5 zombies (GW) for June!

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath for June: 3d printed Goblin King and Kappa 3D by Print n Paint Miniatures. Both are 54mm bases.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, Darth Maul, three DRK-1 probe droids and a squad of BX-1 Commando Droids.

Jaunty pic for visual interest.

Approved!

Also the April gallery is now up, go check your stuff is there! - https://imgur.com/a/acuGZns

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

And this last photo includes a vampire that was not part of the Oath, because I forgot to add it, but painted it together with the rest!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
These guys are utterly fantastic, I feel inspired!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Oath complete!

And this last photo includes a vampire that was not part of the Oath, because I forgot to add it, but painted it together with the rest!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

:hmmorks: May Judgement :hmmorks:

3rd Place (1 point): moths

2nd Place (2 points): with a rebel yell she QQd

1st Place (3 points): APE!!!

Bonus (1 point): Zark the Damned

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed!

A couple of old halflings out for a walk around their village

An angry ogre raider who likes to enforce his own unofficial road taxes on travellers

A mighty orc warboss. Claiming Need 4 Speed (see below) and the monthly challenge (he's based on Devastator - https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/t...=20200903044019)

A set of townsfolk - a lumberjack, town guard and their local mad old magic man. Claiming A Faithful Replica for old Tim on the left - https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f3/2e/79/f32e7909b026e1b6ccad019ab447b29e.jpg

A lone rogue stalks her prey in the snowy ruins

Zark the Damned posted:

Quick update, speed painted my Warlord. Better pics when the oath's done!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oath Addition!

I Yvonmukluk, Oath 1 Aeronautica Imperialis Avenger Strike Fighter from Games Workshop.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition!

I Yvonmukluk, Oath 1 Aeronautica Imperialis Avenger Strike Fighter from Games Workshop.

Approved, don't forget to include the pics from your original completion post when you finish this.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Late in the month, but

I, moths, oath this terrain (lawn stuff, Mantic, HO railroad trees) and one Reaper Bones Frost Giant:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

moths posted:

Late in the month, but

I, moths, oath this terrain (lawn stuff, Mantic, HO railroad trees) and one Reaper Bones Frost Giant:

Oath (partially) complete! Claiming Need 4 Speed for the terrain pieces, the reaper bones is a weird surface to paint.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:May judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: APE!!!

A lovely bunch! They're all different, but fit together, and using white and brown as the main colors makes the very bright secondary colors work very well.

Second place, 2 points: moths

Going for the Fire Wasps is a bold move, and it's paying off. Both the red and yellow is looking good, and he's nicely grimey from stomping around. The base sells the scale, which I think is super important for Titanicus.

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Starting out strong here! Yellows, reds, and black all looks great, as do the metal, skin, and wood. So that's all of it looking great!

Bonus, 1 point: Yvonmukluk

You've got a very striking colorscheme going on here. Too bad that the photo makes it a little hard to see what's going on.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel so appreciated!

With this Jarl, I can declare my Oath Complete:

Sorry to spam the thread, Need 4 Speed was a weird thing to post around.

E: also claiming Xrossover Xhaos for an attempt at painting the Frost Giant as the Minnesota Viking.

moths fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 30, 2021

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

June Oath Complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath failed! I had my first week off since January and lost my ability to concentrate. And spent longer on Darth Maul & Probe droids than I expected.

Really thought I'd be doing an oath addition this month, ah well!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete

Probably more pictures than this deserves, a pretty minor project but I have been slammed with work this month. :effort: I am claiming the monthly challenge, as the color scheme and pattern is inspired by the best snakeman ever, according to my kids.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition!

Oath Complete!
The timestamped Stormcast completion pic:

And a slightly better look:

I started with Army Painter Leather Brown a the undercoat, before basecoating the armour with Vallejo Game Color Hammered Copper, the various metallic details in Citadel Runelord Brass, and the red areas in Vallejo Game Color Terracotta Red, with the cloth/weapon grips in Citadel Corvus Black, and the parchment Rakarth Flesh. For shading I did Cryptek Armourshade on the metallic details, Agrax Earthshade on the red for the armour/shield and Reikland Fleshshade for the red leather trim. For the black areas I used Nuln Oil and I went over the parchment with Skeleton Horde.

Claiming Need 4 Speed and A recipe for success.

The Stormcast and Avenger, together again for the first time:

Claiming Xrossover Xhaos because I painted the Avenger in Razgriz Squadron colours from Ace Combat 5, inspired by the ongoing Ace Combat LP series.

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:May judgement!:kingsley:
Bonus, 1 point: Yvonmukluk

You've got a very striking colorscheme going on here. Too bad that the photo makes it a little hard to see what's going on.
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately given my poor life choices tend to leave me scrambling for time to get the picture taken and I can never seem to pull it off quite right. Perhaps I'll get better at my photography along with my painting.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Apologies for the awkward photo, space to lay out a 3x3 board in my home is very limited.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

June oath complete!
This was my first time attempting this kind of stone effect, or heraldic shields that small, so the smudginess is maybe inevitable. Also the primer went on a little lumpy on his face but I guess I can say that gives him character. If I was to go back and work on this some more I would probably come up with a glow effect for the power sword. Still, I like him a lot better than my old Marshal.

(edit: almost forgot to put my name on it)

Companion Cube fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 1, 2021

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

Companion Cube posted:

June oath complete!

For humorous comparison, his predecessor from several editions and oath threads ago, one of the first guys I painted for one of these, using one of the same set of bases:

As you can see the intervening eleven years have not been kind to my old Crusade Marshal. Also I didn't know how to paint marble then. Or faces.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete just in the nick of time!

I'm claiming monthly challenge for the blonde vampire (middle picture, second from the right), whose been painted like Alucard from Castlevania.

I probably oathed a bit too much this month, the heatwave made it hard to find evergy to paint. Plus my painting light broke as I was painting Morgwaeth's Bladecoven, so I'll probably touch them up later but for now they're finished.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, June is over. Onwards to July:

quote:

July: Opposites Attract - Paint up a pair of models that are somehow 'opposite' to each other. - e.g. a pair of warriors with reversed colour schemes, aspects of love and hate, a primitive barbarian (low tech) and a space wolf (high tech) bearing the same runes.

I'll try get caught up this weekend and get the challenges fleshed out. If anyone has an idea for a challenge, let me know!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for July 2021:

4 Space Ork Raiders, Knightmare Miniatures
2 Dwarfs, Hasslefree Miniatures
1 Halfling on Pony, Stonehaven Miniatures
1 Baggage Pony, Oathsworn Miniatures
All 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

Late in the month, but

Approved (June)

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for July 2021:

4 Space Ork Raiders, Knightmare Miniatures
2 Dwarfs, Hasslefree Miniatures
1 Halfling on Pony, Stonehaven Miniatures
1 Baggage Pony, Oathsworn Miniatures
All 28mm

Approved

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Necron Lychguard and 1 Reaper Bones Grim Reaper for July

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath for July:
Dhunian Archon from Warmachine Hordes that I'm painting for a friend,

Reaper Bones KS Thing in the Well and Zombie Giant

Edit: added two more minus

ape!!! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 8, 2021

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

For July's Opposites Attract theme I swear an oath to paint this Black Templar Outrider and his opposite, a Sons of Jormungandr Atalan Jackal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of July

General Grievous
Obi-Wan Kenobi

both from Star Wars Legions by Fantasy Flight Games