Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 5 Deathmarks for January. 28mm GW

And Oath complete!

I'm claiming Hiding from the new year, I tried to make it look like they're phasing in/partially invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 5 Deathmarks for January. 28mm GW

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Ork Deffkopta for January

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2022

1 Major Tomoko and 4 special agents from Hasslefree, 28mm

moths posted:

Thanks for the points and kind words!

Romania actually changed sides in WW2 and fought for the Allies after King Michael I staged a Coup in 1940. But got rough handling under the Soviets. In a lot of ways, they managed to lose WW2 twice. It's an interesting and sad history.

Still,
I moths, oath for January seven 15mm T-72 tanks!

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for January:

1 Venomcrawler by GW

ape!!! posted:

Wow, thank you for that writeup Dr. G!

I, ape!!!, Oath the two forms of Hood from Marvel Crisis Protocol.

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath for January a scavvy with grenade launcher, Ashwood Stranger, an Ogryn and an industrial robot

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A group of elite agents shortly before heading into a zone of danger.

A cyborg trouble shooter in the far future activating their thermoptic camouflage (old terrain for effect).

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, the Patricians Noble Revellers for Carnevale. Fencing Master, Adventuring Noble, Barnabotti and two Cat Burglars.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 9 Nazgúl (FW) in January!

Also thank you for the points and your comments esteemed judges!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

I'd like to claim Need 4 Speed!

Edit: Time stamp photo

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 17, 2022

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:December judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: TotalHell

Second place, 2 points: Ashcans

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

January Oath Complete - Hood from Marvel Crisis Protocol

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath complete!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: December Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: ape!!!

That Venom has a real sense of strength and power. Excellent shading (and avoiding pure black, comic-book-colorist style), and the additional material looks great in the scene, especially the torn bit of Spidey's costume (which looked like a part of the original model before I went back & compared to the pledge pics). Nice work!

Second Place, 2 points: TotalHell

It's nice seeing a group shot like this, especially with this much detail in the work. In particular, the glow effect from the plasma coils is nice and eye-catching against the backdrop of black armor and red dusty earth. Nice contrasts and highlighting/shading all around.

First Place, 3 points: Ashcans

I would never have had the patience to pull off this much detail work on those feathers, but you really make it pay off. Good shine to the metals, excellent blending & contrast on the wings (both the Stormcast's and their bird's), and just an overall really nice job on what sounds like a frustrating sculpt.

Bonus Point: moths

Nice work on the WIP pics, and these closeups really do this dread justice. Good plasma coil work (I actually thought that was a clear fluorescent plastic pipe at first), and a fun griminess near the base.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, the Patricians Noble Revellers for Carnevale. Fencing Master, Adventuring Noble, Barnabotti and two Cat Burglars.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 9 Nazgúl (FW) in January!

Also thank you for the points and your comments esteemed judges!

Approved!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Ashcans

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: December Judgements! :siren:
First Place, 3 points: Ashcans

I would never have had the patience to pull off this much detail work on those feathers, but you really make it pay off. Good shine to the metals, excellent blending & contrast on the wings (both the Stormcast's and their bird's), and just an overall really nice job on what sounds like a frustrating sculpt.
Thank you both so much! I really felt like I had to fight this model to get it to where I was comfortable calling it 'done', so it means a lot to have it noticed. Sometimes you spend a lot of time with something and at the end it's hard not to see all the mistakes and shortfalls glaring at you.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Other reason I was coming to the thread, to say... oath complete!

For the month's challenge, Orks generally don't believe in camouflage, and even Blood Axes (the sneakiest of Orks) have a fairly dubious grasp of the concept. So when a Deffkopta pilot tries to make his ride blend in... he decides to daub it with some nice explosions so the enemy won't be able to see it coming through all the Dakka in the air! This is sure to work, and if it doesn't, at least he hasn't compromised the red paint job too much.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: moths

Awesome, thanks! And...

Oath Complete

Claiming Hiding From the New Year for the innocent-looking haybail in the lower-right corner. Look closer comrade, it's a T-72!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks January is over!

quote:

February: All that glitters... - Add something shiny to your model. This could be using chrome metallics, NMM, glossy scales, or similar

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Frost Giant Heroine for February!

Been a bunch of months since I've oathed! Or even painted. But was feeling the itch so I'll oath for Feb 1 Frost Giant Heroine:

(Reaper Bones)

Will include All that glitters... with some shiny items...

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: TotalHell

It's nice seeing a group shot like this, especially with this much detail in the work. In particular, the glow effect from the plasma coils is nice and eye-catching against the backdrop of black armor and red dusty earth. Nice contrasts and highlighting/shading all around.

Electric Hobo posted:

Third place, 1 point: TotalHell

Thank you both!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath for the month of February: 1 Warforged Titan by WizKids

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Adepta Sororitas Paragon Warsuit for February

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2022:

1 Giant, 3 Ogres and Standard Bearer from MOM Miniatures
1 Landsknecht from Black Scorpion
1 Barbarian from Stonehaven Miniatures
1 Goblin from Archon Studios

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For February I, Galaspar oath 4 Imperial Guard Veterans and an Inquisitorial Agent

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg mercenaries (FW) and Uli Leitpold in February!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of February, Sole Survivor, Codsworth & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, plus 4x Technicians and Dr Lukas Koyner for Star Saga/Deadzone.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I, moths, oath this 3d printed elf hero! It's from ilhadiel's patreon, who is a fantastic creator.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this 3d printed elf hero! It's from ilhadiel's patreon, who is a fantastic creator.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of February, Sole Survivor, Codsworth & Dogmeat for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, plus 4x Technicians and Dr Lukas Koyner for Star Saga/Deadzone.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg mercenaries (FW) and Uli Leitpold in February!

Galaspar posted:

For February I, Galaspar oath 4 Imperial Guard Veterans and an Inquisitorial Agent

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2022:

1 Giant, 3 Ogres and Standard Bearer from MOM Miniatures
1 Landsknecht from Black Scorpion
1 Barbarian from Stonehaven Miniatures
1 Goblin from Archon Studios

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 1 GW Adepta Sororitas Paragon Warsuit for February

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Frost Giant Heroine for February!

Been a bunch of months since I've oathed! Or even painted. But was feeling the itch so I'll oath for Feb 1 Frost Giant Heroine:

(Reaper Bones)

Will include All that glitters... with some shiny items...

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath for the month of February: 1 Warforged Titan by WizKids

Approved!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:January judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: ape!!

Second place, 2 points: Galaspar

First place, 3 points: TotalHell

Bonus, 1 point: ape!!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
[quote="Electric Hobo" post="521652768"]

Second place, 2 points: Galaspar

Thank you! Those are two of my favourites of all the models I've ever painted.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: TotalHell

Thanks so much!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

A deep goliath warrior and Gary the loot goblin

Empire standard bearer and greatsword champion with very shiny swords

The brute squad

A stylish giant. I dread to think of what monster they had to kill to get those feathers!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Or as I'm now calling it, blue jump suit month.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

[]b]Oath Complete[/b]

My battle with photography continues, as these seem to have ended up somewhat overexposed here. It didn't look wrong on the camera! Oh well. I am claiming the monthly for the metallics on this nundam.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

For the first time ever, I had the experience of oathing and then starting to paint something and then...completely losing any interest in the model I was painting. It was just an uninspiring slog, and I kept it very simple to not torture myself. It's done, that's what matters. This is my first try with NMM (just the axe blade) though!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

Claiming All That Glitters for those green gemstones.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath complete!

One Frost Giant Heroine

Claiming All that Glitters for a bunch of glittery bits

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath complete!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

February is over and we're approaching the end of season 12!

quote:

March: Under the weather - Your model should feature weathering, e.g. rust, mud or heat staining. Alternately they could be under the effects of heavy weather such as a storm, blizzard or hurricane.

Since we're near the end of the season, I'd like to make the usual request for suggestions, comments, volunteers, judges etc. for next season. Do people even want a 13th season? It feels things have been tailing off lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: January Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: moths

The details on these tanks are really nice, but it's the reeds on the lower right tank that really sell "tall grass camo." Excellent contrasts on a limited color palette, great lining, and that weathering looks like these rolled out of a bog just long enough ago for the residue to start clumping.

Second Place, 2 points: Galaspar

Really nice work on these models! The robot in particular is a standout, but elements of that piece--weathering, shading, some subtle OSL--are in place on the other models as well. The bright primary colors work really well as a contrast against the grunginess.

First Place, 3 points: Ugleb

This squad of masked musketeers is just so flamboyant (especially the Renaissance man on the right). Really nice and varied color schemes, and the shading on the clothes are subtle enough to make them look soft. The detail work is great too (especially the stripes on the pirate's pants).

Bonus Point: with a rebel yell she QQd

I suppose one way to disguise yourself is "be almost completely invisible." Using a limited palette of blcks and metallics, you give real texture and sharpness to these wraiths, and they have a palpable sense of malice as a result.

...Also, consider this my formal application to judge next season! I love this stuff, and I love seeing peoples' works. The one problem I have with the oath thread is I can't give out X prizes (where X=everyone posting their work).