Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: Ugleb

This squad of masked musketeers is just so flamboyant (especially the Renaissance man on the right). Really nice and varied color schemes, and the shading on the clothes are subtle enough to make them look soft. The detail work is great too (especially the stripes on the pirate's pants).

Thanks kindly! They were fun to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Zark the Damned posted:

February is over and we're approaching the end of season 12!

Since we're near the end of the season, I'd like to make the usual request for suggestions, comments, volunteers, judges etc. for next season. Do people even want a 13th season? It feels things have been tailing off lately.

I'm up for Season 13! This thread keeps me motivated, as well as puts just enough pressure on me to keep doing stuff! Love to watch everyone's paintjobs!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: with a rebel yell she QQd

I suppose one way to disguise yourself is "be almost completely invisible." Using a limited palette of blcks and metallics, you give real texture and sharpness to these wraiths, and they have a palpable sense of malice as a result.

Thank you!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Zark the Damned posted:

February is over and we're approaching the end of season 12!

Since we're near the end of the season, I'd like to make the usual request for suggestions, comments, volunteers, judges etc. for next season. Do people even want a 13th season? It feels things have been tailing off lately.

This is one of those threads that has a small group of regular users, but which I personally find extremely helpful. This thread has basically been THE reason for me to get through my backlog and paint a bunch of primed minis that would just be sitting around. It also means that my skill has improved as a result, which feels good.

If anything, I would hope we could encourage folks in other threads to get in here and oath. The more the merrier, imo.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

And with that said...

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of March: 1 Pureblood Warpwolf by Privateer Press

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

TotalHell posted:

This is one of those threads that has a small group of regular users, but which I personally find extremely helpful. This thread has basically been THE reason for me to get through my backlog and paint a bunch of primed minis that would just be sitting around. It also means that my skill has improved as a result, which feels good.

If anything, I would hope we could encourage folks in other threads to get in here and oath. The more the merrier, imo.

I agree, I know we have dwindled over time but the thread is very helpful to me in actually getting anything done, especially if I am feeling stuck on my projects it gets me to pick something else up from the backlog and just paint. I really appreciate the work that goes into managing it and judging, and I would understand if people want to scale that back but I would really want to keep the thread going in some way!

Also reminding people that it exists in some of the other miniature threads might not be a bad idea.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

And for this month... I, Ashcans, Oath 1 Reaper Miniatures Baba Yaga's Hut for March!

This is a pretty big piece, I am not sure if I'll manage to get it done but I'll do my best!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Ettin for March!

Going for Weathering... on the broken weapons and in general on the fig...

Reaper Bones with some Warhammer bits

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for March 2022:

Giant, Mad Hatter and Mascot survivor from Black Scorpion
Wizard from Greebo Games
All 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for March 2022:

Giant, Mad Hatter and Mascot survivor from Black Scorpion
Wizard from Greebo Games
All 28mm

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Ettin for March!

Going for Weathering... on the broken weapons and in general on the fig...

Reaper Bones with some Warhammer bits

TotalHell posted:

And with that said...

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of March: 1 Pureblood Warpwolf by Privateer Press

Ashcans posted:

And for this month... I, Ashcans, Oath 1 Reaper Miniatures Baba Yaga's Hut for March!

This is a pretty big piece, I am not sure if I'll manage to get it done but I'll do my best!

Approved!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?

Ashcans posted:

I agree, I know we have dwindled over time but the thread is very helpful to me in actually getting anything done, especially if I am feeling stuck on my projects it gets me to pick something else up from the backlog and just paint. I really appreciate the work that goes into managing it and judging, and I would understand if people want to scale that back but I would really want to keep the thread going in some way!

Also reminding people that it exists in some of the other miniature threads might not be a bad idea.

Just throwing in another 'yes please' with keeping the Oath thread running - even though I took a few months off (mainly working on a big scenery project I failed to finish), I always had in mind 'well I'll get back to Oathing soon...', which I did finally last month. Three-and-some seasons of Oathing did a huge amount for my skills, and helped me get through around 2/3rd of my minis so far! Was actually thinking of going for another full season next season...

Maybe possibly would consider judging if we're short judges...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I also still enjoy posting here and keeping myself focused on some form of regular goals in the constant war of attrition on my backlog.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March, a Plague Aberration & 4x Plague Victims for Star Saga/Deadzone.

The bit of red you might be able to see is the plastic under the primer.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For March I, Galaspar, oath four Plague Marines and a Necromunda Road Relic

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Finally back in a place where I can do some painting again.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of March: one Maggotcrown Ogre from Reaper Miniatures.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath two Black Knights or whatever weird name GW uses for them nowadays.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath three zombie astronauts and two scifi weirdos for May

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Terminator (FW) in March!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

I'm claiming Challenge for the rust, grime and verdigris on these guys' armor.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

A pair of crazed survivors of the Zombie Wasteland.

Melendor the Green, a powerful weather wizard!
Underrobes are AP Angel Green, and the main robes are AP Green Skin. Highlighted / shaded respectively using blends between them. His cape is AP Glitter Green and golden areas AP Tainted Gold, both from the recent set.
The magic smoke is a couple layers of Ceramite White, glazed with Tesseract Glow. The wind effect is the same base with thinned Nighthaunt Gloom Glaze, and the beard has the same base with Apothecary White. His eyes are white with a couple of glazes of Hexwraith Flame.

This Giant Pirate stands on the harbour, preparing to hook in unfortunate ships with his somewhat rusty chained anchor.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Terminator (FW) in March!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath three zombie astronauts and two scifi weirdos for May

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath two Black Knights or whatever weird name GW uses for them nowadays.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Finally back in a place where I can do some painting again.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the month of March: one Maggotcrown Ogre from Reaper Miniatures.

Ugleb posted:

I also still enjoy posting here and keeping myself focused on some form of regular goals in the constant war of attrition on my backlog.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March, a Plague Aberration & 4x Plague Victims for Star Saga/Deadzone.

The bit of red you might be able to see is the plastic under the primer.

Galaspar posted:

For March I, Galaspar, oath four Plague Marines and a Necromunda Road Relic

Approved!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oath Complete!

I went with bright colors for this because it's such a big piece that making it all brown-town and drab seemed really overwhelming - lots of houses of this style were actually painted in bright colors, so I opted to do that, but showing signs of wear and neglect. I am claiming the weathering monthly for the wear and tear on the house - I added some vines crawling over the roof because Baba Yaga is too busy cruising in her mortar to do regular maintenance.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Compete!

Claiming the weathering challenge for, well, all the weathering.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

Not sure if this counts or not, but if so I'll claim Under the weather for the snow base.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
March Oath Complete!

1 Reaper Bones Ettin

Claiming Weathered from his general weathered look, plus some rusty weapons (Warhammer bits) I added to the scene.

This guy was fun to paint, an energetic figure with a lot of attitude :-)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

drat I love painting plague marines!

Edit: Forgot a model! Also did more work on the others.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 1, 2022

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Weathered for...everything, I guess.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

March is over, onwards to the finale!

quote:

April: Tinker, Tailor... - Your model should be customised or customisable in some way. e.g. Sculpt it yourself, a kitbash or headswap, changable weapons or fun with magnets / LEDs!

I will hopefully be working on the season 13 thread soon so if you have any comments / suggestions for it let me know!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, Oath 1 kitbashed Adepta Sororitas Palantine for April

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:February judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Galaspar

Second place, 2 points: gameraMan

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Bonus, 1 point: moths

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath this lot for April:

Chaos Giant
LOTR Goblin King with wings
10 de-weaponed Gnoblars for Blood Bowl
4 Ogre Markers
3 Lizards
3 Snakes
Giant is from MOM Miniatures, the rest is GW. All 28mm scale.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For April I, Galaspar, oath 6 Chaos Space Marines

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for April: 1 Brain Collector by WizKids and 1 General Adept Nemo by Privateer Press

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Darth Maul (FFG) and Marienburg mercenary (FW) in April!

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Thank you!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 4x Elhoi, 2x Gurpanther and 2x Gun Boats for KoW Armada by Mantic Games.

Since taking this pic I discovered that the yellow primer had gone badly wrong and started to flake off. So I've had to strip, clean and prime again, so I am behind schedule already!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I moths oath this Elfdar Ancient Space Fleet for April:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: February Judgements! :siren: 

Third Place, 1 point:  TotalHell

Running the opposite direction from the "shiny" theme of the month, this 'jack looks like it should be up on cinder blocks in someone's yard, such is the extent of its rust.  Really terrific weathering effects, great highlights and shadows, and a base that looks so muddy I'm concerned it'll slip and fall over.

Second Place, 2 points: moths

Look at that shine!  The gems draw the eye with their deep contrast, and the metallics are varied and rich, with excellent edges and a burnished feel to the brass pauldrons.  Contrasted against the smoothness of the cloth, this is some very impressive work.

First Place, 3 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Somehow managing to find shininess in the grim darkness of the far future fantasy realms.  The contrasts and shadows on these soldiers are again a great strength, but the metallic accents seem all the brighter against the muted backdrop.  The intense edge highlighting on these faces also really captures the eye.

Bonus Point:  Ashcans

This is some very impressive detailing on this fighting kit.  The dull iron of the walking-cathedral armor is a really nice counterpart to the sky-blue tabard, and the metallics look impressively dulled from battle.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Nightmare Dragon for April!

Pathfinder Deep Cuts mini

Going in for Tinker, Tailor... with magnetized configurable wings and tail...

Before kitbash pic

After kitbash pic

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Nightmare Dragon for April!

Pathfinder Deep Cuts mini

Going in for Tinker, Tailor... with magnetized configurable wings and tail...

Before kitbash pic

After kitbash pic

moths posted:

I moths oath this Elfdar Ancient Space Fleet for April:

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 4x Elhoi, 2x Gurpanther and 2x Gun Boats for KoW Armada by Mantic Games.

Since taking this pic I discovered that the yellow primer had gone badly wrong and started to flake off. So I've had to strip, clean and prime again, so I am behind schedule already!

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Darth Maul (FFG) and Marienburg mercenary (FW) in April!

Thank you!

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for April: 1 Brain Collector by WizKids and 1 General Adept Nemo by Privateer Press

Galaspar posted:

For April I, Galaspar, oath 6 Chaos Space Marines

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, Oath 1 kitbashed Adepta Sororitas Palantine for April

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath this lot for April:

Chaos Giant
LOTR Goblin King with wings
10 de-weaponed Gnoblars for Blood Bowl
4 Ogre Markers
3 Lizards
3 Snakes
Giant is from MOM Miniatures, the rest is GW. All 28mm scale.

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of April, oath one Dark Rider and one Deep One Priest. Rider from GW, Priest from Reaper.