Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"Sam Says Don't Flinch" got me, safely on the other side of the TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Neito posted:

"Sam Says Don't Flinch" got me, safely on the other side of the TV.

Lou getting double-flinched by the PA coming out afterwards is so good. So cruel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lou's "No, no no!" at himself for falling for the dance thing is low-key the best part of the episode. Followed by Vic's constant futile attempts to betray the group

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
The most Taskmaster level of sadistic energy Sam has ever had. Someone show Dropout to those Brits so we can finally get a real US version

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I didn't hate American Taskmaster as much as everyone else did, but thinking about Dropout and what American Taskmaster could have been, yeah it's a huge letdown

I think Ify said that Dropout is basically the home of panel comedy for American comedians, and drat it, he's right and I hope Dropout just gets huger and huger and brings a whole new comedy culture with it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

American Taskmaster won’t come to pass until Paul F Tompkins can be Taskmaster, assistant, and contestant all at once.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

At least Sam let them have some time with Henry the pig.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ricro posted:

The most Taskmaster level of sadistic energy Sam has ever had. Someone show Dropout to those Brits so we can finally get a real US version

There was a clip recently where Alex Horne says that he thinks that Gamechanger is doing interesting work, so he’s definitely seen it.

I’d love to see him on the show.

I’ve said for a long time that I thought Sam was pursuing the English quiz show model: get a bunch of people together who are funny and get along and it doesn’t really matter what you make them do.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Lou's "No, no no!" at himself for falling for the dance thing is low-key the best part of the episode. Followed by Vic's constant futile attempts to betray the group

My favorite was the dedication bit that only Lou remembered to do the jig, wolf howl, etc.... watching the others realize while he goes through the sequence was :discourse:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Museum worthy.

'Pain' - Sam Reich, 2024

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

X-O posted:

Museum worthy.

'Pain' - Sam Reich, 2024

If only images could be thread titles

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone pointed out that every time Sam says 'I am your host Sam Reich' this season he very deliberately looks down and examines his hands Sam what the gently caress are you planning.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 19, 2024

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Didn't they create some lore in the escape the room episode about Sam having an evil twin? Seems like some sort of reality check thing, but it's clearly intentional.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't remember an evil twin, but there was a time travelling evil ancestor

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MikeJF posted:

Someone pointed out that every time Sam says 'I am your host Sam Reich' this season he very deliberately looks down and examines his hands Sam what the gently caress are you planning.

i've caught that every time and wondered what bit is he setting up, i didnt even consider its some evil plan for a future ep

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, I've been wondering about that weird flourish. It's very "Ah yes, I am in my new body."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm assuming some kind of multiversal shenanigan given that the trailer has a few lines about multiverses and features sam wandering around reflections

And also the key art being many-sam

Oh look, it's henry the pig!

And come to think of it, Sam Says 3 had several Sam doubles: there was Zam and there was the dead Sam that got tossed from the roof. Although Sam-themeing everything is par for the course for game changer.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 19, 2024

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"Ms. Badgood, we're not sure of the cause of death. Principal Grix, we are, he went berserk at a music festival and was killed by---"

Lou: GOT 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

To be fair, the trailer for the next season of Breaking News just dropped today and it looks like we get a Dropout America 3 episode for the crew to get revenge on.

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground
I'm not sure if anyone here can answer this, but one thing I've always been curious about since learning that segments get cut from shows like Game Changer and Um, Actually... How do they get continuity on the scores then?

I know nothing about television production but this has been weirdly bothering me for a while.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

In the Game Changer cut-for-time special they show that the scores are sometimes CGI'd (or else super imposed) over. I assume they ask the players not to talk about their scores in absolute terms in those?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah he said they lie about scores. The important bit is that they remain correct relative to each other.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Sam Reich was on the latest episode of Hello From the Magic Tavern, an improv podcast not unlike a Fantasy Comedy Bang Bang. I thought it was a pretty decent episode; Sam handled himself like a pro

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=125K4JKIB5M

*interesting* collaboration there

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

latest d20 episode is absolutely insane, hell of an ending and also a weirdly great emotional monologue from emily

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’ve been out of the loop in D20 since Neverafter since it landed with a big clunk for me and I gave up around episode 6. How’s Junior Year and what else dropped since then worth checking out?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

weekly font posted:

I’ve been out of the loop in D20 since Neverafter since it landed with a big clunk for me and I gave up around episode 6. How’s Junior Year and what else dropped since then worth checking out?

junior year is the best thing theyve done since sophomore year and you can skip anything else between the two

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I'll go ahead and recommend Mentopolis, it's short and sweet with some great performances.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

everything since neverafter has been very good but junior year is really firing on all cylinders

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I honestly had to set Junior Year aside because the stress mechanics were actually making me feel second-hand stress and I didn't enjoy it. I'll hop back on it later...

Seconding Mentopolis as short and funny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MEJ is a good get as their ringer for this.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm very confused by something in EP 11 of Junior Year because it feels like an editing error or I just entirely missed..... something. Will spoiler but not really any spoilers:

At like 54min as Adaine is wrapping up a great scene with her sister (that does briefly touch on Fig and her curse towards the end), Emily just jumps in and suddenly they're sneaking into Ruben's dream and it's a whole new thing and the last scene just gets cut off almost mid-sentence.

Am I crazy?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

This movie is charming. It's not spectacular, but it has a lot of Dropout folk in it and it's just decent enough to warrant a watch. Indie flick as gently caress.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Pleads posted:

I'm very confused by something in EP 11 of Junior Year because it feels like an editing error or I just entirely missed..... something. Will spoiler but not really any spoilers:

At like 54min as Adaine is wrapping up a great scene with her sister (that does briefly touch on Fig and her curse towards the end), Emily just jumps in and suddenly they're sneaking into Ruben's dream and it's a whole new thing and the last scene just gets cut off almost mid-sentence.

Am I crazy?

I think it was just a sudden moment for Emily to interject. Keep in mind that these are part of several scenes/discussions following the farm investigation, and this is just having Fig's scene follow on the tail of Adaine's.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Magitek posted:

I think it was just a sudden moment for Emily to interject. Keep in mind that these are part of several scenes/discussions following the farm investigation, and this is just having Fig's scene follow on the tail of Adaine's.

OK I figured, but it just came in so abruptly (and I wanted like a few more final seconds of Adaine and her sister and her sister's cats for closure).

Season still rules, everyone is firing on all cylinders. Gorgug especially has had some great low-key moments in his growth.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Jesus, Siobhan’s choice at the end of that episode is just so so good as a story telling moment. It’s the worst possible choice from a meta-gaming perspective, but from a “We’re actors producing a television show,” perspective? Absolutely amazing.

Also, Ally will never not Nat20 at crucial moments.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ricro posted:

If Sam was the Taskmaster of a US production, who would be his Alex Horne? I think given his personality that he'd need someone a bit more impish and chaotic, so I'd think Emily; she's not actually part of Dropout as such though. I'd also wonder how his wife would do in the role.

I almost think Katie would do better as the stern, overbearing Taskmaster (Taskmistress?) though, honestly. I think despite Sam's occasional cackling glee at futzing with contestants, that he's generally too affable and nice to be Taskmaster.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So how is Dimension 20 this season? I bailed out early because all the high school stress was hitting way too close to home and I didn't want to have nightmares about failing Math again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

tsob posted:

If Sam was the Taskmaster of a US production, who would be his Alex Horne? I think given his personality that he'd need someone a bit more impish and chaotic, so I'd think Emily; she's not actually part of Dropout as such though. I'd also wonder how his wife would do in the role.

I almost think Katie would do better as the stern, overbearing Taskmaster (Taskmistress?) though, honestly. I think despite Sam's occasional cackling glee at futzing with contestants, that he's generally too affable and nice to be Taskmaster.

It's Grant

It's just Grant, there are other very strong answers but Grant is the only correct answer