Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Forgot to mention this earlier (there's like 6 hours to go on the campaign now, whoops) but we funded both the campaign and the first stretch goal, so there's gonna be some more OST on the horizon :sotw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey folks. We've been writing new Traits to put in Stories From L5, but I am running low on ideas. Are there any specific types/styles of Traits people would like to see? (Not asking anyone to write them for us here, I'm just after a general idea of what sort of new character options people want.)

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Ettin posted:

Hey folks. We've been writing new Traits to put in Stories From L5, but I am running low on ideas. Are there any specific types/styles of Traits people would like to see? (Not asking anyone to write them for us here, I'm just after a general idea of what sort of new character options people want.)

I would love more stuff that helps you be some form of doctor/nurse. There's the street medic talent, but as soon as I saw the basic gist of community-focused, progressive cyberpunk I wanted to play a doctor who'd washed out of corp life and continued a practice out of the side of someone's house in a run-down neighbourhood and I was surprised there wasn't really anything I could put toward that.

I'm not 100% sure what "talents for medics" might look like in this context, because street medic does indeed let you staple someone back together, but something for longer term healing, helping with cybernetics adjustments, or making chemical-based gear, maybe?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hey folks! While I've been working on the scenario Kickstarter, Freyja put together a small expansion: The Cat!

It has rules for playing a cat, plus a little sneak preview of upcoming content :ssh:

If you're interested you can grab it on itch.io and DTRPG!

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Dragonkid11's video on the cat has prompted me to actually get around to buying this. Is there any practical way to get a hardcover copy in the UK, other than print on demand?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Talkie Toaster posted:

Dragonkid11's video on the cat has prompted me to actually get around to buying this. Is there any practical way to get a hardcover copy in the UK, other than print on demand?

Studio 2 Publishing sells our print copies, but they're in the US. Some game stores stock from Studio 2 so it might be worth asking the stores in your area whether they carry it. If you can't find one in a UK store by the end of this week send me a PM though, I'm currently waiting to find out if the folks who distributed copies to UK backers still have spares left :ssh:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I have a question on character levels. The wording of character creation left us pretty unclear on whether characters are supposed to have talents equal to their level, or if they gain an additional talent at level one. This is because it states both to take a talent, and additionally to take everything in the first occupation box.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

I have a question on character levels. The wording of character creation left us pretty unclear on whether characters are supposed to have talents equal to their level, or if they gain an additional talent at level one. This is because it states both to take a talent, and additionally to take everything in the first occupation box.

You get one from being level 1, then a second from the First Occupation box. (You get one from the box because that lets us/anyone who makes a homebrew class lock in a Talent when it feels required, like with Operator!)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I've finished a year long campaign of Hard Wired Island finally. We had a blast.
In my opinion the overall system is a bit weak, but the incredible setting details compensate for it.
I certainly appreciated that there were categories of actions for stealth and social interactions, but I struggled with the fact that each player was able to completely overwhelm a specific aspect of the system. The fighter couldn't be opposed by any enemy, the influencer ended up unfathomably wealthy, but ultimately it was fine because I preferred telling a hopefully story to a dreary one.

I made a bunch of building layouts in Dungeon Scrawler, including Max Babylon's streamer house (based on a real streamer house), Jeverett Horne's penthouse, the sight of an illegal underground tournament run by the Joe Rogan expy, and the top floor of the Ministerial Ward. I thought I'd share them.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bjyFwDRVyqgH7omKACKHZENN3ux0quHT?usp=sharing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stories from L5 just hit Backerkit for the people who preordered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
neon shudder just dropped the Tales From L5 OST, which means the Tales From L5 KS is finally wrapping. (Check BackerKit if you backed that!)

Now to do something else and not think about Grand Cross for a few months :dance: