Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Castle Dracula… Home for centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampires, the Counts of Dracula!

Legend has it that these foul beings can only be slain by a stake through the heart or exposure to sunlight. This does not suffice however, for they may be brought back to life through the use of a secret rite... usually done by villainous upstarts, but this time... performed by the mad genius, Doctor Frankenstein!

The latest reincarnation of Count Dracula did not go according to the usual plan for the Doctor chose to use the finest tomato ketchup ever conceived instead of blood, causing this incarnation of the dreaded Count Dracula to be…
VEGETARIAN!

The doctor then described the true reason for Dracula’s resurrection! To take over the world? To be the central antagonist into a series of video games? To be a cereal mascot? NO!
TO STAR IN THE ALL-MONSTER ROCK BAND: MEGA FRANKENSTEIN! To tour the world using the count's miraculous travelling castle!

The foppish new count, thirsting for fame and fortune, eagerly agreed to the scheme; it was a lot better gig than being killed repeatedly by legendary vampire hunters and occasionally his own son. After all, world conquest eventually boils down to having to manage the moronic masses. Being rich and famous would have all the perks of world domination without any of the responsibility!

And so, assembling a fresh new rock band, MEGA FRANKENSTEIN was formed and began to use the Count’s miraculous travelling castle to tour the world! And should they encounter any real trouble, they can always form the giant and mighty MEGA MONSTER to put an end to serious threats!

This is…

ROCK! MEGA FRANKENSTEIN!

You will primarily assume the role of IGOR, Doctor Frankenstein’s trusted assistant.

Ingrid “IGOR” Lugosi

Formerly deformed and now cybernetically enhanced, the doctor recognized Igor’s intelligence at an early age and has since taken her as a ward of Frankenstein, teaching her mad, mad science and appreciation for the strange and macabre. Her blind eye has been replaced and her deformed back now works to hold a storage device for fresh parts. She is effectively the Doctor’s primary representative and brains of the band (with spares, should they need them).

Band role: Special/Roadie. Igor does not perform but is more hands-on than a manager would be.
Weapon: Mark XIII Needler Gun, a kind of flechette firearm.

Adventuring abilities:
• An all-around party member; not quite a brute but much tougher than a caster.
• Can heal and revive fallen band members -- but not in battle.
• Can debuff enemies with her Needler by using ammo with a chemical payload.
• Is the only character who can retrieve parts for use in upgrades.

The band also begins with...

Count Vlad "Drac" Dracula

Formerly dead, and even more formerly a vicious blood thirsty vampire, now a vegetarian “vampire” who can combat the sun’s rays with a good SPF sunscreen who prefers to write music and be adored by fans. Foppish and a bit cowardly due to no longer possessing the strength of his former self, the count is still nigh unkillable as he simply regenerates regardless of the damage received. Dracula can also transform into a fruit bat.

Band role: Keyboards and song writer.
Weapon: Keytarsword. Performs poorly as keytar or a sword, effectively an awkward club. Drac refuses to entertain the idea that his weapon is in fact ridiculous trash.

Adventuring abilities:
• Regeneration. In a pinch, Drac can be used to disarm traps but it's not very nice.
• Will self-resurrect upon taking lethal damage. The Count will only be out a couple of rounds if slain in combat.
• A natural aggro-magnet. For some reason, combatants always shoot for him first. It’s probably the pompadour.
• Quick.

The band also has four more monster members. Choose between two options for each musical role, keeping in mind what each potential band member brings to the table in terms of personality, utility and combat ability. The band will be decided by a combination of popular vote and party balance; if votes are close a band member may be selected based on who provides a utility the party lacks. Feel free to not only say who you would choose, but why as this input will help shape the story.

CHOOSE YOUR VOCALIST

CHOOSE YOUR LEAD GUITAR

CHOOSE YOUR BASS GUITAR

CHOOSE YOUR DRUMMER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A C E H

So Nem, Sami, Charlie, and Tarro.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Shinarato posted:

A C E H

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A C E G

All the ladies :wink:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Lux Animus posted:

A C E G

Sure, why not?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Vody

Sami

Jim

Tarro

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Toughy posted:

Vody

Sami

Jim

Tarro

Sounds good to me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nem, Dram, Jim, Tarro

This rocks, really excited to see where it goes!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Shinarato posted:

A C E H

THIS.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Vody, Sami, Charlie and Bonnie

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Vody dram Jim tarro

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Podima posted:

Nem, Dram, Jim, Tarro

This rocks, really excited to see where it goes!

I'm happy for excitement! So far the only character with a serious lead is Sami; my plan is to move forward with character introductions as strong leads are secured. I'm not sure how long to leave voting for but probably I'll just close it when the votes stop coming and won't be going longer than Saturday, whatever comes first. Afterwards I hope to keep up a daily schedule but it really depends on lockdown.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Vody, Dram, Jim and Bonnie

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Nem, Dram, Charlie, Bonnie

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Toughy posted:

Vody

Sami

Jim

Tarro

This

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

vorebane posted:

Nem, Dram, Charlie, Bonnie

This

I love the character designs

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lux Animus posted:

A C E G

I vote This, and drac is bi. No cishet men allowed.

And drac's keytarsword would work much better if it were a keytarkeyblade, but he's not powerful enough for that yet.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Elfface posted:

I vote This, and drac is bi. No cishet men allowed.

And drac's keytarsword would work much better if it were a keytarkeyblade, but he's not powerful enough for that yet.

Technically speaking Dram like most devils in this setting has an alien biology. Those extra faces are not clothing, and that includes the one that forms Dram's right wrist. If you ask "Does that make Dram's right hand a tongue" the answer is "How are you defining tongue in this instance?"

https://medium.com/lessons-from-history/why-did-medieval-devils-have-faces-on-their-groins-knees-or-butts-3a8b5d1bf978

However Sami now has 10 votes to Dram's 5, so we can assume she is the chosen lead guitar if no one objects. I'll colour her in and go into more detail about who she is while the voting continues.

Nem has a 3 vote lead on Vody.
Charlie has a 3 vote lead on Jim.
Tarro has a single vote lead on Bonnie.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Sami is a rat cryptid. Her people are secretive and cautious, generally avoiding polite society. She stands at about 149 cm (4 ft 11 in) tall. She is excellent at climbing walls and moving quietly, and combined with her knowledge of picking locks and hotwiring she is a natural rogue although she does not know how to pick pockets. She can pass for human with the right accessories (sunglasses, gloves, loose clothing, etc) and knows how to fast talk, although this works better on other streetwise people than on figures of authority.

When partying she prefers soft like marijuana and alcohol, although she also enjoys pipe tobacco and cigars. Neither drugs nor alcohol have a lasting effect on her as she heals extremely rapidly and this seems to include an immunity to disease and a high resistance to poisons.

Her favourite artists are Rufus Wainwright, Leanard Cohen, and Alanis Morissette.

Her guitar is some kind of artefact and she can use it to conjure explosive firestorms in combat as well as buff her allies. It is also a surprisingly effective and sharp melee weapon.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So she takes inspiration from Leonard Cohen? Oh that's just awesome. With the others it sounds like She's a very technical artist rather than a shredder.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

SAMI is now locked in as Lead Guitar.

A few weeks ago the doctor had asked Igor to post a few help wanted ads up online for some monster rock musicians, apparently assuming that not only do monsters have Internet access but also respond to want ads. Madness is as madness does as Sami the rat-cryptid knocked on the castle doors.

As proof that she was the real deal as opposed to a human poser, she flipped her tail between her legs and invited Igor to give it a yank. Igor declined and invited her in. After demonstrating her guitar skills, she was accepted as the lead guitar. Now that the castle has arrived at the city of Singersong for their first gig, it was time to fetch her for the planned photo op with the mayor.

Igor can hear Sami practicing one of the band’s songs as she knocks on the door.

“Hey, c’mon in,”

Sami has set up her room into an orderly collection of piles. Spare shirts in one pile, spare pants in another, spare undergarments in yet another. Sami’s garbage pile seems to be sorted as well – glass, metals and organics all neatly contained in various makeshift bins. More bins than what was originally in her room. More trash than she could have generated herself. Igor considers that perhaps the castle needs a recycling program and that Sami should be in charge of it.

Sami herself is practicing in front of a large mirror brought from her home; its modern style clashes with the rest of the old fashioned room but she was insistent on having it. When Igor enters she stops and sets her guitar down.

“Yes Ma’am?”

Igor explains they have arrived at their destination and that the Singersong mayor would like a photo op with the band.

Sami gave out a loud, irritated sigh.

“Fun. You know this punt’s game?”

Sami had her own slang and while Igor didn’t know the exact definition of “punt” she had a pretty good idea.

“It’s just a photo op, Sami. Also you can call me Igor,”

“OK Igor. Yeah, I’ll try to behave,” she smirked.

Getting Sami to behave could be as simple as just keeping an eye on her as she always seemed to be extremely well mannered around Igor. While she had to get the rest of the band moving, she did have time to ask Sami about one thing she was curious about and decided...
• To ask about Sami’s kind.
• To pull her tail.
• To ask about her recycling project.
• Nothing for now.
• Something else: ___________________

(You can still vote on the Vocalist, Bass and Drummer until Igor moves to meet one of them)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Recycling!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
> Ask about rat cryptid people

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Lux Animus posted:

> Ask about rat cryptid people

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Recycling!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Recycling is what interests her, lets see why

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pull her tail because that's not creepy or annoying at all. It's for (mad) SCIENCE!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

jng2058 posted:

Recycling!

+1

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Let's recycle!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

So I see you're interested in recycling, did you want to start a program for the castle?

Sami: What? NO! Do I look like a dustman to you? Do you think I...

She seems to catch herself mid-sentence.

Sami: ... actually yeah, I'd like that. Look, it's really more force of habit, aight? Humanity throws away a lot of stuff that can be reused and when you're always in the shadows you don't waste anything. I can contact my people to have the stuff removed, and we'll take just about anything short of medical waste.

New information: Rat-People Cryptids

Going by the term "Borrowers" or "Littles" -- both terms taken from popular media -- the rat cryptids are formerly categorized as a type of "goblin", a term given to any small humanoids that live outside of human civilization. Reports of their sightings normally come from areas near dumps, abandoned mines and quarries. Sami isn't very forthcoming about exactly where her people live which is understandable given they get shot at a lot and are blamed (like most goblins) for various thefts. As such, a rogue's set of skills are assumed to be common amongst borrowers.

Who should Igor talk to next?
- The Vocalist (will lock in Nem as the vocalist, leading by 3 votes)
- The Bassist (will lock in Charlie as the bassist, leading by 3 votes)
- The Drummer (will lock in Tarro who is leading by 1 vote and consequently Nem will be your vocalist as she's both leading and will provide healing utility)

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

The drummer!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Everyone knows that The Bassist is the most important part of a band

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vocalist! We need our leading performers to mesh well!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Tarro!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

vocalist can't play without some pipes on hand!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bassist!

Yes I'm tying it up again, what of it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bassist

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Vocalist