Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

CHARLIE has been locked in as the BASSIST with a 3 vote lead.

As Igor steps close to Charlie’s room, the door opens on its own. On closer inspection, threads glisten around its edges and there are a number of similar strands underfoot. Charlie probably detected her when she stepped on them.

“Hi Igor, c’mon in,”

Charlie’s room is full of silken cords of varying thickness. Charlie is meticulously practicing the band’s latest song. As she only has three fingers on her most human-like hands, she needs to employ one of her extra arms to hit all the chords. Igor explains they’ve landed at Singersong and have an appointment for a photo-op with the mayor.

Charlie nods and continues to play a few more bars before her left ear twitches in thought.

“Did you check to see if he is arachnophobic?”

“He’s seen pictures, if he can’t stand the heat he shouldn’t have invited the kitchen,”

She smiles in response but otherwise keeps to her playing.

Charlie is extremely low maintenance and well behaved and as a result Igor knows very little about her. She’s got time for a quick question before gathering the rest of the band, and she decided:
• To ask about her kind.
• Why she decided to play bass.
• If her silk is edible.
• Nothing for now.
• Something else:____________________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is the silk edible?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"what does your sweat taste like ha ha asking for a friend"

Ask why she took up bass.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C...can I eat your silk?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Why she decided to play bass.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Bass

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Igor: Charlie, do you mind if I ask why you decided to play bass? Just curious.

Charlie doesn't stop her practice, but the four smaller eyes in her forehead blink in a cascading effect as if considering the question, then she tilts her head to show that while she's still playing she is paying attention.

Charlie: You mean the old trope of "Nobody loves the bassist"? I'm a 2 meter tall arachnid-woman, I stand out enough as is. From experience sometimes bad things happen to people in spotlights. Sami looks capable of dealing with it though.

Igor waits for a moment but Charlie doesn't continue.

Igor: ... that's it? Don't you enjoy it?

Charlie: Of course I enjoy it. I've done lead and I like bass better, it's less fiddly. At most only four fingers per hand. I read the sensations better on bass as well.

She wriggles the ... fingers? fangs? ... of her large upper arms.

Charlie: I can feel the vibrations through the silk better with bass too.

Igor nods and moves on to let the next band member know they've arrived.

She decided to check on...
• The Vocalist (will set NEM as the Vocalist)
• The Drummer (will set TARRO as the Drummer and Nem as the Vocalist)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Drummer

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Can't do vocals without a good drummer

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Need to check on the voice Plus theres still a chance we get Bonnie.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vocalist

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Since the votes are currently tied and Nem still has a solid lead we'll move forwards and lock her in as the vocalist.

Bonnie will need 3 votes to defeat Tarro.

Nem is chatting with someone when Igor approaches her door, but it’s not a language Igor is familiar with. She knocks a couple of times.

“Come in,”

Nem is by the windowsill. On the dresser by her bed is a stack of books she borrowed from the doctor’s library, although Igor can’t read the subjects from where she stands. A crow is perched on her arm.

“Ms. Lugosi, what brings you here?”

Igor smiles slightly and shakes her head.

Igor: Nem, you can just call me ‘Igor’ like everyone else.

“I’m sorry Ms. Igor it just seems a bit improper when we don’t know each other very well,”

“I call you Nem,”

“You’re an established person of respect though,”

This makes Igor smirk because Nem’s probably the only person in the world who might say that, except perhaps the Doctor on a good day. Not that the others were rude but Igor never got the feeling they viewed her as a special person of respect.

“Ms. Igor?”

“Sorry Nem, momentary lapse in concentration. We’re at Singersong and we will be meeting with the mayor for a photo op,”

“Oh! I’m glad I packed something a little more formal,”

“Nem, you need to look like a rock star. Put on something sexy or striking,”

Nem tilts her head to one side.

Nem: “Oh. I would have thought that a mayor would want a more formal arrangement. Politicians are shy and easily frightened, aren’t they?”

“Yes but this one’s trying to look cool,”

Nem blinks.

“But he’s a politician,”

“It’s fine Nem, just put on something you’d wear while performing,”

“All right Ms. Igor,”

“And just call me Igor,”

“OK m-Igor,”

Igor had time for a quick question if she wanted to and decided…
• To ask Nem if she was talking to the crow.
• To suggest an outfit for Nem.
• To ask what books she’s reading.
• Nothing for now.
• Something else: ______________

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
We know drat well she was talking to the crow.

> Suggest an outfit / play dress-up

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Fashion Souls is the true meaning of ROCK

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Book

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bird

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Igor: If you're worried about what to wear, why not dress up like ______________ for the meeting?

You'll have to supply a rock star suggestion; Nem will go with the one she prefers over the popular vote however.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
> Lavish Fortuneteller

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

David Bowie

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

> Lavish Fortuneteller

+1

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Toughy posted:

David Bowie as a lavish fortuneteller

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

It occurs to Igor that while having Nem dressing up as a lavish fortune teller version of David Bowie might be interesting, she probably is going to need some visual aids, especially since while she can sing she isn't experienced in show business.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Goblin king Bowie

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I imagine fortune teller David Bowie is similar, but with a hooded cape and his crystal balls are always floating around him.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Nem looks a bit confused but she says she'll give it a shot.

After Igor talks to the band's drummer, when she returns she finds Nem has changed and is wearing this:

Nem: IS this something a rock star wears? Mr. Bowie is... very fae-like. I am not wearing tights however; they are extremely difficult to get on my legs and I am not shaving them. Everyone wears kilts where I come from.

Igor considers asking Nem where she found the outfit on such short notice but then figures it's some faerie-trick and she doesn't really care. What's more important is...

Y. Nem should absolutely wear something like that outfit to meet the mayor.
N. Nem should absolutely not wear that outfit to meet the mayor. Nem will wear a similar outfit to her card.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Y

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Y~

very bohemian

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Double Y

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Y

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Y

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Tarro: "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matthew 7:3 – KJV"
Clearly this means that within the eye contains the true birth of construction! That I should not attempt to use the sleep residue from my brother’s eyes when there is a veritable full wooden beam in my own eyes! Or… that do not envy the dust of your brother’s eyes when your own are full of wood! There was… something about sinning and eyes. So if your eyes create unlawful wood, you should remove them? No. Maybe I should appreciate the sun that gleams from my eyes and not pay so much attention to the gunk in my brother’s? Should I be sharing my eye gunk with the less fortunate?

Tarro looks over.

Tarro: “Oh, hello Igor. I’m just studying the good word,”

Igor opens her mouth to comment then decides against it.

Igor: “We’re at Singersong, Tarro. The mayor would like a photo op,”

Tarro: OK

Tarro thinks for a moment.

Tarro: Is he Christian? Should I give him the secret fish sign?

Tarro is one of the Doctor’s projects. The tarasque was responsible for several disappearances in Southern France and resilient to even potent modern weaponry, but when it tried to eat Dracula he regenerated while it was trying to swallow and it promptly choked to death. For some reason the Doctor pickled the monster’s brain in holy water and sacred wine before restoring it to life, but it effectively cured the creature of its murderous tendencies. Tarro retains his massively durable hide but he has an obsession with the bible and his own extremely unique way of interpreting it. Igor’s not quite sure if Tarro was always like this, if it was due to his brain being pickled, or the resurrection process.

Tarro doesn’t have an issue eating people in self-defence but he does insist on saying “Grace” first.

Before Igor left, she answered Tarro’s question in regards to the “secret fish sign” to which she said:
• A. Sure.
• B. No, it’s not necessary.
• C. Tell Tarro that rock bands just generally stick to the “Peace” sign.
• D. Show Tarro the peace gesture and tell him to use that instead.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
The existence of option D implies that C could lead to a mix-up if we don't show him what a peace sign looks like.

C

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

A

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

E. Tell him it is the peace sign but show him the rock and roll horns!!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

A - If only to find out what the "secret fish sign" actually is!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Time to update! Tie vote resolved by RNG and ...

Igor decides to tell Tarro "Sure".

The castle has landed in an open area that seems to be under development. The road that the tour bus will take is barely more than a cow path. There's some basic plastic mesh fencing set around the castle -- presumably to keep anyone from getting killed when the castle teleports in -- and there's a small line of cop cars preventing a small group of protestors from getting too close.

Outside the castle Igor sees that the mayor and entourage have arrived and are invited inside to interview the band

Since she's not needed for the photo op, she decides to investigate what the protest is about.

However, on the way there a COP blocks the way, explaining that there's no need to give the protestors any attention.

Nem sees Igor's predicament and uses her FAERIE CHARM!

COP was CHARMED! The cop doesn't prevent Igor from investigating the protest. Being even more intrigued as to why they'd try to prevent her engaging with the protestors, Igor decides that she'll ask about what 'secret fish sign' Tarro gave the mayor later and in the meantime she'll see what the problem is with the protestors.

As she lumbers over to the protestors, their leader -- a youngish woman with thick black glasses and shoulder-length chestnut hair -- steps forward.

The signs have slogans like:
"NO CIRCUS OR HUNT WILL SAVE OUR CITY"
"MEGA DISTRACTION NO SOLUTION"
"CLOSE THE QUARRY"
"NO CIRCUS NO HUNT NO QUARRY"

Igor: Hey, what's with the protest?

Young Woman: We're protesting the mayor's fussing over the concert instead of dealing with the problem at the quarry. My name's Suzanne Dewey, are you with Mega Frankenstein?

Igor: Don't I look like I'm part of Mega Frankenstein? I'm Igor. What's the problem with our concert?

Suzanne: I'm sorry, I didn't want to assume...

Igor: Seriously, it's fine. I'm kinda aware I'm a hunchback and I have a gimpy walk. If it makes you feel any better I've had surgery and it's now storage space.

Suzanne: ... storage?

Igor reconsiders telling her that she uses the storage space to collect fresh organs from slain monsters and ... anyone else who dies messing with the band.

Igor: I'm also dressed like a lab assistant. Look, enough about freaks like me -- why don't you like our concert?

Suzanne: It's not really your concert that's the problem. The problem is that instead of dealing with the quarry and the abandoned mine, the mayor's invited Mega Frankenstein to perform. You know that there's monster hunters here, right?

Igor: No, I didn't. We're legal non-humans here. Why would monster hunters be in town? What's the deal with the quarry and abandoned mine?

Suzanne: Nobody's told you? You've not heard?

Igor: We just landed from Transylvania.

Suzanne: I'm sorry. Well, apparently the local quarry went and woke up some Goblin King and ever since then we've had to deal with strict curfew on sundown because there's a risk of goblin attack at night. A lot of people have gone missing by the quarry and the abandoned mine, including cops. The fact that some of the monster hunters have vanished has just seemed to attracted bigger ones. We need the military down here and we're afraid that your concert will just attract more goblin trouble from the noise.

Igor: Oy.

Suzanne: I'm sorry, you know what I mean. Loud sounds. The blasting in the quarry woke up the Goblin King, music blasting from town's just going to attract more trouble don't you think?

Igor ponders this.

Igor: That is kind of weird, especially considering we only do night concerts. Sunlight doesn't hurt Drac like you think it might but he still prefers the dark. Also I'm not doubting your story but I've never heard of stone goblins.

Suzanne shrugs helplessly.

Suzanne: I'm not an expert, it's just what I've been told. Goblins. They could be trolls or um...

Igor holds her hand up.

Igor: S'ok, everyone just calls ugly creatures 'goblins' if they don't know what they are and 'fairies' if they're pretty. I'm gonna go out on a limb though and say you're probably not far off guessing trolls.

Sounds like there's a mystery in town! When there's a mystery and monsters it sounds like a job for Mega Frankenstein!

New Locations to Investigate:
- The Quarry
- The Abandoned Mine

New suspects added:
- Suzanne Dewey.
- Mayor Zed Comiskey (you've not met him yet but he was mentioned to Igor, and now that she knows there's a mystery he is a suspect)

New Monsters
- The Goblin King
- The "Rock Goblins"

Igor thought about what to do next. She decided:

A. Continue to interview Suzanne. Ask about her crew, find out what else she knows about the Quarry and Abandoned Mine.
B. Talk to the Mayor, hear his side of the story.
C. Keep a low profile. Wait until after the photo op to gather the band and investigate the Quarry.
D. Keep a low profile. Wait until after the photo op, gather the band and investigate the Abandoned Mine.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

B

really loving the ongoing artwork goodness too btw