Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Maybe Archaon can just be happy he killed off the old world entirely he already won a big one so let him eat poo poo for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah, like Settrus.

Who sadly got punked by Mannfred. :(

Even if it feels like they've been moving further and further away from that as the editions progress. But that might change with 4e for all we know.

Settrus was confirmed to not be Settra wasn't he? Nagash was actually afraid of him until they met face to face and Nagash realized it was a trick Sigmar played by naming him that.

I know Geld was confirmed to be a stormcast too, mightve been the same book.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I actually think Be'lakor is the more fun Chaos top dog in the same way that Starscream is a more fun character than Megatron

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

I choose to believe that Nakai is presently walking over from the Old World, it's just going to take him a while :colbert:.

Why yes, I did get into Warhammer via Total War, why do you ask.

I think it is a big miss that GW is not synergizing better with the game, because it is awesome and attracts new players. But it is a huge bummer if you want to play Cathay or Chaos Dwarfs, like if they are your favorite faction from the game.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

The concept art someone posted earlier looks more like Chaos Warriors But Good which is more appealing to me than the 1.0 stormcast which look like fantasy space marines designed for 4:3 and stretched to widescreen.

Some of the older stormcast sculpts are awesome though, I really like the evocators on celestial dracolines, amazing poses.

I think almost all of the 1.0 stormcast look really good. But the Liberators, i.e the poster boy iconic ones, are loving terrible.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

Al-Saqr posted:

Looking at art of warhammer fantasy i really prefer sigmar looking like conan the barbarian than how he currently looks.

In WHFB he had the benefit of visibly pre-dating the Empire as the ancient barbarian whose descendants wore puffy sleeves. That was always fun, like how parts of the 6th ed rulebook were meant to look like antiquated bits of the Bayeaux tapestry and older than the early modern landsknecht dudes.

In AoS, well, visually he’s just Marvel’s Thor/Odin in a faction of largely the same kind of dudes. Very neat, very generic big armoured god.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Settrus was confirmed to not be Settra wasn't he? Nagash was actually afraid of him until they met face to face and Nagash realized it was a trick Sigmar played by naming him that.

I know Geld was confirmed to be a stormcast too, mightve been the same book.

Mannfred but yeah.

Balthazar Gelt is now Balthas Aurum of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GhastlyBizness posted:

In WHFB he had the benefit of visibly pre-dating the Empire as the ancient barbarian whose descendants wore puffy sleeves. That was always fun, like how parts of the 6th ed rulebook were meant to look like antiquated bits of the Bayeaux tapestry and older than the early modern landsknecht dudes.

In AoS, well, visually he’s just Marvel’s Thor/Odin in a faction of largely the same kind of dudes. Very neat, very generic big armoured god.

He's actually not that big (most of the time). He normally appears as the same size he did in life and he was around normal height. There was a story where one Stormcast was talking with him, and he felt a bit awkward looking down on his god.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

He's actually not that big (most of the time). He normally appears as the same size he did in life and he was around normal height. There was a story where one Stormcast was talking with him, and he felt a bit awkward looking down on his god.

Sigmar is Danny Devito confirmed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not much longer till the preview starts.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
"Immortality is a Curse"

oh yeah we getting some hosed up Stormcast

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Might as well provide a link to the stream, since it starts in 10-ish minutes.

And the live blog page:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-2024-this-is-everything-we-revealed-at-the-latest-warhammer-preview-show/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Eagerly awaiting the final push to start playing Seraphon AoS.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Just got out of the Adepticon preview. Everything there was pretty cool.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Meanwhile the stream has hit the first Aos Reveal, with Ossiach Bonelords versus Thorny trees for Warcry.

There are multiple bone cats. Three of them.
And bone bats.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-preview-twisted-followers-of-alarielle-and-nagash-battle-in-briar-and-bone/

On the Underworlds front we have a new box featuring FEC, and some absolutely baller Flagellants. Like holy hell.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/adepticon-preview-zealots-and-butchers-clash-in-the-frozen-gullet-of-wintermaw/

On the regular AoS side we have Abraxia, Spear of the Everchosen, a female chaos lord that is also part of the Varangian guard.
And she'll be coming with the last Dawnbringers book.
https://www.warhammer-community.com...ringers-series/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 21, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Leader of the Varanguard.

She rides a dinosaur.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Yup, shocking nobody it’s 4th, and the skaven are back in a big way

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And surprising no one, AoS 4th got dropped.

The trailer has a badass Stormcast lady. :3:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Blight City has emerged from the Realm of Chaos into the Great Parch covering a third of it.

Edit: Also the Hallowed Knights are the focus Stormhost not the Hammers of Sigmar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ground up rewrite for the rules for the first time since first edition.

Edit: Combat Range instead of Weapon Ranges.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

no more weapon ranges - “combat range” is now 3”

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Indexes confirmed basically

also as sick as the trailer was the Ruination Chamber for SCE just seems like more of the same, especially compared to the insane poo poo Skaven are getting, I was hoping for something a little spicier than another set of up-armored SCE who are even more badass, was hoping for a little more obviously hosed up SCE tbh

either way I'm feeling vindicated in switching over to S2D

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Some Universal Special Rules coming. Also Color Coded abilities so you know when they can be used.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Some Universal Special Rules coming. Also Color Coded abilities so you know when they can be used.

if they're handled more like 40k 10th than 30k this should be an huge positive

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Hooray, combat ranges are fixed!

Boo, USRs!

Yay, ratvalry!

Boo, Just Bigger Paladins.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

USRs are good, ask anyone playing 40k 10th right now

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSiQ8lG0fs

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/21/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-is-reforged-for-an-incredible-new-edition/

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 21, 2024

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
If they’re going for “simplifying” AoS (seeing what they did with 40K 10e, I don’t expect anything radical), one thing I’m waiting to see is if they finally lose the double turn. I know a lot of people feel it’s integral to AoS’s identity, but it feels like many more are afraid to even try it from the stories they’ve heard of players getting bulldozed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Desfore posted:

If they’re going for “simplifying” AoS (seeing what they did with 40K 10e, I don’t expect anything radical), one thing I’m waiting to see is if they finally lose the double turn. I know a lot of people feel it’s integral to AoS’s identity, but it feels like many more are afraid to even try it from the stories they’ve heard of players getting bulldozed.

I feel like this would be a principal reveal item. Like not saying it won't happen but doing some corny "dreaded double turn" thing would generate a bit of buzz along with the other rules.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Desfore posted:

Getting rid of the double turn would make the game worse but it's such a meme among people who don't play AOS as a shorthand for "AOS sucks" that it would probably be a good business move.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Did they not reveal any of the Stormcast or Skaven models yet? I can't find 'em on the page.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Make all games alternating activation bing bong.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Did they not reveal any of the Stormcast or Skaven models yet? I can't find 'em on the page.

The only things we have seen are the animated ones in the trailer. There's a big skaven gun that lines up with the leaked sprue at least.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Genuinely surprised they didnt show off anything about the box or minis or anything like that. I could be sold on getting the launch box if its a good deal.

But hey! Spearheads! exactly what i was hoping for, will definitely pick up a couple boxes+core rules when launch time hits if im in good shape.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Getting rid of the double turn would make the game worse but it's such a meme among people who don't play AOS as a shorthand for "AOS sucks" that it would probably be a good business move.
Noone read the article?

"On top of all that, there are modular rules, plenty more opportunities for reactivity in your opponent’s turn via an updated system of command points and abilities, and a ton of tweaks and refinements – not least to the double turn, which has been fine-tuned into a knife-edge decision with a clever twist to scoring. Put simply, it is the best edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar yet."

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, good.

I'm tentatively excited. Their game design has been on a definite upward trend, and I think the new core rules will almost definitely be an improvement.

I'm ambivalent on Indexhammer though. Going by how 10th Ed 40k has gone, I'm sure six months down the road it will be great, but it will be a super rough few months for balance immediately afterwards.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I could almost swear that they reused the 10th ed reveal article for AoS because the language used feels remarkably similar.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
I stayed up way too late on a school night but I'm pretty hyped for AOS right now. The Skaven cinematic promised all sorts of new ratty weirdos and the Ratling Gun tank running over one of their own crew while laughing was just perfect.

With them doing a complete redo of the rules, I really hope some things get ironed out a bit further. Magic and Prayers always felt like a leftover from the previous editions and never fully fleshed out. I'd like leaders and how they interact with units to be streamlined as well. They brought up the Double Turn aspect as being very different and a bit of gambit, so I'm curious to see what happens with that.

It's going to be a slow day for my students, but I'm really excited to what changes. AOS is in a pretty good place right now as it is, so refinements are what I'm looking for.

Edit: Clan Morsqueak is ready for war against the new Stormcast!

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 21, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yeah I'm pretty sold on trying AoS now, I just need to figure out the best entry point in terms of spearheads.

however if the launch box is a spectacular deal then maybe that will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I hope they vary up the tome release order so FEC don’t get screwed every edition