Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

You also get to destroy an objective if you go second on round 3.
This is only if your battle is located in the Realm of Ghur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Floppychop posted:

It's not even sold anymore, so my guess is that at best it will get a legends entry.

Yeah but that seems to go for all the non-aligned ones as well.
So I'd assume there's going to be a new box for them or something.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah but that seems to go for all the non-aligned ones as well.
So I'd assume there's going to be a new box for them or something.

They're still on the store, just temporarily out of stock
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-Of-Sigmar-Malign-Sorcery-2018-eng

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Beerdeer posted:

Look what they did to my poor Legion army :(

Is this actually official because I have bought a ton of Legions of Nagash and I do not want to play with vampires for them.

Am I now being required to play with vampires and poo poo? Are they truly not going to be separate anymore?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah. I just searched for endless spells. :doh:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Darius099 posted:

Is this actually official because I have bought a ton of Legions of Nagash and I do not want to play with vampires for them.

Am I now being required to play with vampires and poo poo? Are they truly not going to be separate anymore?

Yeah, Legions of Nagash is super gone. It's vampires all the way down, baybeeeee

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Rules question:
Archaon is (among other things), Demon, Khorne, Mortal, and Slaves to Darkness.

Chaos Lord's command ability reads:

quote:

You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly MORTAL SLAVES TO DARKNESS unit wholly within 12" of a friendly model with this command ability. After that unit has fought in that phase for the first time, when it is your turn to pick a unit to fight with later in the same phase, that unit can be selected to fight for a second time if it is within 3" of any enemy units. The same unit cannot benefit from this command ability more than once per turn.

Khorne Reapers of Vengenace faction command ability reads:

quote:

Leave None Alive: With a chorus of bestial howls, the Reapers of Vengeance tear their foes apart.
You can use this command ability at the start of the combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly REAPERS OF VENGEANCE DAEMON unit wholly within 8" of a friendly DAEMON model with this command ability. After that unit has fought in the combat phase for the first time, if it is within 3" of an enemy unit it can immediately make a pile-in move and then attack with all of the melee weapons it is armed with for a second time.

Can I use the Reaper's command ability and the Chaos Lord's command ability to make Archaon fight three times - First with his normal activation, then immediately with the Reapers ability, and then a third time when I activate him a second time using the Lord's ability?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
According to 6.1 in the core rules, you can't have a unit receive more than 1 command in a phase, so this doesn't work.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I'm referring to 2.0, we have a final 2.0 tournament this weekend.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
In that case I think that works? I don't have the 2.0 rules to hand.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Have they made available any information on new unit sizes or related changes?

I've got 30 Ossiarch infantry with swords made and another box. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to run two units of 20 or make this other box into spearmen...

Stuff in progress. I finished five of the infantry and a couple of the spells.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 15, 2021

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The glowing eyes is a nice touch

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

GreenMarine posted:

Have they made available any information on new unit sizes or related changes?
Not yet, they should be out with the new General's Handbook.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Wait, you have to subscribe to the newsletter to get the core rules download?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Geisladisk posted:

I'm referring to 2.0, we have a final 2.0 tournament this weekend.

should be kosher.

Just for reference 3.0 specifically limits units to a max of two fight or shoot phase activations (1.6.5).

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Furism posted:

Apparently so but there's still a URL for it floating around.
Here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Cooked Auto posted:

Apparently so but there's still a URL for it floating around.
Here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/fZD0X060Qn7ZO0EE.pdf

Thanks!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Furism posted:

You can also just not check the box.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Yesterday, the tickets for AoS US Open Series in Orlando, FL, New Orleans, LA, and Austin, TX were up and gone in three minutes (apparently)... and I couldn't get one :cry:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/14/get-ready-to-roll-secure-your-us-open-series-ticket-today/

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I've been told AoS (or its attached RPGs) gives some actual depictions of the Chaos gods' positive aspects, in contrast to 40k. I don't play, so I don't know, but is that true and if so where do I go find it?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

SkyeAuroline posted:

I've been told AoS (or its attached RPGs) gives some actual depictions of the Chaos gods' positive aspects, in contrast to 40k. I don't play, so I don't know, but is that true and if so where do I go find it?
Mors Rattus has done writeups for the Chaos Gods as part of his Soulbound review over at FATAL and Friends.

Here are Khorne and Nurgle, and here are Tzeentch and Slaanesh

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

SkyeAuroline posted:

Not sure about Soulbound, but in the Slaves to Darkness Battletome, there're lists of the aspects of the Chaos Gods that different tribes worship and some are a little less blatantly evil than others.

You can find the list of each god's aspects and alternate names in Lexicanum:
https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Elemental_Deity#Chaos_Gods

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

although this is a 40k video, the points made in this video about the Chaos Gods still apply to Age of Sigmar and puts things in perspective pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jnsX77TCU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The novel Shadespire is half from the perspective of a Khorne worshiper and while he's an antagonist it shows him as fundamentally still being a person who is doing the right thing from his perspective, and hell given the events of the novel you can understand why Khorne wants him to kill the protagonist.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SkyeAuroline posted:

For the most part their positive aspects have been surpassed by their negative aspects. Their worshipers may have more nuance and view their patron with positive features. But the Chaos Gods have long been overtaken by their worse natures.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Have GW posted the price for the new set yet?

My flgs mentioned it, it's exactly the same as indomitus was here in aus, which is surprising I expected GW to gouge for more this time around.

They also read out the GW disclaimer that they expect to get hammered, so the store has to order their stock before the official preorders go up :psyduck:

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Eediot Jedi posted:

Have GW posted the price for the new set yet?

My flgs mentioned it, it's exactly the same as indomitus was here in aus, which is surprising I expected GW to gouge for more this time around.

They also read out the GW disclaimer that they expect to get hammered, so the store has to order their stock before the official preorders go up :psyduck:

239.99 CAD here. Indomitus(still on the shelf) is 224.99 CAD.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Fairly sure that indomitus price is a discount. But yeah dunno why I'm being coy. 290 aud.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

neaden posted:

The novel Shadespire is half from the perspective of a Khorne worshiper and while he's an antagonist it shows him as fundamentally still being a person who is doing the right thing from his perspective, and hell given the events of the novel you can understand why Khorne wants him to kill the protagonist.

Spear of Shadows offer something similar as I recall with one PoV being off a Chaos, possibly Khorne, worshipper on the hunt for the plot macguffin.

Then there's also Scourge of Fate that is all about Chaos. Unaligned perhaps but still very much focused on how things work on their side.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SkyeAuroline posted:

This was a thing in the early days of WHFB and it's kind of stuck for a few writers/fans since how things were when you started tends to crystallize a bit.

The idea was that since all magic stems from Chaos and gods are magic the various gods worshipped by man and elf were just different aspects of the big four. Khaine was an aspect of Khorne, The Lady in the Lake/Elven God of Magic was Tzeentch, Elven gods of healing and nature were Nurgle.

The end times book for elves gave it a little lip service but also said it wasn't all true since many Elven gods were ascendant heroes from the last cycle.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lady of the Lake was just some Elf, ultimately.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Just some soggy elf.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The Brettonians should have known wet tarts in lakes were no basis for distributing Gods.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

The Deleter posted:

Yeah, Legions of Nagash is super gone. It's vampires all the way down, baybeeeee

God damnit, why can't I just have my goddamn bonybois. What a loving price to pay for new skeleton sculpts :(

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Darius099 posted:

God damnit, why can't I just have my goddamn bonybois. What a loving price to pay for new skeleton sculpts :(

The books been pulled from the shelves but the army still seems to be legit, I can still build legion lists on the app and it has all the rules there, but the points/warscrolls have been adjusted to the Soulblight ones.

As long as I can still play a Deathrattle army lead by Arkhan I’m right as rain.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I figured out what really bothered me about the switch. Legions was a new way of doing a Death army that felt interesting, with Morghasts and the other cosmic horrors in the same army as your basic skeleton or zombie. With that flavor gone, Soulblight feels like a massive step backwards to Vampire Counts days. You can't do an interesting Death army because it's all siloed to Ghosts or Vamps or Ghouls or Bone Golems.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

For the most part their positive aspects have been surpassed by their negative aspects. Their worshipers may have more nuance and view their patron with positive features. But the Chaos Gods have long been overtaken by their worse natures.

I agree and I think it's mostly an issue with the framing of all these stories. Every rulebook/codex/battletome has always had some little bit where they mention that the Chaos gods have positive aspects, e.g. Khorne can embody martial honour and Tzeentch hope and ambition. But ultimately they're the bad guys of the setting and they need to be cast as threatening and dark. So the metaphysical aspects tend to get lost under a wave of horrible evilness.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Any chance of someone rehosting the rules? My work blocks WHC.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Beerdeer posted:

Any chance of someone rehosting the rules? My work blocks WHC.

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Beerdeer posted:

I figured out what really bothered me about the switch. Legions was a new way of doing a Death army that felt interesting, with Morghasts and the other cosmic horrors in the same army as your basic skeleton or zombie. With that flavor gone, Soulblight feels like a massive step backwards to Vampire Counts days. You can't do an interesting Death army because it's all siloed to Ghosts or Vamps or Ghouls or Bone Golems.

See I didn't find LoN to be all that interesting, it was basically a placeholder book while Death was waiting for its big 2e updates that eventually came and boy did it feel like it. Vampire Counts redux is a significantly more fun and interesting idea than having what was essentially a few extra rules if you did a Grand Alliance Death soup army.

If you really insist on mixing everything together though I still think you can do that under the overarching Grand Alliance Death army.