Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thank goodness for the cast who made the best of it. I did enjoy it even if it didn’t hit highs it could have and if you give it thought you realize it is otherwise generic which continues a trend. But solid action flick.

Pugh is great, really feels like a little sister and compliments Scarlett very well. Both do great with the character moments they get. Harbour adds a lot of personality and the right spice, almost as if he’s from a overall better movie. Rachel isn’t given much and I feel like Winstone kind of phones it in but is effective enough.

big disappointment is that after Ref Guardian faces Taskmaster who is effectively Captain America, after that story and build up, it isn’t really given its own moment to shine and is not dwelled on, it just happens and things move on

I eat crow for not wanting to watch a Marvel flick but I’ve missed movie theaters. I feel like this would have made a better epilogue/prologue after Endgame to cap that whole phase off but Covid.

Here’s hoping next time we see Taskmaster it’s with Reynold’s Deadpool and they let him do his own thing…lol as if Disney would allow justice to film.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Necrothatcher posted:

Do the Black Widows have like, low-level superpowers or something?

In comics? Yeah kind of.

Something established in the movies? I dunno, don’t recall anything being called out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Splint Chesthair posted:

Lmao that Marvel ended another movie with something enormous falling out of the sky.

Also amazed that after all the poo poo with Yelena wanting to kill the head of the Widow program for what he forced her to do, the stinger just has her being a loving hired assassin. Like, she’s got no problem with it as long as she’s getting paid? Or she was just upset that she couldn’t negotiate her own contracts? It made her entire arc feel like a complete waste of time.

It's just like comic books nothing really changes and things get reset by the time the story arc is done. Just the general idea or notion of who the character is - is there that's familiar to audiences.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sir Kodiak posted:

That requires you not to notice that the dude has near a foot on ScarJo and Taskmaster didn't.

Yes but let’s be honest they wouldn’t think that far

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Miching Mallecho posted:

How come the Ray Winstone character didn't have any scars or anything from being exploded by black Widow...also how did he and his daughter survive being in the middle of an explosion?

This movie doesn't make any sense, I'll suspend disbelief because it's taking place a world where a literal thunder god walks around but they don't even try to explain how those two characters survived.

Live Model Decoy…holographic projection and misunderstanding he was actually in the office…Skrull…uh…let me just get some old comics out