Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Permissive pauses: just limit them like timeouts in any other sport and allow one per team for every 20 or 30 minutes of play and limit the total time paused to something reasonable. You can use your pauses for tactical decision making, but then you might get hosed if someone discos and you don't have any pauses left.

I mean this is basically the rules they currently use. EE would openly tactical pause during games all the time and you just type "door" and what are you gonna do? Say "actually I don't think you were answering the door, I demand proof." Punish people for lying about pause reasons? Having a set amount of pause time was the reason that one team had to play a man down in like the semifinals or something for a while when their Axe DCd and they ran out of pause time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think Aui mentioned it but I thought that making it so that anyone can pause but only admins can unpause during pro matches would be a good change

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I mean this is basically the rules they currently use. EE would openly tactical pause during games all the time and you just type "door" and what are you gonna do? Say "actually I don't think you were answering the door, I demand proof." Punish people for lying about pause reasons? Having a set amount of pause time was the reason that one team had to play a man down in like the semifinals or something for a while when their Axe DCd and they ran out of pause time.

If they actually limited pause instances as well as time, then there would be an actual drawback to doing this. And removing the PAUSE ONLY FOR REAL INTERRUPTIVE REASONS thing would make tac pauses an affirmed part of the meta rather than a BS handwave that only advantages the shadier players and teams.

But yeah, I'd rather they just make it so you can't see poo poo during pauses. No more looking at enemy items or getting a chance to regain map awareness.

Grapplejack posted:

I think Aui mentioned it but I thought that making it so that anyone can pause but only admins can unpause during pro matches would be a good change
This would be a good change even if they do nothing else.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 13, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

EEs tactical pausing back in teh day was loving funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how soon we all forget the puppey pause

like it was so blatant the casters would even call it out

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

This would be a good change but there are still admins that sometimes don’t even force a decision. Or maybe that’s changed and now they’re more on point these days

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

how soon we all forget the puppey pause

like it was so blatant the casters would even call it out

I miss Merlini

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/DendiBoss/status/1414962296762343424

:allears:

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Dendi forever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh man. Whatever happened to him? That's a name I haven't heard in such a long time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Think he took a real job or something like that. He still streams dota fairly frequently.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Oh man. Whatever happened to him? That's a name I haven't heard in such a long time.

he got married and had a kid and decided dota wasnt stable enough to support that

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Well that's dumb :colbert: but good for him.

I never got into watching just casual streams of any game. Pro DOTA is the only time I ever go to Twitch

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Just play some Monstercat and stay nearly completely silent while playing dota he’ll be with you, in spirit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

same :smith:

sugar free jazz posted:

Just play some Monstercat and stay nearly completely silent while playing dota he’ll be with you, in spirit

lol

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Merlini streams on the reg and generally later in the night. It's great for putting on in the background while doing other stuff. Thankfully, he has stopped playing that same 3 hour long house music loop.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The "say almost nothing and listen to music" is my favorite genre of dota stream and I largely choose which streams to watch based on music taste, and so it's Bloody9 at the top tier and then everyone else somewhere far below. Lately I've been watching Eosin though because he streams dota for like 11 hours in a row so I can just let it rip all day. I also remember the very very brief period where Mason would stream with no mic and it was a tolerable stream before he decided he wanted to become the next AdmiralBulldog.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
That's the unfortunate thing about Draskyl's stream now: he got spooked by the Twitch DMCA stuff a few months ago so he doesn't have his dadrock playlist anymore.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
If DOTA streamers are scared to play music while live, does that mean Miracle's channel is tolerable now?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Zurreco posted:

If DOTA streamers are scared to play music while live, does that mean Miracle's channel is tolerable now?

It depends on the streamer. Some, like, Synderen play the exact same playlist of DMCA free electronic music every stream, so it's just really horrible. Others, like Gorgc or KheZu, have it set up so that they can play their copyrighted horrible music by having the music on a different audio channel that doesn't get recorded in their video or they just don't have VODs.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The worst offender is Moo who splits his time evenly between playing normal music and listening to the Mario Kart 64 soundtrack on repeat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Incoherence posted:

That's the unfortunate thing about Draskyl's stream now: he got spooked by the Twitch DMCA stuff a few months ago so he doesn't have his dadrock playlist anymore.

ixmike plays incredible amounts of classic rock constantly and seems to get away with it

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pamela Springstein posted:

ixmike plays incredible amounts of classic rock constantly and seems to get away with it

You gonna tell that moustache no?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyKitschyWoodcockSquadGoals-L5OXhQXWsT56f2E8

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What if you played void as a 4 support and stacked auras on him

I know this sounds stupid but it might work better than playing him as a carry because he's currently rear end at that

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Grapplejack posted:

What if you played void as a 4 support and stacked auras on him

I know this sounds stupid but it might work better than playing him as a carry because he's currently rear end at that

iirc ryoya has played void 4 and he goes 1-4-1 skill build and is basically just a chrono bot that bullies fairly well in the lane.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
pos3 void when chrono was on the insane cd with aghs worked really well as the aura bot, hard to gank laner who could bully supports early on and be insane setup later. I think having your pos4 be relatively useless outside of an ult right now is really bad with how the 2nd rosh buyback fiesta for securing the game is right now. Though time dilation is pretty loving strong if you max it for that 2nd rosh fight timer it might be enough to tip the scales, its a hard spell to measure the effect of as it can either seem broken or do nothing depending on how the enemy uses their spells and what heroes they are on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ee is such a broken human being lmao

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

EE is the comic book/anime supervillain that is so farcical that you couldn't really think exists in real life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao holy poo poo, EE is the gift that keeps on giving

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Allow me to make a retort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
Anybody who joins a team with ee at this point (or during the last like 3 years) knows exactly what they’re in for and is just doing it for the memes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

awesmoe posted:

Anybody who joins a team with ee at this point (or during the last like 3 years) knows exactly what they’re in for and is just doing it for the memes

And the exposure.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Moo keeps going back for more. He can't get enough of it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

don't kinkshame

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Flipping around from various streamers over the past couple days, it seems that everyone is in agreement that a patch is coming before the end of the month. The consensus seems to be release is sooner rather than later to give people the most time to practice. Not just regular streamers like Gorgc and B9, but people who are more in-the-know like Purge and Synderen are saying the same thing. Plus, it just makes sense, right? There needs to be a new patch before TI - basically every panelist was saying as much during the quals, at Weplay, and even the Animajor. The need for a patch seems to be the consensus on Reddit, as well. Looking at all the info out there, I'd feel pretty confident in saying that we're not getting another patch until at least January.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Just saw that I’m on the Top posters from last thread list.

Not a proud moment. Better post more. Atomic War is a good custom game.

Hey you should be proud of your shitposting.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Flipping around from various streamers over the past couple days, it seems that everyone is in agreement that a patch is coming before the end of the month. The consensus seems to be release is sooner rather than later to give people the most time to practice. Not just regular streamers like Gorgc and B9, but people who are more in-the-know like Purge and Synderen are saying the same thing. Plus, it just makes sense, right? There needs to be a new patch before TI - basically every panelist was saying as much during the quals, at Weplay, and even the Animajor. The need for a patch seems to be the consensus on Reddit, as well. Looking at all the info out there, I'd feel pretty confident in saying that we're not getting another patch until at least January.

Hopefully soon, meta is pretty stale. But yeah pretty much everyone is hinting that the patch should be soon. I'd guess next week.

Ravus fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 16, 2021

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
mfw when I lose Ti to a pub star, a retired coach, a carry that plays three games a year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv4CqIxqTMA&t=3338s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Still laughing at the guy who is so bothered by OG that he hasn’t watched True Sight in 4 years