Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Those first 10 minutes were absolutely cathartic. Everyone needs a breather even at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

This isn't sold out at all, I just walked up and got a ninth row ticket center of the ring.

Also why has no one wrestled and it's almost twenty minutes in?

Because wwe shows stink like poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Tuning in late cause i lost track of time. And it seems like I missed nothing at all.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wwe isnt a wrestling company. its an entrances company. they just need something to do after the entrances so they have them wrestle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Because wwe shows stink like poo poo

I haven't watched since aew started, but at least edge is here!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

This isn't sold out at all, I just walked up and got a ninth row ticket center of the ring.

Also why has no one wrestled and it's almost twenty minutes in?

Vince wrestled with declining awareness of what’s going on in and around him to open the show

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Every time I see Jey wearing a t shirt that says Right Hand Man on it it makes me laugh. What a stupid shirt.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lol wait why is romans music playing again

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cavauro posted:

boom
let's go ignite
elements collide in a flash of light
and you feel the boom
that means it's time
light the fuse
bring the boom
it's smackdown

I cant believe these fuckres rhymed “boom” and “boom”

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

AEW started off hot with a match right out of the gate and they didn't cut to commercial for over 20 minutes

WWE starts with over 10 minutes of entrances straight into a commercial lol

I guess we're lucky they decided to technically start with a match and not a 30 minute promo?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
gotta say this is more entertaining with an actual crowd

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Its nice that real fans can boo Reigns.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

ANOTHER COMMERCIAL

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Romans trying to make his family hole

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

why do they give people such dorky gear? dominic seems fine but holy poo poo his gear is atrocious

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I put the show on just to see how it was going with a crowd and that loving zooming and shaking on the powerbomb almost gave me a headache. You can't even see the impact! gently caress this poo poo!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Does WWE just have more commercials than AEW. It does seem like AEW gets away with less commercials.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Penta is about the only wrestler who looks good in a full body suit and he needs it to keep his bones in

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

You can't even see the impact! gently caress this poo poo!

wrong night

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think they keep Dominic in the fully body suit because he's not particularly defined at the moment in terms of his build from what I can recall in the few times its been shown.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Le Saboteur posted:

Does WWE just have more commercials than AEW. It does seem like AEW gets away with less commercials.

No proof but I always felt WWE does slightly shorter ones but more often. AEW does longer but less interruptions. Plus AEW does PiP way more

And WWE does it at the worst possible time almost always

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Le Saboteur posted:

ummm actually advertisers just refuse to run ads on aew so basically they lose money every second its on screen, if aew was successful they would have a commercial break every 8 mins

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lo loving l

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was that match shorter than the entrances and commercials?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol they didn't cut enough there and everyone including commentary missed the other Uso punching Rey in the head into the rollup.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

camerawork sucked so bad the commentators didnt even see or comment on the finish of the match lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wish I gave a poo poo about Edge

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
30 minutes of TV down
9 minutes of wrestling
Heels go over

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

add another to the Ahaego face

kitten emergency posted:

weird customs but ok

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

why does pat mcafee holler like one of those overcaffeinated twitch/youtube guys

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

pat mcafee is like corey graves minus any of the positives corey graves has good lord he is obnoxious

this camera is so loving shaky jesus

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

are we supposed to know what that small piece of metal is

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Will Edge win on Sunday? Lol no

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

it’s a flute OP

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pamela Springstein posted:

Part of a chair I think

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

how does edge keep getting pieces of metal to do that lmao

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

shiksa posted:

pat mcafee is like corey graves minus any of the positives corey graves has good lord he is obnoxious

Corey Graves positives? Now I've heard everything

e: the Edge face bar things are chair legs he breaks off, he literally did it just before bringing it in the ring

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I really am done with MItB as a gimmick, and ladder matches in general

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

show's too high brow for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

30 minutes of TV down
9 minutes of wrestling
Heels go over

why are they so bad at this?

All the wrong moves for a big crowds return show.