Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I'd like to remind people that both Dak and Stafford suck. Garbage time stats that make you good in fanty don't make you a good NFL QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Dak is just Blake Bortles with weapons.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I know its bad-faith, "I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but I'm going to say it anyway." hot take nonsense, but its a useful place to point out that the 'Garbage Time' narrative is stupid, and particularly false in Dak Prescott's case.

First, the idea that "garbage time" exists because defenses stop trying to play defense at some point in the game is ridiculous. In fact, when teams are down by a significant margin, Defenses shift to much heavier pass defense sets - its More difficult to pass the ball in "garbage time."

Regardless, Dak's performance has been essentially the same at any quarter, with any point margin. See, 2020:

QB Rate by Quarter
1st - 98.3
2nd - 111.5
3rd - 101.9
4th - 91.6

QB Rate by Lead/Deficit:
Ahead - 78
down by one score - 96.4
down by two scores or more - 105.6

dak had 222 attempts for 1,800 yards in the 5 games he played - only 34 of those passes came in the last 2 minutes of any half - even less so during True "Garbage Time"

Its just flat stupid to claim Dak's stats are from 'garbage time'.

No Offense.

QBR is a garbage stat.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

blarzgh posted:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/7/12/22574111/dak-prescott-ranked-as-the-seventh-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl

I'n fairness, and contrary to my own position, a survey of NFL execs, players, coaches and scouts had Dak at 7th overall.

Most NFL execs are garbage.

blarzgh posted:

Or, you could blame it on the fact that Dallas has generally had a garbage defense for the last 5 years, how many times you score on the other team comes back and scores again.

You know what, you're right. The great oline, RB, and WR group isn't enough. Dak isn't getting help from his defense.

Next you're going to say it's because Dak plays in a tough division or something.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Chucktesla posted:

Dak should be ranked lower due to all the advanced stats needed to show that he's good, actually