Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Welcome to Exciting Big Circus Mafia, a game for 14 players.

This game will be fairly vanilla. If you don’t post 10 times a day, you will be freely executable (execution doesn’t end the day phase) for the rest of the game, unless the day ends 18 hours after opening. Please be kind to each other. Don’t fake day actions. Faked alias votes will be ignored. Scum will have infallible fake claims.

All over Wunneburg posters are plastered to walls exclaiming that the grand roving “EXCITING BIG CIRCUS” is here! Children of all ages, their parents in tow, arrive from every corner of town to the ticket booths hoping for the show of their lives. Elephant tricks, sword swallowing, acrobatics, and the headliner: 'Chuckles the Clown' are what patrons can expect on this chilly October evening. Join us, for a night of fantasy and excitement!

Sorry if I'm missing something, it's been a while and I'm going to get everything up and running as sign ups come in. Please join the discord server on the bottom of the post.

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  3. gay for gacha
  4. GulagDolls
  5. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  6. Jamuraan & Sandwolf (He/Him)
  7. Julias
  8. merk (he/him)
  9. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  10. Mr. Steak (he/him) & Grandicap (He, Him)
  11. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  12. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  13. Somberbrero (He/him)
  14. t a s t e
  15. b-minus1

Gay for Gacha, Circus-Aligned Vanilla Town was executed Day One.

Discord Link Here!

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ready for this ICP ARG

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This looks like a good game

For me to play

The circus

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

okay, I will be the cop. thank you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Ready for this ICP ARG

Man that would be something

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

One ticket to observe the circus plz thx

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

the headliner: 'Chuckles the Clown'

Interesting twist for the mod to play in their own game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm trying to get my votefinder password reset folks. Game's a coming.

Filling up fast.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Let’s go

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
sure I'm in.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Filling up fast

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
God I'm so bored I'm signing up for Mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Geez I don’t know Jam. How good are you at party games?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is this full or not?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We have about 7-8 players out of 14.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Alli helped me check my spam folder, the game is ready to launch whenever. Discord link is here and in the OP, please join if you have the chance.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'll play

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Retro Futurist posted:

Geez I don’t know Jam. How good are you at party games?

I'm really, really, really bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jamuraan posted:

I'm really, really, really bad.

Just don't lurk this time for once.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Well it's been over a decade since I've stopped lurking SA Mafia threads. What's the worst thing that can happen jumping straight into it ? Sign me up Toalpaz.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Filling up fast. Three spots remain! Just remember joining the discord is necessary.

Julias, if you have any questions I'm sure people would enjoy helping you pre-game. Otherwise playing is very easy. You simply ##vote player name people who you think are scummy as town, and convince others that you aren't worth executing yet as scum. The thread is opened during the day for discussion, and at night time people will do sneaky things while no one can talk.

If no one is selected by majority vote town loses it's chance to execute a player. Day actions are typically ##dayaction target, and it's bad to fake using them! Thread gets one warning, then modkills.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will do this thing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh wow play please. I hope I'm the elephant.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok, mafia break over! I'm in

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Filled up fast

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Thunderous applause! Standing ovation! Patrons throwing popcorn at the performers! A dizzying and wondrous night was coming to a close. With one last triumphant blast of her trunk TonTon the elephant rolled out of the arena just as the lights died out. The ringleader announced to the expectant crowd that Chuckles the clown was next up. Oh the smiles of the children, silently awaiting their big, exciting, finale.

Well, the curtain did raise and excitement was had. Well, of another sort.

Chuckles the Clown lay dead, in a pool of his own multi coloured scarves. He had slipped... on a banana peel. The ringleader hastily called the show off, issuing partial refunds. The police say it looks like an accident, and you all know the show must go on. But something isn’t quite right here, Chuckles was a professional Clown, he had slipped a thousand times before. Never like this. No, it is up to the Circus to solve this crime, while putting on the show for the remainder of its stay.

The Clown, Chuckles. Circus-Aligned Vanilla Town died night zero!

The game begins. Deadline is Saturday 10 pm EST. We can talk about extensions if anybody has worries. As a special rule any person with the under 10 posts a day, with the least amount of posts, instead of being freely executable the next day, will just be replaced out with Sandwolf. Cruel, yes.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 19, 2021

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (14): Amnistar, Bifauxnen, gay for gacha, GulagDolls, Hal Insandenza, Jamuraan, Julias, merk, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, ObamaAkbar., Retro Futurist, sombrero, t a s t e

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 21st, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I am a self janitor, my flip will be janitored.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amnistar posted:

I am a self janitor, my flip will be janitored.

STEP right up, step right up, see the amazing jokephase Killa! Raised in the flatlands of turbotown, this humorless freak ah nature can kill a jokephase in a single post!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What’s brackin

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

To think we’ll never hear those big, squeaky shoes slapping down the hallway ever again…

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Going to penn state school of clowning (yes I know why distinguish) and not at all being alarmed at the rhythmic slapping sounds

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literally the best role, not kidding this time

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im 5x loved. good luck lunching me, fools :smuggo:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote steak

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote taste the game couldn’t start until taste joined scumchat

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

im 5x loved. good luck lunching me, fools :smuggo:

We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.

##vote steak

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

##vote taste the game couldn’t start until taste joined scumchat

Look, we discussed this enough already in private

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

t a s t e posted:

Look, we discussed this enough already in private