Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
The best of cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

He is so cute! Look at him!

You said he’s a rescue, know how old he is?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Jade Star posted:

11/10 cat :)

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Jade Star posted:

That, as some are wont to say, is one loving nice kitty right there!

Also, this is a good lp of a game I've been interested in for awhile.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Jade Star posted:

Definite sweety, and as a Trek nerd I must respect the name.

One question; did you turn in the contracts you took? I know you've got the one for finding that lady, and I think you might have enough wormling drops to do one of the other ones, but I didn't see any kind of pop up when you went back to the station so was wondering if you have to go back to the bar or something.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

White Coke posted:

You said he’s a rescue, know how old he is?

Nope! Vet estimates 2 years though. Or did when I got him. So he's maybe 3 now.

MadDogMike posted:

One question; did you turn in the contracts you took? I know you've got the one for finding that lady, and I think you might have enough wormling drops to do one of the other ones, but I didn't see any kind of pop up when you went back to the station so was wondering if you have to go back to the bar or something.

Some of the quests auto complete and if you aren't looking in the top right then you'll miss the rewards, if the rewards are items. Sometimes its just cubic cash and I don't know if you really get a pop up about it. Some of them do require me going back to Lair and turning them in, and I may have forgotten to do that. I'm not sure. The wormling bits and janitor parts almost assuredly require going back and turning them in at Lair.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Congrats on Ducat. Interested to see how this game plays with 2 DLCs and someone sticking with it a bit longer than a lot of the stuff I've seen on YT.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Tylana posted:

Congrats on Ducat. Interested to see how this game plays with 2 DLCs and someone sticking with it a bit longer than a lot of the stuff I've seen on YT.

Me too! I've been playing another file along with the LP to get a bit of a heads up on the new things the DLC offers. There's suddenly a much larger need for cubic cash than there was previously. Some of the new implants you can put in your dudes are really nice. The workshop lets you spend cubic cash to roll up gear if you have a slot lagging behind and that's cool too.

I of course gave the Inventor a try, and he's pretty good. The no shields thing is offset by having an enormous health pool, starting at around double the health of other characters and his starting skill is a 2 target aoe for good damage and any damage dealt to HP is leeched back to the Inventor. At level 3 he gets a skill for a passive life leach on all hits which works even when hitting shields. So a lot of upsides to him there. The down side is there are a lot of effects that are nasty and only happen when you take HP damage and not shield damage, like poison or bleeding, so the Inventor is vulnerable to that as well.

Also, loving the Miner, good choice thread. In my other play through having to deal with armor is a pain in the rear end. Though it seems like enemies in general are just much harder than I remember, at least once we get out to the level 4 derelicts. 15% evasion plus 15% damage resistance plus 2-3 armor on baddies really adds up to a lot of lost damage output. Having the Miner really helps with that. It also makes me reconsider that -6 initiative +accuracy implant. Sure it kills my turn order, but loss of turn order to never have to worry about evasion ever again? Starting to sound a lot more appealing.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

Nope! Vet estimates 2 years though. Or did when I got him. So he's maybe 3 now.

How is his name spelled: DuCat, Ducat, or some other way? And why is it that people give cats cat pun based names but not dogs?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

We are almost getting out of the newbie derelicts. The next derelict is probably when they're going to be less nice with the baddies and environmental factors might start coming in to play. When we hit level four we'll have some choices to make about how we want to level up our crew and I'll explain then, but level 4 can be a big milestone in team power.

Some of the events are a bit trippy and nonsensical. I'm not sure how to understand what were did in this one, with a robot doll performing activities that are definitely not possible in a rusted out space hulk. Was it like a holodeck? VR? Sometime I don't quite know what's going on, but I don't think it's a bad thing really. It adds that element of being out of my element and in a weird and strange place where I just have to try to come to grips with the reality I am being presented and forced to interact with. While the minesweeper puzzle was nice enough to give little hints about how confident Koan felt with the arrangement, knowing the rules and parameters, or just telling me what a winning state might look like would have been really helpful.

Lastly there was a datapad to read, if reading is your sort of thing.

There's not a lot of world building in DSD, though these logs do make an attempt at it. At first I thought habitation on the derelicts would be a crazy nonsense idea, but the more it gets written the more I start to think about it as sort of a natural idea of escaping the confines of a soul crushing authoritarian or capitalistic space station or planet which seem to operate in a caste or caste-like system. I don't know the real physics/logistics of it, like where they'd get oxygen and water, but it seems believable that the downtrodden masses might set up in derelicts to scavenge and settle in a sort of shanty town or ghetto. Microcosms of the OPA from The Expanse. People that have been abused long enough by one society leave to form their own in what ever hell forsaken rock or wreck that can be made habitable.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

White Coke posted:

How is his name spelled: DuCat, Ducat, or some other way? And why is it that people give cats cat pun based names but not dogs?

Gul DuCat. And because Cats are superior to dogs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

And because Cats are superior to dogs.

Obviously. And yet people refuse to give their dogs names like Chairman Meow, or Purry Mason.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

White Coke posted:

Obviously. And yet people refuse to give their dogs names like Chairman Meow, or Purry Mason.

I mean, of couse they wouldn't. Dogs don't purr or meow. Those would be strange dog names.

Names like Sarah Jessica Barker or Barkolemew or Woofram

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Dogs are doofy enough that pun names are just overkill. Cats are (seemingly) so refined and elegant that we give them ridiculous names to help ground them.

Also Jade, couldn't you use some of those energy capsules to mitigate paying for energy recovery at the station?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My cat was named Heisenberg because I was a physics major and Shrodinger was too cliche. The days of being competent in science are long past, but I have a standing oath that if I ever get a Russian Blue it's getting named Cherenkov.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Jade if you want to gamble on craftables you may want to save some of those mods, especially since they sell for peanuts :D

The doll event was :psyduck:

Events/quests in general are a bit weird, since they are structured like a puzzle and story-rich but are repeated in almost the same sequence each playthrough. I guess some of them have multiple solutions and that this game plays more like a Diablo deckbuilder than something like Slay the Spire or other roguelite deckbuilders, but I remember loving them the first time around and getting annoyed by (some of) them on repeat.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

AltaBrown posted:

Also Jade, couldn't you use some of those energy capsules to mitigate paying for energy recovery at the station?

Sort of. That capsules travel with us though and are of better use in the field. Secondly the amount of energy they restore, 100 for small, 300 for medium, costs only like 10 or 30 cc's to refill while on the station. Their purchase price is more in the hundreds, and their sell price is still more cc's than the cost of of the equivalent energy they give you. That's to say, a medium energy cell that gives you 300 energy costs a couple hundred cc's to buy, sells for about a hundred, and only supplies as much energy as about 30 cc's will get you at the pawn shop. These numbers are wrong.

You can use them to cut down on the amount of energy you buy from the pawn shop, but it's horribly cost inefficient to do so. Either save them for an emergency or because you have Giant Robotic Crab Syndrome.

Edit: loaded the game up in prep for next update and remembered to check for hard numbers here. A medium energy can is 300 energy. Energy costs 1 cc for 10 units. A medium energy can sells for 23 cc (for our crew! It's important to remember Dash is a leader with high charisma and one level of the negotiator skill giving us an additional 11% sell value). 23 cc's nets us 230 energy so, yes, we save a total of 7 cc's if we were to use the medium energy cans instead of charging up at the station all the time. Now, it costs 93 cc's, with Dash's charisma and skills, to buy the medium energy can. Using the cans at the station for a net benefit of 7 cc's seems like a really big waste compared to the opportunity costs of running out of energy in the field. I am not going to even notice that my GRCS has stopped me from making maybe 70-140 cc's of profit over a run from clinging on to energy cans, but I'm drat sure I'd notice if I run out of energy in the field and don't have any emergency cans.

That Italian Guy posted:

Jade if you want to gamble on craftables you may want to save some of those mods, especially since they sell for peanuts :D

I remember better next time, though I disagree that mods sell for peanuts. Well, the really low level ones sure do, but it doesn't take long for surplus gear to become a big source of income.

Oh, unless you mean for rerolls, then yes, throwing a mod into the reroll machine is much cheaper than crafting another piece for a different stat roll. I haven't gotten to the space crafting gacha yet.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Aug 22, 2021

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

I think I went to sleep right after this one because I only really remember two things. gently caress enemies with evasion. And we hit level four so I need to do a bunch of typing to explain our options.

At level four every character picks a specialization that fills in the second column of skills from levels 4 through 10. There are ten specializations and every character stat has two specializations that align with a given stat. I went over the most relevant ones quickly in the video but I'll do a little summery here too and then you guys can vote on who picks what.

Mental - Dash's Primary Stat - Psyker and Strategist

Psyker is about offense. It's first skill is direct damage that can not be dodged and isn't affected by armor. It also ignores damage mitigation but not mental mitigation. Mental mitigation is really rare though, so as a sweeping generalization Mental Assault, the first skill, is a guaranteed full damage, high damage attack. The rest of the skills revolve around dealing mental status effects like fear, confusion, or ability lock, give the psyker card draw when he inflicts one of those mental stats, and has one skill that offers passive protection from mental attacks. The Mind Field skill will put one of four debuffs randomly on anyone that attacks the Psyker in melee, as well as offering the psyker a flat damage reduction from melee attacks. The end cap skill for Psykers inflicts a target with fear and a status that guarantees anyone attacking the victim deals a critical hit for the next three turns.

Strategist is about defense. The first skill Mirage makes the next attack against the target automatically fail and makes the defender invisible for one turn, making it near impossible to focus them with multiple attacks. A very handy skill to have if someone is low on health. Spot Weakness puts a passive effect on the strategist where anyone that attacks the strategist loses 10 damage resistance and loses 10% evasion, at level one of the skill. The last two skills in the strategist line revolve around when an enemy dies. The penultimate skill is passive and gives a card draw and critical chance to everyone when and enemy dies, while the ultimate skill must be played from the hand and gives a large damage and evasion boost to the team as well as 50% chance to Energize for 3 turns when an enemy dies. Presumably that 50% energize chance goes to 100% with the expense of a second skill point in it. There is a little offense to the strategist, the High Priority Target skill marks whomever the strategist hits and all allies gain Focus for attacking that target, generating a bit of extra free damage. This skill is why I think high initiative can be important on leaders.

Scavenging - Friegolit's Primary Stat - Funtionnaire and Tinker

Functionnaire is about card draws. Making the enemy discard cards and drawing more cards for the functionnaire. Even going so far as to give a chance to force an enemy discard on any attack the functionnaire makes, as a passive skill. Transfer lets the functionnaire discard their own cards and give an ally an equal amount to draws, letting the functionnaire share the wealth of their utility value. Three of their skills are passives that offer bonuses based around drawing cards or gaining bonuses when enemies discard. Their ultimate ability Scrapstorm discards cards from the functionnaires hand to deal 2x damage to all enemies and forces discards equal to half the number of cards the funtionnaire discarded. I believe with two points spent in the skill the damage ratio goes from 1 card for 2 damage to 1 card for 3 damage.

Tinker is more about buffing and utility, or utility in ways that isn't card draw. Their first ability is a drone which is moderately capable. It deals damage, has a health pool thats about 1/3rd Friegolit's current HP+Shields, and is just another thing on the field fighting for us helping with the action economy. Tinker's will get scry, looking at three cards when they draw for their turn and choosing which one they want to keep. A damage resistance buff card, passive energy generation on melee hits team wide, group wide recycle chance, intrinsic armor value, and lastly a Dirty Bomb, doing high damage to all enemy units and radiating them for four turns.

Weaponry - Slaan's Primary Stat - Demolition and Quartermaster

Demolition should be self obvious. It's about explosions. It's first skill gives the card Incendiary Grenades, doing burn damage over time to multiple enemies. It's second skill really helps make the skill set by giving a chance to draw an extra card at the start of a turn if the Demolitionist doesn't have an explosive card in their hand. A passive buff to explosive damage. A card skill that deals decent damage to 3 targets and applies -2 armor for the duration of combat. That seems super good if Friegolit didn't strip away armor pretty much all the time anyway, but Heavy Bomb Blast doesn't require beating shields to work, and it lasts for the whole combat which is cool. The last two passives add Burn damage to every explosive attack and a chance to Energize on playing an explosive attack. The final skill summons an explosive on the field with 25 health, which can do one of two things a turn; gain 20 shields, or detonate to deal damage to all enemies equal to the amount of its current shields, which is capped at 40 (at least at level 1, dunno about level 2).

Quartermaster is about weapon cards and buffing your attacks. It's first card skill is Rearm, giving everyone on the team a card draw that only draws weaponry cards. The passives AP Ammo and Puncturing Arms buff the QM's ranged attacks and the whole groups melee attacks, respectively. Empower Weapons card skill gives a damage buff to its target and allows the target to ignore some of the damage resistance anyone they attack might have. Extra Arms gives the QM a chance to draw a buff card any time they attack. The final skill grants them the Elemental Amp card, a terribly powerful buff that can be targeted to any ally or oneself giving enhanced damage, Burn, Cyro, and Overload statuses on whatever it hits. It also has Self Energize 1 making it a free action to play.

Those would be my recommendations for our team. Cards get more damage, longer/stronger effects, and higher crit chance when played by characters with high values in the same kind of stat. But for the sake of completion, or if you guys want to cross train someone, here are the other four specializations.

Medical - Chemist and Surgeon

Chemist is about buffing. All the buffs. Their first card skill grants Evasion, Initiative, crit chance, and +damage for 3 turns. The first passive makes the chemist more resistant to debuffs. The second makes any buffs or debuffs the chemist play 20% more powerful, at level 1. The second card skill Healthy Haze is possibly one of only two ways to heal in combat (ignoring the Inventor class and their leech stuff), by providing temporary HP. If the fight ends before it wears off, you keep it though. I'm also not 100% on if you keep it anyway if you're less than full health. IE. giving someone who is 20/40 HP 10 temp health will make them 30/50, that's for certain. But when it wears off, do they go back to 20/40 or do they keep it and go to 30/40. I'm not sure on this, and one way over the other would make this skill a lot more valuable. Their final passive skill makes the chemist add a random out of 4 buffs to any ally they buff with a card. Someone get Xzibit in here, something about buffing while you buff. Their ultimate skill is Power Injection which gives an ally Energize 2 (Two! Meaning two extra cards to play per turn), Draw 3 cards, +2 Initiative, and +130% damage, all that for 1 turn, at level one. Power Injection is the Medic's starter Adrenaline skill if the Adrenaline somehow reached super saiyan levels and decided not to call itself Adrenaline Two.

Surgeon is about a burning hatred for all things Debuff. Their first skill is to Purge all effects on self or ally with a critical hit giving the target Energize 1. Passively the Surgeon can have a chance to purge negative effects every round and have a high percent chance to just resist negative effects all together. Healing Procedure heals self or ally for 30% of their max HP temporarily and purges all effects. The temp HP lasts until the end of combat. So again I'm not sure if this is a legit way to heal HP in the field, or if they'll reset to pre buffed levels when combat ends. Clearly I need to do some medical science in another save file. Their final passive will make the surgeon only Purge negative effects from allies, greatly improving Purge cards found in their own skill tree and commonly on medical tools and medical mods. I believe the second point in this skill makes them only purge positive effects from enemies when they play purge effect on a hostile. Their final skill, Crippling Ray prevents a biological enemy from attacking for two turns and either gives them a hefty miss chance or -10 initiative for the rest of the combat, critical hits applies both effects.

Tech - Master of Robots and Shield Expert

Master of Robots is obviously built around drones and turrets. It's first skill is a card to summon a sentry turret with fairly low health but plays high damage burst fire cards. All of the passives in the tree boost either boost Minion health and survivability or their damage output. Minion is the games term for any temporary ally like drones or turrets. Nothing remarkable, but those bonuses probably add up. It's second card skill is a heal for minions, and it's ultimate skill is the Terror Bot, a huge and angry bot with high health for a drone, and a remarkable damage output on top of a couple of unique attack cards it can play.

Shield Expert is likewise straight forward and to the point, bolstering the teams shields in a number of ways from damage reflection, to passively boosting the teams max shields by a percentage per skill point spent, making any shield restoring skill played by the expert significantly more effective, passive shield regeneration, and even leeching shields from the enemy. Their ultimate ability gives an ally 100% damage reduction and immunity to Puncture for a short duration, effectively making them invulnerable to direct damage for one or two turns.

I just double checked and no one on our team really has good stat growth in medical or tech. A little surprised Scrappers don't get a least a bit of Tech skill. Dash is heavy mental, moderate weaponry. Slaan is heavy weaponry and some scavenging. Friegolit is high scavenging and good weaponry. For scale, when I say Dash is good at mental or Slaan at weaponry or Friegolit scavenge, I mean they are at or near to 100 in their main stat. No one on the team is over 25 in medical or tech.

Anyway vote in the thread for specializations since Strawpoll has let me down and enjoy the latest episode.

Also I just found out why I didn't just use the same software I stream with to record my LPs with. Because they share the same settings if you do that!! I haven't meant to be putting out LP videos at 720p, that's just what I downscale to a lot of the time over on Twitch. gently caress my life. I'm glad this is a small comic book graphics game and it won't seriously bug the poo poo out of me like it would have if I'd done this to X-Com or Shadow of War. This is the price of me being lazy and doing a 4am insomnia LP.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 22, 2021

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Psyker for the different damage type, Functionnaire and Quartermaster because they give you more card drawing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
This does make me wonder if card-draw is better if you are bad at controlling your deck bloat. Also makes me wonder if you discard into a pile and then reshuffle, or discard into a constantly shuffled deck.

OTOH, biggest booms are best booms.

Psyker, Demolition, Whatever is my vote. But not from any great place of knowledge or insight.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
123: B

Medic stuff might be worth it even without a dedicated class. But oh well.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Do we know how much various card types benefit from a high stat or suffer from a low one? Though obviously you can also try and pick your loot to help prop up a low stat.

Also how hard the dialogue tests on the stats are. There are games where an off-class medic might still pass the test and some where the only hope is to be full in.

And yes. Evasion is one of those feel bad mechanics on enemies. Even if it actually balances out or whatever (and sometimes lets you one shot a creature because otherwise their HP would be 20% higher or whatever). Just, argh.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Tylana posted:

Do we know how much various card types benefit from a high stat or suffer from a low one? Though obviously you can also try and pick your loot to help prop up a low stat.

Also how hard the dialogue tests on the stats are. There are games where an off-class medic might still pass the test and some where the only hope is to be full in.

There's not a great wiki for breaking down mechanics, so best I can do for you is relaying what information is visible to a player.

Take weaponry for an example, Dash has 49, Friegolit has 62 and Slaan has 60. The tool tips say Dash has +16% damage from weapon cards, +16% duration of any effects from weapon cards, and +6% Crit chance on weapon cards. For Friegolit and Slaan these numbers are +20%, +20%, and +7%. So my guess is that every 3 points of weaponry means 1% more damage/duration, and crit chance is more like 9:1.

Comparing stats between the characters I get the sense the scaling for some of the stats is the same. Friegolit's scavenging stat is 91 and it adds +36% damage to scavenging cards. That a little better then the 3:1 we saw in weaponry, but it's very close. Dash's 106 mental grants +35% more powerful mental buffs and +35% duration on mental cards, which is 106 / 35 = 3 remainder 1, so it is probably 3:1 as well.

Medical, for example, adds more power to buffs, more temp health, and longer duration to medical cards based on stats. So while a Chemist might get way more out of their buff cards, if all we care about are things like Purging effects, or getting those sweet Energize cards, then it doesn't really matter. But if we actually wanted a character to play the buff/debuff cards that are a large portion of a medics role, then we'd be doing it at large disadvantage. Judging off the crews skills and seeing how they are getting ~35% more bang for their buck based on their stats, I'd assume we'd be playing those medical cards at 70% strength compared to having a team medic. I imagine this disparity would only grow larger over time too as the gap between the growth of a characters primary stats and their unused stats continues to grow.

Skill checks in the dialogues? No clue! I have no idea if there is even a way to tell what a stat threshold is for clearing the desired action successfully. I've pretty much just gone by the rule of thumb of if I don't have someone who's main stat is what the action requires, I probably shouldn't try it.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 23, 2021

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Jade Star posted:

I think I went to sleep right after this one because I only really remember two things. gently caress enemies with evasion. And we hit level four so I need to do a bunch of typing to explain our options.

A 1/6 chance for a skill to fail?

You were beating up on Space Elves.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Voting Psyker, Tinker, Demolition.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Psyker, Functionaire, Demolition for my vote.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Voting Psyker, Functionaire, Quartermaster.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Hello Sailor posted:

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019

Hello Sailor posted:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Hello Sailor posted:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I've awake at a reasonable hour so I'm going to stream some DSD. If you want to catch me playing my other save file where I am trying out the Tinker you can catch me live at https://www.twitch.tv/sa_Jadestar right about now, or maybe check the vod if you catch this post later if you need even more DSD action.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I cast my votes for Psyker, Tinker and Demolitionst

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
I'd like to vote Psyker/Tinker/Quartermaster.

I literally just bought the game since I had to talk myself into trying a game with deck-building elements which I haven't played before (well except for MtG back in the 90s).

If I understood the codex in the game correctly, the Specializations also add further relevant stat growth per level? The documentation is sometimes a little opaque.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Psyker/Functionnaire/Demolition Not entirely sure whether to go with Psyker or Strategist, but figure we may as well go all in on damage. Functionnaire I like the sound of increasing your own card drawing and messing with the enemy's in a game like this. Demolition is obvious, because explosions

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sylphosaurus posted:

I cast my votes for Psyker, Tinker and Demolitionst

This seems reasonable.

I'm sure it'll ramp up but the game seems pretty easy so far. And very, very full of lots of small modifiers.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Night10194 posted:

This seems reasonable.

I'm sure it'll ramp up but the game seems pretty easy so far. And very, very full of lots of small modifiers.
You should pop in on the stream some time when Jade is playing this. Level 6 was quite a bit rougher.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Variable gravity kind of sucks and I lock in the specialization choices. Our team kind of rolls in damage output now and things are looking good.

Oh and I spend the first 10 minutes of the video crafting new gear to update some parts that were lagging behind. Hurray crafting system.

Also datapads that talk more about the nature of these derelicts which... Orbit? a black hole. I don't think you can orbit a black hole. Also how close to this black hole are we? This doesn't feel very safe at all. Is the black hole the mothership we're looking for?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hmm, would going back to the big robot guarding the production room allow you to find out about the unsure bot and help them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, looks like the 'Ram' robot might need spare bodies to offload it's voices to or something?

The Purging Fire ability changed to only purge positive effects (on your enemies) at full upgrade so maybe worth considering at a later level up.

Gotta say the crafting seems to be a good addition. You can't randomly grind as much as say Darkest Dungeon so getting suitable gear looked a bit off in the original release.