Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The change is with Bloomburrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

A+ reminder text, A+ flavor text, no notes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

very good name and flavor text for this set

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can easily remember Outlaws with the mnemonic "MR. WAP"

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

You can easily remember Outlaws with the mnemonic "PRAWN", if you're willing to sometimes get confused and think one of the outlaw types is Nercenaries.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Looking forward to standard pirates getting some fun pieces from the 'outlaw matters' cards. Likewise, built an Assassins deck around the lord from MKM that let's you play an opponents deck when you hit them with it – effect is fun but there wasn't enough 1-2 drop support to make it work consistently. Keen to see if we get enablers here.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ram dass in hell posted:

I'm cackling out loud irl because I noticed this says enters the battlefield instead of enters

They're doing "enters" starting with Bloomburrow, the next set after this one.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Let the man cackle

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
In fairness it is kind of a funny quirk of modern TCGs that communication about the game has sped up so much, and yet the actual production speed of the game has remained roughly the same, so you hear about these sorts of design changes and the reasoning for them a couple releases before they actually appear.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Fay Dalton has a pretty solid resume working on comics before this too. Now the question is how long that's been going on I guess.

That art is from a Cyberpunk RPG sourcebook from 30 years ago. I wonder if she even realized she was ripping off one of Magic's most prolific artists when she used it.

People have pointed out other "similarities" to other work too. It's similar to how we're used to cheaters in Magic even pulling their cheats on feature matches. We ask why they'd continue to cheat even when they know they're on camera, but the truth is they can't turn it off. Seems like Fay can't either.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can easily remember Outlaws with the mnemonic "MR. WAP"

Unfortunately that just makes me think of Ben Shapiro.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
That’s Mr dap

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Ben Shapiro's Wife

Creature Land - Desert Goblin

1/1

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

I like the design on this one, where you can pay 3 to blink once but then you get way more out of it for way more mana.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Huh, I just watched LRR's preview video (card is loving bonkers btw), and noticed that modal cards have a little + icon in the upper right corner. I hope it sticks around in the future, because it's a good idea.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Huh, I just watched LRR's preview video (card is loving bonkers btw), and noticed that modal cards have a little + icon in the upper right corner. I hope it sticks around in the future, because it's a good idea.

I think that's just for Spree as a reminder that the spell won't do anything (besides counting as having cast a spell to trigger certain abilities I assume) unless you choose an additional cost.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Peewi posted:

They're doing "enters" starting with Bloomburrow, the next set after this one.

oh. well.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

AngryBooch posted:

I think that's just for Spree as a reminder that the spell won't do anything (besides counting as having cast a spell to trigger certain abilities I assume) unless you choose an additional cost.

I'm pretty sure it's a reminder that you have to pay at least one additional cost to cast a spell with Spree.

You cannot actually pay the listed mana cost, you have to select at least one additional cost/mode.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

How does cascading/discovering into a spree spell work? Can you choose what option you pay for minus the base cost?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

snyprmag posted:

How does cascading/discovering into a spree spell work? Can you choose what option you pay for minus the base cost?

Yeah you can pay the additional costs as you cascade into

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

snyprmag posted:

Cascade lets you cast the spell for free, but doesn't cover additional costs but you get the opportunity to pay. So yeah you'd cascade into spree card and then pay one of more additional costs.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
With a spree card, you must pay at least one additional cost. So if you cascade into it, you can't just cast it for 0 for the storm count.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
So if you can't pay any additional costs after cascading into a spree spell, what happens?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

AngryBooch posted:

So if you can't pay any additional costs after cascading into a spree spell, what happens?

You don't cast the card.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 28, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

You shuffle it into the bottom with the others.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I like Lively Dirge. It fits a lot of bad decks I have in pioneer.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 28, 2024

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Flavor wise, its kind of funny that Foretell hides information from your opponent, and Plot makes it open to your opponent. It should probably be the opposite. Oh well!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Mike N Eich posted:

Flavor wise, its kind of funny that Foretell hides information from your opponent, and Plot makes it open to your opponent. It should probably be the opposite. Oh well!

I said it before but to me plot represents that sort of "Rumor has it the Murphy Boys are gonna rob the express as it heads through Dead Horse Canyon" plotline you sometimes see in westerns, for that the open information is on point flavor.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I think the original concept behind plot was the idea of a villain laying out their schemes to the protagonist.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

OKAY FINE WIZARDS YOU GOT ME I'LL DO SIMIC LANDFALL IN COMMANDER

I've now invented a guy in my head who is annoyed that there's a vaguely french version of Paul Bunyan. But I think such a guy might exist.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
It's not Murktide imo but there's some good potential here:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

resistentialism posted:

I've now invented a guy in my head who is annoyed that there's a vaguely french version of Paul Bunyan. But I think such a guy might exist.

Paul Bunyan is québécois now.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AngryBooch posted:

what the hell am I looking at here

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

kalel posted:

what the hell am I looking at here

that's a scorpion dragon

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

That's actually a pretty neat card. It'll be a terror in limited, being able to plot it T3 when you might not have another play and then retrieve that once your hellbent later on is going to be strong

Not sure where it would really fit in constructed play, but then again a potential 4 CMC 7/7 flampler off the top deck late game is a pretty good way to end said game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Turn 1 MTN, Phoenix chick. Turn two mountain, two more chicks, turn 3 mtn, plot stinger back, turn 4 MTN, fourth chick, play the free stinger back and monsterous rage and mirran banesplitter and get a flying haste 11/7 trampler

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I wonder if a 4 cmc 7/7 flying trampler is even good enough anymore.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Khanstant posted:

Turn 1 MTN, Phoenix chick. Turn two mountain, two more chicks, turn 3 mtn, plot stinger back, turn 4 MTN, fourth chick, play the free stinger back and monsterous rage and mirran banesplitter and get a flying haste 11/7 trampler
1) where does the haste come from in this
2) how does opp not hold up interaction after you plotted the dragon

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Sickening posted:

I wonder if a 4 cmc 7/7 flying trampler is even good enough anymore.

Archfiend of the dross sees some play. This doesn't have a drain effect but also doesn't lose you the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ram dass in hell posted:

that's a scorpion dragon

:thanks: