Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just chatted with him briefly on Facebook Messenger. He is definitely going through some serious personal poo poo, but he's okay at the moment, and it sounds like he will be even more okay with time. He told me he's off social media and may or may not return to SA, but I made sure to tell him that people here care about him and have been concerned.

Thank you for posting this. All of my info was second- or third-hand, so I'm glad to hear from someone who has had direct contact with Rhyno. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
That's good to hear. Tradgames just lost one of our posters and was getting superstitious about the rule of three. Hope things improve him.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
If you are still sending him messages tell him that we are hoping he is doing okay and miss him and such.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just chatted with him briefly on Facebook Messenger. He is definitely going through some serious personal poo poo, but he's okay at the moment, and it sounds like he will be even more okay with time. He told me he's off social media and may or may not return to SA, but I made sure to tell him that people here care about him and have been concerned.

Thats good to hear. AI misses our buddy too. :shobon:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How dos it not cost $666 exactly?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Skwirl posted:

They don't want to price gouge people on it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Sales tax not included

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Has anyone here ever heard of Stonebot comics? Are they good? Because they just got the Kamen Rider license somehow

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1464797460849590276?s=20

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
This definitely feels like a "lowest possible bidder" option from Toei, especially since I would have expected reprints like this to keep coming from Seven Seas with the original manga releasing in a few weeks I guess the release date was pushed to early January under them.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Stonebot isn't even listed as a publisher on Comixology. Infer from that what you will.

(Though in their defence it seems they are a fairly new company, so maybe they'll get around to it eventually (or maybe they don't even want to (or maybe Comixology doesn't accept new publishers any more since it will be shutting down soon)).)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Well this loving sucks.

https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/status/1468262976838778880?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just came to post this, gently caress cancer

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've met him on multiple occasions at cons. He really is a cool guy.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jesus Christ. I hope he gets to make the most of what little time he has left. :smith:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Going into 2020, I knew nothing about that poo poo, I naively figured it was no worse than any other type of the disease. Then that July, my mom was diagnosed with it and so ensued five soul destroying months finding out all about it, helplessly watching her waste away, going in and out of hospital (that they let me visit her at all with Covid going on was a blessing but also spoke volumes about how bad they thought her condition was), trying as best we could to make the most of what time we had left. Speaking to oncology staff, some felt it was pretty much was the worst of the lot and from what I did see during those last months, I can well believe it. And the survival rate seemingly hasn’t changed in my lifetime.

My heart goes out to George and his family. No one deserves that. No one. It’s the cruelest poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's wild that Marko from Saga is in Taco Bell commercials

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well, it's not like he's doing much now in the comic.

I don't warch TV with ads, is it really him, or just a coincidence?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IUG posted:

Well, it's not like he's doing much now in the comic.

I don't warch TV with ads, is it really him, or just a coincidence?

It's two cosplayers of him.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Rugg is doing Hulk Grand Design.

He shows off some pages here and they look pretty amazing. I'm excited for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEli8pH7VmY

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Didn't notice there's a new thread, just saw the George Perez news. poo poo.

Also, came here to say that I got a blackmail email with my ComicBookDB password. I'm assuming their database is compromised at this point. Change your passwords if you reuse them. Use unique passwords!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hello,

Thank you all for the kind words. I have been going through some very difficult and dark times but I believe I am on the correct road to heal and be well. It's very heartwarming to know my absence was noticed and that I was missed.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Thanks for checking in, Rhyno-- I'm really happy to hear that you're taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do to feel well. BSS hasn't been the same without you.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s been a lot quieter :) (that’s not a good thing)

You’ve been missed for sure, I hope you are able to get well.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hey buddy good to see you around again. Take care and we'll be here if you decide to come back

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

Thank you all for the kind words. I have been going through some very difficult and dark times but I believe I am on the correct road to heal and be well. It's very heartwarming to know my absence was noticed and that I was missed.

Glad to hear you are doing better and that you are still around.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

Glad to hear it <3

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

This is great to hear. You have certainly been missed my friend. Take your time, this place will still be here when you're in the right place.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

Sup, homie? Take care of yourself and know this old subforum ain't the same without you.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Hello,

I'm glad you're hanging in there, king.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forgot to link this here, if anyone is curious about the raw goings on in my life over the last few months

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3986522&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post519975243

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Get better dude!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I forgot to link this here, if anyone is curious about the raw goings on in my life over the last few months

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3986522&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post519975243

Having read that, I just want to echo what a lot of people from the other thread said and say I’m really happy that you made it through what seems to be the darkest part and are still here with us. If your recovery includes being able to post here, that’s awesome. If it doesn’t, I’m happy to know you’re in a better place mentally. Good luck.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

jesus dude, thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you're getting better and have the support system you have.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey guys. I’m not going to be around much for a while. My mom passed away earlier tonight. She had a sudden sickness but didn’t suffer long for this specific instance. But she’d been fighting kidney disease for two years plus. She went peacefully with all our immediate family at her bedside. I could not ask for a better passing but I’m still kinda broken right now over the suddenness of it. I’ll be back later.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

X-O posted:

Hey guys. I’m not going to be around much for a while. My mom passed away earlier tonight. She had a sudden sickness but didn’t suffer long for this specific instance. But she’d been fighting kidney disease for two years plus. She went peacefully with all our immediate family at her bedside. I could not ask for a better passing but I’m still kinda broken right now over the suddenness of it. I’ll be back later.

My condolences. :smith:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

X-O posted:

X-O, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I remember some of the heavy poo poo you said you were dealing with even before this, and I'm so sorry you're carrying such a load right now. I'm hoping for the best for you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

My condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to hear that xo. Rest and heal, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
X-O, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take all the time you need to look after yourself and your loved ones. I know how debilitating and devastating this kind of grief can be and how much tending and care it requires before things start to feel normal and real again, and I truly hope that you can find time and space for that care.