Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Wolves were kinda poo poo with him too outside of those 3 months that Adama looked an absolute world beater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

he had already left wolves. I don't know if you could call it a sacking but it was at least a mutual parting of ways.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's time.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/StatCity/status/1454923374841434118

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1455110684614725633

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No Nuno November

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wasn't Nuno like 10th on their list of preferred targets. Who are they going to go for now, some Championship manager?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Flayer posted:

Wasn't Nuno like 10th on their list of preferred targets. Who are they going to go for now, some Championship manager?

Conte's favourite. Might be similar to when Klopp went to Liverpool in that he's available, but may not be if United take a hammering next week.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
What a sham of a club

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Flayer posted:

The problem is it is the ultimate poison chalice now. Recent good results (UCL runner up), shiny new stadium, massive chinned striker, it all looks good. Then you realise Levy is cheap, the squad is absolutely dire beyond Son and Kane and anything less than top 6 has you tarred as 'the job was too big for him'. Easy to see why managers are eager to swerve Levy's calls.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's got the same energy as the Arsenal job. Is Ledley King or some other ex-player available to take it on?

No way is Conte going to Spurs unless Levy promises him the moon and all the stars too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Why would Conte want the club now that it’s in even worse shape than the one he turned down?

He could go to a winner in any league in the world instead of a perennial loser.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Why does conte do anything.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Flayer posted:

It's got the same energy as the Arsenal job. Is Ledley King or some other ex-player available to take it on?

No way is Conte going to Spurs unless Levy promises him the moon and all the stars too.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

hadji murad posted:

Why would Conte want the club now that it’s in even worse shape than the one he turned down?

He could go to a winner in any league in the world instead of a perennial loser.

Well he was linked with the United job, so I don't think he's too bothered about winning things.

He's in "advanced talks" according to the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/01/nuno-sacked-by-tottenham-after-only-17-matches-as-manager

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Spurs are in a slightly better position than last season realistically because Paratici is in charge of making signings rather than Levy now and it was a pretty decent transfer window - particularly in terms of shipping players out - Rose, Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier, Alderweireld and Hart all needing moving on and the club is notoriously poo poo at doing that.
Romero, Emerson and Gil are all decent signing as well.

The main problem this season was a manager who was consistently out thought, who has just been sacked. Graham Potter now maybe?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I hear Steve Bruce is available. Lots of experience.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Spurs are in a slightly better position than last season realistically because Paratici is in charge of making signings rather than Levy now and it was a pretty decent transfer window - particularly in terms of shipping players out - Rose, Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier, Alderweireld and Hart all needing moving on and the club is notoriously poo poo at doing that.
Romero, Emerson and Gil are all decent signing as well.

The main problem this season was a manager who was consistently out thought, who has just been sacked. Graham Potter now maybe?

Potter with someone else in charge of signings would be good there. The twenty-something bloke he had running our transfers signed a load of shite, and he preferred Cam Carter-Vickers to Joe Rodon (and would have signed Matt Clarke ahead of Joe as well but Brighton poached him before the deal could be done).

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Nuno Espritu Santo has Now Suddenly Exited

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

No Nuno November

It's November and I liked this post so much I made a thread about it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983617

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If Graham Potter leaves Brighton for Spurs as it stands he is an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I just hope that whoever Spurs choose realize that they’re already over a barrel from a negotiation perspective and takes Levy to the cleaners.