Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

Edit: maybe Tampa is just better at beating up on bad teams than the Yankees are

But Tampa is a team full of AAAA scrubs and by the transitive property that would mean the Yankees are only AAA scrubs...

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

bawfuls posted:

World Series MVP Kevin Gausman

Edit: maybe Tampa is just better at beating up on bad teams than the Yankees are

They are better yes

Popete posted:

But Tampa is a team full of AAAA scrubs and by the transitive property that would mean the Yankees are only AAA scrubs...

:aaaaa:

I hate the Rays and think they are poo poo but that doesn't mean they aren't a good team on the field. Everything they do is just a detriment to the game but that is a different discussion

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He’s also a huge sensitive baby about guys bat flipping after they take him deep. Remember when he told Puig “don’t look at me” :lol:

edit: Bumgarner that is

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh my god Joe West is retiring?!

This is like Christmas.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I miss SA stuff on the weekends but did anyone make a gif of Angel Hernandez falling from the heavens and calling the Urshela out? That video was so drat funny.

https://www.mlb.com/video/chad-green-in-play-out-s-to-austin-meadows-rictd7

This angle of it from like, 11 seconds to 14 seconds. Legit looks like the umpire falls from the sky to make the out call.

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!
screw robo-umps, we need para-umps airdropping in to make calls

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

bawfuls posted:

World Series MVP Kevin Gausman

This is true. The AL is Tampa's to lose and it's not particularly close.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

bawfuls posted:

He’s also a huge sensitive baby about guys bat flipping after they take him deep. Remember when he told Puig “don’t look at me” :lol:

And that time was after a drat ground out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
First domino falls

https://twitter.com/DeeshaThosar/status/1445102356459368457

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I miss SA stuff on the weekends but did anyone make a gif of Angel Hernandez falling from the heavens and calling the Urshela out? That video was so drat funny.

https://www.mlb.com/video/chad-green-in-play-out-s-to-austin-meadows-rictd7

This angle of it from like, 11 seconds to 14 seconds. Legit looks like the umpire falls from the sky to make the out call.

I watched that clip like 50 times and legit never noticed him until you pointed it out.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Not surprising. Rojas was their fallback after Carlos Beltran got caught up in the Astros cheating scandal and "resigned," he was clearly never the Mets' intended guy.

I doubt Tingler and Rojas will be the only guys fired, though. I imagine Davey Martinez and Rocco Baldelli are frantically checking the caller ID every time their phones ring.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:getin:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I watched that clip like 50 times and legit never noticed him until you pointed it out.

What in the hell was Angel even doing?

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1444765845067112459

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It used to be if the WC winner and the 1 seed were from the same division, they wouldn't meet up in the Division Series and would instead be re-seeded. that's how we got those Yankees-Red Sox ALCS matchups.

But then they changed it so it doesn't happen any more.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Joe West is retiring

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess he felt like he had to rush to see if Gio actually caught it and held on and then he wiped out on his own? And everyone was so busy trying to make sure Gio wasn't dead no one noticed until he tipped over.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Just noticed that Gary stayed true to form and failed to catch Angel despite being otherwise positioned to do so.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Why didn'the just walk down the stairs instead of doing that weird snake slither down the handrail?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He appears to have foolishly thought he could lean over the handrail without gravity taking its due.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Popete posted:

Why didn'the just walk down the stairs instead of doing that weird snake slither down the handrail?

Angel Hernandez is not very smart

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

You're not actually surprised that Angel Hernandez hosed up a judgement call are you?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Oh nooooo.

Now do Sandy.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"not returning" as in both parties denying via some source that it's off the table or just as in, it's not on the rulebook as of right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"not returning" as in both parties denying via some source that it's off the table or just as in, it's not on the rulebook as of right now

My guess is that players like the rule because it means they're less likely to get stuck in exhausting, extended extra innings, so Manfred has decided to do a 180 and get rid of it so that if the players want to keep something they like they need to make concessions for it in the CBA. Same thing that appears to have happened to the universal DH this season.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The zombie runner was fine for 2021, the year of ramped up innings counts, arm injuries, six man rotations and bullpen games. But I'll be glad if it goes away next year.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ties in the regular season are fine

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Schedule is up

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1445145195738279943?s=19

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

bawfuls posted:

Ties in the regular season are fine

Extra innings are better.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Joe West is retiring
not before he takes one more turn in the spotlight of course

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/status/1445147442022866947

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

Extra innings are better.
so play up to 3 of them before calling a tie

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
OR, hear me out, they can play until someone wins like they've always done before

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

3on3 hockey owns for regular season OT so MLB should take a fielder off for every extra inning.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

3on3 hockey owns for regular season OT so MLB should take a fielder off for every extra inning.
this would be FAR better than zombie runners, I wholeheartedly endorse

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
3 extra innings then each team picks a player to bat and player or coach to throw for a 1-on-1 home run derby to break the tie. Any player is allowed to bat, even if they’ve been substituted for during the regular game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Excited to watch the Astros legitimately win a World Series

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

PLAYOFF TIER LIST

S:
nobody (Ms and Jays RIP)
A:
Brewers - because they have no rings
Cardinals - because their stupid win streak to get here is very funny to me
B:
White Sox - would be A tier but TLR is a dork
C:
Braves/Giants/Rays - no strong feelings
D:
Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers/Astros - y'all got shiny new rings and/or too many rings.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If the Dodgers win again does Bauer get a ring

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

Braves/Giants/Rays - no strong feelings
D:
Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers/Astros - y'all got shiny new rings and/or too many rings.
so the cutoff for "new" is somewhere between 4 and 7 years ago, good to know

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

If the Dodgers win again does Bauer get a ring
Typically the answer is yes though I think that's up to the team. I doubt they have the stones to tell him to gently caress off though. I do know postseason bonus shares are voted on by the players typically and word is they don't want him back so they'd presumably stiff him on that front at least.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hello my useless to the world Friday.