Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao god the salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Posting the words of a prophet

https://twitter.com/boardgeniuses/status/1446260757402902530?s=21

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

Get hosed PSU.

Get hosed Bama.

Hail Satan.

Hail Xort.

:hmmyes:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Got to watch texas lose on a last second* play and watch A&M win on a field goal hooked back right by the power of oil money and prayer, good day

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

/\/\/\/\

Traxis posted:

Lol, the Bama radio call of the final play

Those radio guys look like they sweat hamburger grease

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

You gotta put a warning up. I'm on a low sodium diet and that's enough salt to last me a week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys.

Y'know who's 6-0? Wake Forest.

Y'know who isn't? Alabama.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hey guys.

Y'know who's 6-0? Wake Forest.

Y'know who isn't? Alabama.

:hmmyes:

The math checks out.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Of course it had to be clown rear end aggie they are just the worst fan base the whole rotc thing is gross.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

Of course it had to be clown rear end aggie they are just the worst fan base the whole rotc thing is gross.

True, but I'm finding if I just focus more on the fact that Bama lost and less on the fact that the Aggies won, it's much more palatable.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Asproigerosis posted:

:balldo:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This has been a GLORIOUSLY chaotic day of football, and I am privileged to have shared this time with you all.

Hail Xort

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

go vandals

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
your #1 georgia bulldogs :smug:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF looked underwhelming and sloppy giving up a poo poo ton of first half yards to a hopeless, hapless Vandy squad.

Yes, I'm a big baby whining about a 42-0 shutout but this is a team that can definitely lose to LSU, will be blown out by UGA and could drop a Mizzou or FSU game for maximum embarrassment.

Gators are a better team than they were under Muschamp and McElwain, but I'm a bit disappointed in the overall Mullen experience. His loyalty to sentient Virginia ham at DC and unwillingness to accept responsibility for his own fuckups and shortcomings is wearing super suuuuuuuuper thin.

Luckily for him my opinion means gently caress-all.

Maybe I'm just tired. In general.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA down to benchwarmers, cheerleaders, and the pretzel cart guy at WR, but #1 is #1.

Dawgs/UK kinda? Sorta? For the East next week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m about done giving LSU the benefit of the doubt; I think they’re headed for 6-6

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i knew LSU's defense was bad, but i didn't know they were so bad as to allow the Wildcats to throw the ball

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA down to benchwarmers, cheerleaders, and the pretzel cart guy at WR, but #1 is #1.

Dawgs/UK kinda? Sorta? For the East next week.

Undefeated Georgia and Kentucky are playing next week for rank #1 overall in the SEC.

I cannot comprehend this.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Kentucky wins, don’t you have to rank them #1 in the nation?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Penn State, the school they facilitated the rape of children, was defeated on a field overlooked by a children’s hospital.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/SmallwoodTrent/status/1447064535458799616

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

General Dog posted:

If.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

General Dog posted:

No if Kentucky wins it’s proof that the SEC is 14 fraud-rear end teams this season and none of them should be ranked

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Claiming a transitive win over Alabama for Arkansas, woo pig :razorback: Seriously no idea how we sat on A&M like we did and then they turned around and beat Bama. CFB is weird this year.

Ole Miss/Arkansas was a great game. 2 point play call was a must, just didn’t execute. Primary option was gonna be an inside shovel pass to #20 iirc and he would have waltzed into the endzone untouched. The problem? Left side of the line collapsed so KJ had to take off running and didn’t get to see it. If the OL doesn’t whiff on the initial block, we win that game.

4-2 is better than I thought we would be at this point in the season, but I have no idea if we are actually any good or not. Guess we get another data point when the Bo Nix Experience comes to Fayetteville next week.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

No if Kentucky wins it’s proof that the SEC is 14 fraud-rear end teams this season and none of them should be ranked

What about Kentucky’s quality out conference wins against… uhh. Chattanooga and ULM?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

God drat, the ONE time I ever wanted Alabama to win (because I bet money on them [thought it was easy money against lovely A&M :ohdear:), they end up losing.... Maybe I should just ALWAYS want them to win, because I actually hate them :ssh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hobbesmaster posted:

What about Kentucky’s quality out conference wins against… uhh. Chattanooga and ULM?

This is unfair, they have transitive wins over Towson, Jackson State and SEMO too.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Beating Bama is never easy but the last time we did it I had a feeling before the game it could happen, and that team had Manziel, and that was before Saban had added a Death Star offense to his amazing defenses

This is genuinely the most out of nowhere performance I've ever seen from an A&M team especially when you look at what the offense did from Haynes going out against Colorado through Mississippi State (not a lot)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Today was a pretty good day of football for the big games but reminder that today was also the UMass UConn blood bowl

https://twitter.com/kylegrbwsk/status/1446966851494416384?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Meanwhile somewhere in Arizona:

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1447073174655438855

Also I just noticed that Vegas got the Michigan Nebraska spread we were wondering about last week just about spot on.

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
I guess Jimbo earned that extension.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m now praying super hard for Michigan to win out because I think they’re the team Iowa would have the best shot against in the CCG

Ohio State always has our number in big games
Penn State wouldn’t lose twice especially with 4 quarters out of their QB
Iowa vs. Michigan State in the Big Ten CCG is bad voodoo

Also Jim Harbaugh finally ruining Ohio State’s day after never being able to pull it off would be very satisfying

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m now praying super hard for Michigan to win out because I think they’re the team Iowa would have the best shot against in the CCG

Ohio State always has our number in big games
Penn State wouldn’t lose twice especially with 4 quarters out of their QB
Iowa vs. Michigan State in the Big Ten CCG is bad voodoo

Also Jim Harbaugh finally ruining Ohio State’s day after never being able to pull it off would be very satisfying

We can dream.

Unfortunately, while Iowa would absolutely crush the Michigan that played tonight, OSU would too. I think it's going to come down to Iowa/Ohio St for the conference game, with Iowa/MSU being a strong contender. If Iowa's defense can get off the starting blocks faster than they did today, I think they have a very good chance to win it.

Michigan related: an item on my bucket list is for Harbaugh's Michigan to fall short every year he's there. Then after he's finally fired/quits Michigan goes on to win everything the next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spencer Rattler's gotta be done in Oklahoma, right?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

You get yanked and they win that game? Yeah I don't see how you put him back in and pretend that didn't happen.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’ve been boomin and soonin all night and friends, it feels good

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kirios posted:

You'd think so. Especially when the crowd was clamoring for him to be benched. And then a freshman played lights out to the win. But coaching decisions like this have always confounded reason and logic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

You get yanked and they win that game? Yeah I don't see how you put him back in and pretend that didn't happen.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a QB's stock plummet that fast. He was a lock to be the #1 pick heading into the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Asproigerosis posted:

It's fine, everyone knows they'll come back down to earth soon enough