Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Eopia posted:

That's completely wrong, it's still the fusion suit with none of the armor pieces, it's just orange like the classic varia suit.

Huh, I could swear the shoulders and chest piece are back but it does look like a recolor. In the end picture there's only the new layer of pseudo muscle stuff that are restored itself.

Well, I guess I don't remember that 20 years old game that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

I feel like maybe the first E.M.M.I ran into Corpius and got wrecked?

That's possible. As Scary as the E.M.M.I are to Samus they probably would not be a match for something bigger and stronger then themselves. No matter how hard their armor is, something bigger then them crushing them will cause them damage.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think they did a (single) fake missile powerup in one of the GBA games, although I'm not sure which one. The fake powerup sprouted wings and attacked Samus while the room had an actual missile hidden in the walls.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Omobono posted:

I think they did a (single) fake missile powerup in one of the GBA games, although I'm not sure which one. The fake powerup sprouted wings and attacked Samus while the room had an actual missile hidden in the walls.

It was Fusion and there were at least two fake pickups where when you approached them, they'd turn into a hostile enemy, with the real pickup hidden nearby yeah.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The X are basically mimics. Of course they would imitate upgrades if given the chance.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

"I've decided to disguise myself as a weapon upgrade, I am a genius. All I have to do is wait for Samus to pick me up and absorb me into her power suit...

OH poo poo"

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

The X mimicking machines mimicking powerups was the funniest bit of trolling in Fusion, and I do wish the series would indulge in a little screwing with the player's expectations like that more.

Also, just to dispel a talking point in the video, Sakamoto never said the Prime series wasn't canon, merely that it was a different story to the one the 2D entries were telling.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I enjoyed you guys' previous metroid lps, looking forward to your reactions to this game.

Adam sounds like the "In AD 2101 war was beginning" voice. From the all your base song.

...Why yes, I am ancient, how did you know?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

I shared this with Maple Leaf and now I must share it with you. Just what is Samus doing while riding those elevators?

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r105q76DlI1rl6rtx.mp4

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

:allears:

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Man I want to hear so many songs on this now. :allears:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Man, being named Emmy makes this game a bit awkward to play. :v:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Olive Branch posted:

I shared this with Maple Leaf and now I must share it with you. Just what is Samus doing while riding those elevators?

I made my own:

https://twitter.com/CroiSSB/status/1453377356631060486

Inspired by this video (very high epilepsy/photo-sensitivity warning)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

What I imagined when I saw the tram zone transitions
https://twitter.com/feyerbrandx/status/1447370553434775555

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Video has a bit clipped out of the beginning which then creates audio desync, until the video jumps backward at ~1:36 and fixes itself.
Apparently this is something youtube did to the video temporarily; reloading the page fixed it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

"It's like a metroid prime hunters thing where there's only two bosses so they only show the cutscene once"

Oh I wish hunter's did that.

Also Emmi Rald is clearly friends with Crystal and Amber :colbert:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You can't go back to get those ten missiles submerged in lava for now, I think? I didn't see a valid route on the minimap when you left that area, you blew up the entry point.

The game often enough does an autosave, too bad it doesn't tell you about it. It might just have made a save after acquiring the Varia Suit.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

You can go back and get it with infinite bomb jumping :ssh:

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Torrannor posted:

You can't go back to get those ten missiles submerged in lava for now, I think? I didn't see a valid route on the minimap when you left that area, you blew up the entry point.

The game often enough does an autosave, too bad it doesn't tell you about it. It might just have made a save after acquiring the Varia Suit.

It definitely does autosave at the Varia Suit room, so you can absolutely keep trying until you get those missiles. I know this because the timing window is pretty tight (even worse on hard mode, though it's still possible), you can get it and get out but you basically need to have full energy when you start and you'll barely survive. I died a lot here. Environmental damage in this game is really aggressive and seems to increase over time the longer you're in the thing, I don't get the impression they want you tanking it to grab stuff early (though you definitely still can in places).

I'm not sure whether you're actually blocked off from making another circuit of the area right now, though, I never tried that.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

OK that kraid intro was great. Samus jumps down into the obvious boss arena, primed and ready for action. She peers forward into the darkness weapon ready as something big can faintly be seen in the darkness.

Then suddenly she just relaxes and goes, "oh its you again" before the camera pans over to kraid and the bit where she nonchalantly blasts him(her? It?) in the face.

The game really wants to be a horror game, but Samus just gives zero fucks. It's great.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It seems like it would be easier to use the cloak to escape the yellow EMMI, instead trying to run away from it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also on the Kraid fight ending. His restraints were keeping him suspended. When Samus broke the second last one on his head at the end the last one could not hold his weight so he sunk into the Lava.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

FoolyCharged posted:

OK that kraid intro was great. Samus jumps down into the obvious boss arena, primed and ready for action. She peers forward into the darkness weapon ready as something big can faintly be seen in the darkness.

Then suddenly she just relaxes and goes, "oh its you again" before the camera pans over to kraid and the bit where she nonchalantly blasts him(her? It?) in the face.

The game really wants to be a horror game, but Samus just gives zero fucks. It's great.

It's such a delight.

Has a port-mortem on Dread's development come out? Because while no way they stated it outright, a "look at Other M narrative and do the opposite" directive would not surprise me.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Omobono posted:

It's such a delight.

Has a port-mortem on Dread's development come out? Because while no way they stated it outright, a "look at Other M narrative and do the opposite" directive would not surprise me.

I wouldn't be surprised. But I also sort of see it as an extension of how she behaved in Samus Returns. There weren't many bosses in that since each metroid sort of was treated like one. But the Power Bomb boss she loving hated. And I can't blame her since that thing lasted one round too many. Her shooting it in the face when it was trying to go for round 4 and then imploding it with a power bomb was the best moment in the game (granted it had to go through the worst moment in the game to reach it)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Hang on I think we've mixed up Don't Dead Open Inside with the Long-time Nuclear Waste Warning. This a place place is of not honor?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Fedule posted:

Hang on I think we've mixed up Don't Dead Open Inside with the Long-time Nuclear Waste Warning. This a place place is of not honor?

Yes, Youtube comments helpfully let me know that I'm dumb and mistaken. Now my mistake is forever on the internet.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Maple Leaf posted:

Yes, Youtube comments helpfully let me know that I'm dumb and mistaken. Now my mistake is forever on the internet.

The internet is always on and it never forgets.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I appreciate Maple Leaf making noises when Samus does something physically taxing, like barely hanging on to a ledge. It gives the LP a better atmosphere :)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Pretty sure that thing in the tank was Draygon.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Pretty sure that thing in the tank was Draygon.

It's been such a long time since I played Super Metroid :aaaaa:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So a new feature of the Speed Booster the game does not tell old players Is that you keep the speed boost after doing Wall Jumps.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I experienced a lot of "just one more save point" with this game

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Just one more turn, I can stop this grand conquest any time I want... oh hey the sun is rising.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

So a fun little detail of Samus Returns’ final completion reward, the image of Raven Beak standing over the dead Thoha, was entitled 2d/10, which when you divide 10 by 2 and add the red color that the original picture was, creates the phrase 5dred. Unbelievably, I think Sakamoto intended to carry onto this game regardless of how Samus Returns performed, just wanting to see how Mercury Steam worked with the series first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
It sounded like you guys thought that was Raven Beak you killed in that chamber - I don't think it was. Pretty sure that dude is going to be either the final boss or close to it.