Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
God this team rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
new thread

2021 World Series: Go Braves, I guess.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kirios posted:

2021 Dodgers are the best team to never make the World Series. They spent, what, 270 million? Absolutely star studded group that withstood a bunch of injuries that would devastate any other team?

Just...wow, can't believe they didn't make it.

I mean, I would argue that they did not, in fact, withstand a bunch of injuries, as evidenced by their season being over.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol that the 106 win team and the 107 win team didn't make it to the world series over an 88 win atlanta scrub team.

They tired themselves out all year long winning baseball games, lol.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

freddie bought those john lackey teeth

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Tatsuta Age posted:

gently caress the dodgers, spend another $100m next year fools!

They will my friend lol

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

loving lol that the Dodgers and Giants fought a war of attrition only for the 88-win Braves to win the pennant

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I have it on good authority that actually Turner's long fly out would have been a home run anywhere else so this is a fraudulent series win

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

guess I'll be buying a rosario jersey now

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

LeeMajors posted:

They tired themselves out all year long winning baseball games, lol.

genuinely think it was the division race that did it even more than the division series. just burned through so much when honestly a lot of those wins didn't even matter, seeding-wise

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am obligated as a Braves fan in Texas to at least try to go to one game in this series but Houston fans are lowsy with cash and I doubt tickets are gonna be within my price range

Doesn't help that Houston is Atlanta's playoff kryptonite and has been since before they moved to the AL

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol that the 106 win team and the 107 win team didn't make it to the world series over an 88 win atlanta scrub team.

Seeding is stupid

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

freddie bought those john lackey teeth

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I. M. Gei posted:

I am obligated as a Braves fan in Texas to at least try to go to one game in this series but Houston fans are lowsy with cash and I doubt tickets are gonna be within my price range

Doesn't help that Houston is Atlanta's playoff kryptonite and has been since before they moved to the AL

I think you have that backwards. Those old Braves teams would always stomp the Astros in the playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I can't believe we held the dodgers and all their weaponry to 2 runs, multiple times, and are going to the world series

that's the post. I literally can't believe it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

rofl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Barves, bitch

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

bob costas hard sneak dissing us on the postgame lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Haha my son has the same yellow triangle pop it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think you have that backwards. Those old Braves teams would always stomp the Astros in the playoffs

that was true in the 90s and early 00s but it really flipped around after that, around the whole 18 inning game thing

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

elentar posted:

that was true in the 90s and early 00s but it really flipped around after that, around the whole 18 inning game thing

My heart still hurts for Joey Devine

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I still cannot wrap my head around "will smith has been perfect so far in the 2021 postseason"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

You better be sniffling during this celebration, Luke Jackson

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

one more for tyler matzek

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-10/23/e956b92c-79c68659-b8820af4-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

THAT PART

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha what has he done with his facial hair my god

"give me the jagged smudge, please"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm glad this won't be in the Astrodome, because in my nightmares its just a 1-9 of Derek Bells hitting stinging liners into shallow left that tailed into the corners over and over and over again.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Three teams with 100 or more wins, none of them won a series against a team with a worse record than themselves

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Three teams with 100 or more wins, none of them won a series against a team with a worse record than themselves

forget it, jack, it's Cardinaltown

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ProperCoochie posted:

anyone else like baseball?? type 123 if yes

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I knew it was bad so I'm glad it didn't matter

https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/status/1452281267500814340

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Seriously the OG Atros were ten kinds of horribad in those days, it'd be the easiest lay-up ever.