Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Xiaohu, Waylon, Naijou.

Edit: Update is on the previous page.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Naijou, Shelly, Marlin.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Naijou, Xiaohu and Ace

NyoroEevee
May 21, 2020
Xiaohu, Waylon, and Shelly.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Merula, Xiaohu, Naijou

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Thanks for voting, everyone! Final results:

quote:

Xiaohu: 14
Naijou: 10
Shelly: 9

Waylon: 9
Marlin: 4
Merula: 3
Ace: 2

I flipped a coin, and Shelly won the tiebreaker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

theshim posted:

yesssssssssss

EO4 is such a goddamn good game and I'm super here to see you show it off

:yeah:

The Hollow Queen was probably the boss I struggled the most with of the mainline bosses. Even including the side bosses, it's probably still Top 4.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 14.

This entire LP really has been nothing but a string of excessive delays, huh? Unfortunately, the start of this year has not stopped kicking my rear end mentally, but with winter being over and after a rejuvenating trip up to see my girlfriend earlier this month, I feel up to working on this stuff again. Hopefully I can finish the 3rd Land before the year is over...

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rea posted:

Update 14.

This entire LP really has been nothing but a string of excessive delays, huh? Unfortunately, the start of this year has not stopped kicking my rear end mentally, but with winter being over and after a rejuvenating trip up to see my girlfriend earlier this month, I feel up to working on this stuff again. Hopefully I can finish the 3rd Land before the year is over...

Welcome back.

Kindly (late land 4 spoilers) gently caress off with your discord sowing Whirlwind. Good thing Harper shut him down badly without even thinking.
Here's hoping Waylon tears him a new one later on.

Links are starting to be bonkers, and it's not even their final form yet.
The Count (and Margherita) is the best city ruler in these games, even if Ramus (5) puts up a fight every now and then.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 15.

Life is continuing to kick my rear end, unfortunately, hence the delay.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 16.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish the Golden Lair was a bit more visually interesting, kinda like a mix of the Magma Caves from III with II's Frozen Grounds.

Rea posted:

Life is continuing to kick my rear end, unfortunately, hence the delay.

I can relate. I wanted to do a Let's Play as well, and then circumstances changed to the point that I pretty much have no energy to engage with my plans. :negative:

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
I just read all of this LP, and I have to say:

Holy poo poo I COMPLETELY misunderstood how Link attacks work.

I thought that, for the Link attack to fire off properly, you had to hit the enemy with the same elemental attack. That is, Blazing Link doesn't do a fire elemental swing as a follow up, it only follow ups fire-elemental attacks.

So I ended up putting all of my Landsknecht's points into their non-Link abilities, turning them into the odd stat-debuffer, straightforward damage dealer build that nobody else seemed to have ever build. I thought the Link build required multiple Runemasters or skewed elemental party comps to consistently make the Link follow ups actually trigger consistently.

Now I want to dig out my 3DS and play through it all over again. Thanks for opening my eyes!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Links never feel as good in any other Etrian/Persona Q game as they do in EO4.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Links are weird in the Persona Qs.

So the way Persona Q skills operate is that instead of using your equipped weapon as the base damage, they use the skill's base damage, and both Persona Qs share the damage formula with EO3 and 4. (This also means weapons do jack poo poo in the Persona Qs other than increasing basic attack damage and All Out Attack damage.)

All links in both games have a base damage of 40. Double Link increases this to 58, Triple Link to 68, Quadruple Link to 78, and Infinite Link to 88.

There are passive skills that add to each follow up's damage, ala Link Mastery. Except these skills have far greater an effect. Where Link Mastery is just a 1.08x multiplier, the link boosting skills directly add onto the link's base damage. Resonance adds on +15 base damage. Golden Link adds on +20. Telepathic Bond adds on +25. Each time.

Oh and thanks to some bizarre skill coding, you can also boost the damage of links even further. While the initial hit counts as strength damage, follow ups are coded as magic damage. This normally has no effect, as follow ups copy the base hit. Unless the target has a magic bind. If that's the case, watch your link damage skyrocket to the moon!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update 17.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
oh hell ya

i can't remember where i dropped off playing during this Act, but it was definitely somewhere before going to the Sentinel village

stoked to see past that

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's kinda neat how Kibagami's sort of more of a "PVP"-esque fight than the previous rival fights in the series. Since it's explicitly those skills in action instead of branching off that with their own variety of skills with the previous guild fights.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ah, subclasses. Ultimate power for some (looking at Nightseekers) and a decent powerup for most other classes.

I'm glad they fixed the implementation from how EO3 subclass system was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
There's still some clear choices for subclassing, Blood Surge is an obvious path to raw damage, but generally every subclass is viable here which is nice. I've run through the game twice with no overlap of classes or subclasses, and both parties felt great to play.