Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/jerezkrd/status/1467715038983204866?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
When was the last time we had a player eat themselves out of the league?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Darius Garland is the best player from the 2019 draft

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenMedium posted:

Well Chuck tried to eat himself out of getting drafted by the 76ers.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ChickenMedium posted:

not the last time, just the best time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLIYhC7vyIA&t=20s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Zion is becoming the hill of Jerusalem.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

Lillard intends to give the Trail Blazers organization time to find its next leader of basketball operations. But beyond the front office component, the face of the franchise still wants significant changes to the roster. Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lillard would like to play with Philadelphia 76ers three-time All-Star Ben Simmons. The Trail Blazers’ league-worst defense would instantly improve, and sharing a backcourt with a non-shooter could work given Lillard’s high-volume usage.

Sources say the Trail Blazers, under Olshey, discussed the framework of a trade for Simmons, moving CJ McCollum, a first-round draft pick and a young player such as Nassir Little or Anfernee Simons to Philadelphia. The 76ers, sources said, at one point asked the Trail Blazers for McCollum and multiple draft picks and multiple draft swaps, which Portland rejected. Olshey maintained significant confidence in the roster he constructed. Now, it’s unclear if there’s a deal to be had with the 76ers. But with Olshey out, who among chair Jody Allen, vice chair Bert Kolde and Cronin would be the one making the call on a Simmons trade or any acquisition designed to alleviate Lillard’s concerns?

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1467856623179898887?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So when is the trade deadline this year?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zion should become a Tackle

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ChickenMedium posted:

Caleb Swanigan

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

Zion should become a Tackle

Zion could probably mess with Jordan Mailata soon enough.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Daishen Nix ate himself out of the league before he was even drafted.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Zion’s trainer told him to get into basketball shape, and he obliged

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ChickenMedium posted:

Zhaire Smith :(

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Algund Eenboom posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm glad.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Algund Eenboom posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Playing basketball at the moment until Ja gets better.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1467860127008976902
Can this just happen already?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
https://twitter.com/dame_lillard/status/1467887169779875841?s=21

I really like Dame but I’m getting a little tired of this whole leak and deny thing. It’s okay to be unhappy! We get it!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Didn't realize that JaVontae Green has covid too, the Bulls seem close to a full team outbreak.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Morey is going to land Lillard isn't he?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

OzFactor posted:

https://twitter.com/dame_lillard/status/1467887169779875841?s=21

I really like Dame but I’m getting a little tired of this whole leak and deny thing. It’s okay to be unhappy! We get it!

If you want to know what Lillard thinks you have to listen to his album. It's the perfect cross sell opportunity

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Might not be a real soon thing. The Raptors wanted to keep Sam Dekker and probably would have benefitted from his shooting, but he was cut to get under the luxury tax threshold. With Dragic's big fat contract just sitting there to be bought out, that would be consistent with the Raptors wanting to hold him for trade purposes. Presumably more as trade ballast than talent, given that his play has been so bad his spot on the depth chart is behind the guy behind a raw, 2nd round pick rookie.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Galaxy brain trade Embiid for Dame with the understanding that this will fix Ben's mental and he'll start playing again.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm OK with chaos mode Blazers at this point. If they can make CJ for Benjimin work gently caress it, go for it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/1467875660676878340

oh we going all the way negative today huh

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Lockback posted:

no but maybe McCollum (who would not move the needle for the Sixers)

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

I'm not readin this

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Im only willing to read it if they attack his rapping ability

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lockback posted:

Don’t you dare give me hope!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ScoopB/status/1467906895356829706

lmao Kyrie

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexo posted:

lmao Kyrie

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is kyrie being paid

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Maneck posted:

Might not be a real soon thing. The Raptors wanted to keep Sam Dekker and probably would have benefitted from his shooting, but he was cut to get under the luxury tax threshold. With Dragic's big fat contract just sitting there to be bought out, that would be consistent with the Raptors wanting to hold him for trade purposes. Presumably more as trade ballast than talent, given that his play has been so bad his spot on the depth chart is behind the guy behind a raw, 2nd round pick rookie.

I don't know if it is fair to say his play has gotten that bad. He played one game this season and had a decent one. I think they are just prioritizing developing someone that will be there next season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

is kyrie being paid

CIA plant.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

In the sense that you can’t win anything when your best player is a bottom 5 defender every year this is true.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

EXCLUSIVE chat i had with some people who sat next to kyrie a few weeks ago who said nothing of substance whatsoever INCLUDING a former NETS PLAYER

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dexo posted:

CIA plant.

i meant by the nets but im open to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OzFactor posted:

EXCLUSIVE chat i had with some people who sat next to kyrie a few weeks ago who said nothing of substance whatsoever INCLUDING a former NETS PLAYER

That’s why he’s a Bally’s sport insider! Didn’t someone say that of all the regional networks that Bally’s is like one of the shittiest in terms of NBA broadcasts?