Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Red Rox posted:

So I’m hearing about a 3-way trade that involves Simmons?

- Grizzlies get Simmons
- Thunder get Tyrese Maxey, Steven Adams, Zaire Williams, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2024 first-round pick and a 2026 first-round pick
- 76ers get SGA and picks

Does that even work?

Thunder are not using away a superstar guy who they have years of contract control over for a bunch of spare parts and picks.

76ers aren't getting the best player AND picks.

This is a 76er pipe dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sam Jones, Ten Time NBA champion, Dies at 88
https://dnyuz.com/2021/12/31/sam-jones-sharpshooting-celtics-star-of-the-1960s-dies-at-88/

One of the four players to play in 10+ NBA finals. Along with Bill Russell, KAJ and LBJ.

One of the two players to win 10+ NBA titles. Bill Russell is the other.

predicto posted:

Was that from the short three point line of the mid 1990s?

He never averaged 3/5 from 3P range but one of his 2/5 seasons took place in 1990 and the other in 1995 (when the line was shorter).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It would be funny if it happened, just because OKC gets even more 1sts

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Let the Sixers live. Maybe they could package those picks with Tobias to get some legit allstar.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Ammanas posted:

why would any of the teams do this

the grizz dont need simmons
the thunder get late picks and lose a young star
the 76ers maybe "win" with sga

nah

I dunno man, the guys in my basketball messenger group seems pretty convinced!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The reason you get so many first round picks is to hopefully get a young player as good as SGA, lmao. That would be like winning powerball and spending it all on more lottery tickets

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The annual explanation that the Thunder probably aren’t trading SGA.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

The annual explanation that the Thunder probably aren’t trading SGA.

I guess Zion is injured so there needs to be some "Why didn't the small market team trade their star for mid round picks and rotation guys so they don't lose the star for nothing in 6 years" going around.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

The reason you get so many first round picks is to hopefully get a young player as good as SGA, lmao. That would be like winning powerball and spending it all on more lottery tickets

That would be like having Prime Westbrook, Harden, and KD and blowing it up inexplicably

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Please do not trade Maxey

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

a new study bible! posted:

That would be like having Prime Westbrook, Harden, and KD and blowing it up inexplicably

It’s dumb but it wasn’t inexplicable. Harden wanted a team where he was The Guy and Durant left in free agency, it wasn’t shipping their best player to a better team and getting a bunch of flotsam in return, which is what that trade would be.

Also Memphis giving up Steven Adams (plus picks) for Ben Simmons seems like a bad idea given how well he’s played for them this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

memphis has cool vibes, you can't blow them up with Simmons Discourse from deranged philly fans weighing on every possession

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What do you non-Sixers fans think of Maxey's value at this point? I guess what other player would you say he most rates most closely with?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Trading simmons is dumb as poo poo too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

What do you non-Sixers fans think of Maxey's value at this point? I guess what other player would you say he most rates most closely with?

pulling a name out of my rear end: jalen brunson

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

I guess Zion is injured so there needs to be some "Why didn't the small market team trade their star for mid round picks and rotation guys so they don't lose the star for nothing in 6 years" going around.

People haven't stopped doing Zion trades. In fact, they have picked up lately precisely because he is injured. Better to get something for him now while he can still play!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

kingcobweb posted:

This is a remarkably common behavior.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Look we can all agree that nobody should trade for Simmons.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bossman talked to his rep and I'm getting free Cavs tickets :toot:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Look we can all agree that nobody should trade for Simmons.

Minnesota needs to ship DLo out there for him, they’ll probably be fine with Ant and Beas

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s very humorous seeing Sixers fans insist that Simmons value hasn’t changed at all by him not playing just that the number of teams willing to make a deal at the end of the season increases without making the connection that player value is a meaningless thing that depends highly on timing and context and external factors

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

It’s very humorous seeing Sixers fans insist that Simmons value hasn’t changed at all by him not playing just that the number of teams willing to make a deal at the end of the season increases without making the connection that player value is a meaningless thing that depends highly on timing and context and external factors

Pretty sure everyone is guilty of this.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

Minnesota needs to ship DLo out there for him, they’ll probably be fine with Ant and Beas

Morey said no.

Though I kinda love Dlo now. He's exactly my kind of bad player who does just enough you'll forget he's actually not a good player.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

In an ideal world one would be able to trade simmons and harris for a player on a normal contract

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

BisBACK

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1477108074972393472

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bismack biyombo to the suns

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings have turned Gentry into the I’m Too Old For This poo poo coach

https://twitter.com/jandersonsacbee/status/1477093692531830784

https://twitter.com/fcartoscelli3/status/1477091855045054467

Gentry was 3 days from retirement until that guy came in and puked up the place

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I applaud Gentry daring Monte to fire him a month after getting the job

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The knicks are stinky

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Metapod posted:

The knicks are stinky

all is right with the world

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Metapod posted:

The knicks are stinky

Ain’t going great to be sure

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Biyombo still looked good circa last year so good pickup for the Suns.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also for some reason they canceled my NBA India League pass account but they let me sign up for it again today for $8 so I'm still coming out ahead.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Suns Poster Bismack Billabongo was prescient

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
John Ireland, Lakers radio announcer, entered COVID protocols today. This is significant to me because this motherfucker spent 3/4 of the game coughing on Tuesday night, he definitely had COVID at that time but for whatever reason he wasn't popping as positive; I didn't listen to the Wednesday game, I was in the woods, but I bet he coughed all through that game, too. No one ever was like "hey maybe we should tell this guy who is constantly coughing to stay the gently caress home while we're 10 deep into players on protocols?"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I will scream if memphis trades for Ben Simmons. That is my nightmare

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

iamsosmrt posted:

he’s a fine starter, probably about as good as reggie jackson or spencer dinwiddie

not someone you need to replace on a championship roster but not someone who’s going to drag you to 50 wins either

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

I will scream if memphis trades for Ben Simmons. That is my nightmare

he'd be so sick on that team, so many good guards to play next to

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol Knicks. The Celtics being less embarrassing than the knicks is the only register my fandom is maintaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Happy New Year Thread from CST