Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
https://twitter.com/dame_lillard/status/1467887169779875841?s=21

I really like Dame but I’m getting a little tired of this whole leak and deny thing. It’s okay to be unhappy! We get it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

EXCLUSIVE chat i had with some people who sat next to kyrie a few weeks ago who said nothing of substance whatsoever INCLUDING a former NETS PLAYER

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Pacers get Wall and picks
Blazers get Turner and TJ Warren (or a piece of paper that says TJ Warren)
Mavs get CJ
Rockets get LaVert and Porzingis and whatever second-rounders are left over

There, I did it, I fixed the NBA

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Spacebump posted:

lol this makes the Mavs worse.

I admit to not having watched them much at all this season and am still operating on the assumption that KP is a continued disappointment and the constant hum of "they need a secondary creator" that seems stuck to them in the Luka era. Is KP playing better?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Hey, you guys remember that one time when the NBA was the major flag-bearer that signaled the start of the pandemic? img-this-is-fine.gif

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

"[url posted:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/twolves-notes-russell-edwards-rubio-starters.html[/url]]
Point guard D’Angelo Russell may be having a down year shooting the ball (.383/.330/.817), but he’s proven to be an essential player for the Timberwolves, writes Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic. Krawczynski argues that Russell might be the team’s most important player this season due to his unexpected two-way impact — he’s defending with gusto for the first time in his career — and the lack of other play-makers on the roster.

Krawczynski relays that the 12-15 Wolves, currently the No. 9 seed in the West, are 0-5 without Russell this season — each defeat by double figures. They are a respectable 12-10 when he plays. He writes that Russell’s willingness to shoot creates space for teammates, and his presence on defense has been a boon. Head coach Chris Finch praised Russell’s communication when playing zone defense.

“He’s smart, knows where he should be, knows where his teammates should be, so yes, for sure, he can anchor the defense with his voice,” Finch said. “Certainly gives confidence to those guys that they know what’s behind them.”

Does it, though? If he took seven fewer shots a game, would defenses suddenly say "oh, well, we can play off DLo now, where we couldn't before!" It's getting kind of hard to argue that he has some kind of defensive impact as they are one of the best defensive teams in the league when he's on the floor (100.8 ppp) and mediocre-to-bad when he's off (108.3 ppp). But, like, can't he just shoot a little less?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I reeeeeally think they should pause the season. But in lighter news:

https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/1471603319806181378?s=20

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Kyrie Irving is set to return to the N- *touches earpiece* Kyrie Irving has entered health and safety protocols

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Alex Caruso is invisible to the entire Lakers organization, don't blame Russ and DJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Metapod posted:

Jamal Crawford is 41 years old and absolute trash

Counterpoint: Jamal Crawford scored 51 points in his second-to-last NBA game