Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Clash was despised in Magic, and that was in 2007. It's too random. If it was a mixed class set maybe you could be sure your Guardian deck would win a clash against a Ninja, but here it's likely your opponent has a similar power average in their deck.

It feels even worse than MtG Clash. In Magic, losing a clash only failed to give you a bonus to your card, so you paid a half mana or so too much for the effect you got.

Clash also let you manipulate your top deck, either for subsequent clashes or for your draw.

In FaB losing a clash benefits your opponent. Since the majority of clashes are when you defend, you can't rely on the clash for your turn AND your opponent gets to have a blocking turn with knowledge that they have the clash benefits if they won the clash.

And since FaB clash doesn't let you scry/opt the card to top or bottom it feels rougher in multiples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

PJOmega posted:

It feels even worse than MtG Clash. In Magic, losing a clash only failed to give you a bonus to your card, so you paid a half mana or so too much for the effect you got.

Clash also let you manipulate your top deck, either for subsequent clashes or for your draw.

In FaB losing a clash benefits your opponent. Since the majority of clashes are when you defend, you can't rely on the clash for your turn AND your opponent gets to have a blocking turn with knowledge that they have the clash benefits if they won the clash.

And since FaB clash doesn't let you scry/opt the card to top or bottom it feels rougher in multiples.

It's really bad in sealed. Apparently it's making big waves for Kayo in CC however.

I might play in the Road to Nationals. It's CC, which I'm not super familiar with, and I'm trying to narrow down an OG Dash list. Waiting for people more experienced than me to start putting out decklists.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

It's really bad in sealed. Apparently it's making big waves for Kayo in CC however.

I can see that. When you can build your deck to be mostly clash 7+ and able to sideboard out effects when you can't reliably win clashes is where it will shine.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
It kinda feels like adult Kayo is the second coming of Starvo.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
LSS revealed 3 of the heroes from Part the Mistveil - https://fabtcg.com/articles/mst/

We're getting an assassin, illusionist, and a ninja. All three have the new "Mystic" talent and a secondary resource called Chi that we dont know much about.

The new illusionist looks very cool, and she even has 40 life this time so she might not be DoA.

They also unveiled a new box set like the "round the table" professor thing that comes with a playmat, the 3 blitz decks for the above heroes, and some boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

i poop fire posted:

LSS revealed 3 of the heroes from Part the Mistveil - https://fabtcg.com/articles/mst/

We're getting an assassin, illusionist, and a ninja. All three have the new "Mystic" talent and a secondary resource called Chi that we dont know much about.

The new illusionist looks very cool, and she even has 40 life this time so she might not be DoA.

They also unveiled a new box set like the "round the table" professor thing that comes with a playmat, the 3 blitz decks for the above heroes, and some boosters.

I want Crouching Tiger to be good. Can't wait for Zen.