Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Uh he stated Nazi were bad to Nazis, that's his bone to pick
Rest of their monsterous design? Not a note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

Relistening to some of the old non-Project Camelot Wacky Wednesdays. I miss Lionel, Lionel Lionel Lionel.

God drat IT.

Got that drat Gypsy Kings song stuck in my head again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Mauser posted:

The courts need to order him to read one (1) book on ww2

i'm almost certain he, or at the very least his more outspoken followers, would call older WW2 books 'woke' for declaring the nazis the losers

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
"We gotta stop dissin the Nazis all the time." "Uhhh...ok"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mauser posted:

The courts need to order him to read one (1) book on ww2

The courts need to bar him from buying or owning any more guns due to mental health concerns and then order him to personally give every gun he owns to a gay, Black trans Muslim. Who has the option of selling said gun(s) he gives them to a cop overseeing it as part of a buyback scheme; whereupon it's immediately destroyed in front of Alex. I'm honestly not sure which part of it would hurt him more; losing his guns, giving them to someone who embodies basically everything he hates or seeing his guns destroyed, but I'm pretty sure he'd rather explode on the spot than do any of it.

Grand Fromage posted:

Relistening to some of the old non-Project Camelot Wacky Wednesdays. I miss Lionel, Lionel Lionel Lionel.

Why did the pod stop covering Project Camelot episodes? Did they just run out of what they felt were fun episodes, did Carey's antisemitic underpinnings get a bit too much? I'm only about 110 episodes into listening from the beginning, but I do see they haven't touched it in a good while.

tsob fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 27, 2024

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

tsob posted:

The courts need to bar him from buying or owning any more guns due to mental health concerns and then order him to personally give every gun he owns to a gay, Black trans Muslim. Who has the option of selling said gun(s) he gives them to a cop overseeing it as part of a buyback scheme; whereupon it's immediately destroyed in front of Alex.

Why did the pod stop covering Project Camelot episodes? Did they just run out of what they felt were fun episodes, did Carey's antisemitic underpinnings get a bit too much? I'm only about 110 episodes into listening from the beginning, but I do see they haven't touched it in a good while.

Only more recently the source material was, if I remember correctly, put behind a paywell.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I believe it was the antisemitism that poisoned their ability to write her off as a harmless weirdo

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

ILL Machina posted:

"We gotta stop dissin the Nazis all the time." "Uhhh...ok"

This randomly plays in my head at least once a day and I laugh every time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

tsob posted:

Kerry got really, really into Qanon and covid poo poo so became a lot harder to find interesting episodes. Dan still checks in occasionally, they did a Project Camelot not that long ago but it's rare compared to the old days.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Grand Fromage posted:

Kerry got really, really into Qanon and covid poo poo so became a lot harder to find interesting episodes. Dan still checks in occasionally, they did a Project Camelot not that long ago but it's rare compared to the old days.

I also think the Squatch stuff might have soured them on it a bit. As hilarious as I found it, if I were in their place I'd be worried that continuing to cover Project Camelot or similar small time conspiracy nutters might encourage more of that kind of thing.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Squatch Ambassador posted:

I also think the Squatch stuff might have soured them on it a bit. As hilarious as I found it, if I were in their place I'd be worried that continuing to cover Project Camelot or similar small time conspiracy nutters might encourage more of that kind of thing.

I didn't end up listening to that interview ep. was it that bad?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Color Printer posted:

I didn't end up listening to that interview ep. was it that bad?

Nah they seem fine, Dan just has a strong don't touch the poop position.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Squatch poop touching was extremely tasteful imo

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was curious how Kerry responded to the email she received about Solomon Berg being dead and apparently she posted about it on a blog or something 6 months ago. I got this on the KF Reddit.

Kerry Cassidy posted:

RIP Major Solomon Berg

I HAVE SOME VERY SAD NEWS.. MY WHISTLEBLOWER MAJOR SOLOMON BERG HAS DIED... I was contacted by a secret connection and I understand he died from a fast acting form related to the BIOWEAPON called Covid19. He was a wonderfull man and a very lovely soul. HE WILL BE MISSED. I have no further information except that the person who contacted me assured me this is true information and sent a recording of his funeral which i cannot access. MUCH LOVE AND MANY THANKS TO THE BRAVE SOLOMON BERG...I firmly believe the dark side KILLED HIM as he was on the run for his life in his last communique with me.... SEE BELOW FOR THE EXCELLENT INTERVIEWS I DID WITH HIM.

I always expected her to realize she was being pranked. It's not like it was hard to find a bunch of folks talking about the joke with even the simplest of searches. Maybe she eventually did and just continued to play her part to kind of save face and protect the grift. Or maybe she just really doesn't think to do any level of checking. I'd find either believable.

I learned recently that she eventually realized the DJ Danarchy remix of her song was not made by fans of hers and deleted the positive comment she left on the video. So she has at least orbited the KF online fanbase.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

I was curious how Kerry responded to the email she received about Solomon Berg being dead and apparently she posted about it on a blog or something 6 months ago. I got this on the KF Reddit.

I always expected her to realize she was being pranked. It's not like it was hard to find a bunch of folks talking about the joke with even the simplest of searches. Maybe she eventually did and just continued to play her part to kind of save face and protect the grift. Or maybe she just really doesn't think to do any level of checking. I'd find either believable.

I learned recently that she eventually realized the DJ Danarchy remix of her song was not made by fans of hers and deleted the positive comment she left on the video. So she has at least orbited the KF online fanbase.

Of course she does the conspiracy-boomer style RANDOM ALL CAPS.

I knew that at some bone-deep level but it’s nice to have confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
They were able to retrieve enough behind-the-scenes info to suggest that Kerry was not a true believer, and that her own lore was just a performance she did for the cameras.

Their hypothesis was to test one of Dan's suggestions to see if presenting a non-fascistic form on politics in a style compatible to her own UFO lore would get Kerry to adopt it. Being practiced enough as science-fiction authors, they believed they were situated to produce the necessary material and make the attempt. They were not anticipating her UFO lore to just be a mode of organization which only exists to keep the show going, rather than any genuine belief. Unexpected, but this put the experiment to rout.

Though the method by which we came to this information violated the prime directive which existed at the time, knowing Kerry was fundamentally a cynic in regards to her own status as a "space weirdo" was knowledge we nontheless required. I'm no longer bothered by the lack of Wacky Wednesday, because our understanding of Project Camelot is essentially complete as of now.