Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Knowledge Fight but Felix Biederman instead of Jordan. Still withering insights about a mad man but actually funny and I don’t go deaf needlessly.

yeah like I think this would work or honestly there are probably a ton of funny people that would work but Jordan isn't a funny guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

He does start a lot of jokes and gives up on them so a for effort

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think Dan’s rapport with chapo style humor would make for a worse podcast by far and I am also generally anti-Jordan. In my total fantasy booking Jordan is replaced by Andy Daly and I think even Jordan would agree that would be a better show.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I like Jordan when they're talking about religion and cult poo poo and he's definitely got some good jokes or sets up Dan quite well. I just really need him to not speak over clips all the time

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea Dan would never understand the incessant Metal Gear Solid references. Not that he understands the western anime or jrpg references Jordan prefers.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnLmKoHPGm0

comments on the HBO doc trailer are all KF fans

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
since I've never laughed at anything Jordan has said I don't even need it to be funny. he could be replaced with fuckin Terri Gross for all I care and have the show be completely serious and then at least no one is screaming at me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Although I’ve never heard Dan more angry than when someone was mean to Jordan in the policy wonk shoutouts. He loves his Jordan :3:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Stefan Prodan posted:

since I've never laughed at anything Jordan has said I don't even need it to be funny. he could be replaced with fuckin Terri Gross for all I care and have the show be completely serious and then at least no one is screaming at me

Out there choice : Garrison Keillor.

Even further out choice : the sound effects guy from A Prairie Home Companion.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dream teams:

Dan+

-Cody from even more news
-garfy from the dollop
-Robert Evans from behind the bastards

I feel like any of those three would be able to have a slightly more… thorough conversation with Dan about Alex

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The constant relitigation of "Jordan: Good or Bad?" is much more annoying than Jordan has ever been.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

FFT posted:

The constant relitigation of "Jordan: Good or Bad?" is much more annoying than Jordan has ever been.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Jordan should do more john fox jokes

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FFT posted:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm absolutely tickled by the sound bite of Alex saying "They did 9/11 on 9/11." in the opening song.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
The whole point of Knowledge Fight is for Dan to make his best friend, Jordan, get angry about Alex Jones. Dan’s audience is Jordan.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

FFT posted:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The time the Dollop guys guested was so good, they were both losing their minds over a fairly normal episode and Dan and Jordan were just like oh this is what happens when a normal person hears this, we forgot.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBG8wjNzmwo

I hadn't seen Leo before, lol.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

The time the Dollop guys guested was so good, they were both losing their minds over a fairly normal episode and Dan and Jordan were just like oh this is what happens when a normal person hears this, we forgot.

Also:

That really is one of the best episodes just for the horrific, dawning realization that this was a normal workday for Dan. Very reverse M. Bison.

And now I guess I’m gonna listen to it again. It’s 716 if anyone is curious.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

FFT posted:

It gets the most engagement because zero of us disagree with anything the show says about how Alex and his compatriots suck.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

Good point, why don’t you lead us off with a new topic, like whether chase geyser has the juice to inherit the throne

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Good point, why don’t you lead us off with a new topic, like whether chase geyser has the juice to inherit the throne

He’s gotta be juicy. His name is Geyser.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

rotinaj posted:

How about "we don't deserve DJ Danarchy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixarBwI0lL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqD-hn_UzuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rnAN-eG5Es

stringless fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 23, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bio347 posted:

I'm absolutely tickled by the sound bite of Alex saying "They did 9/11 on 9/11." in the opening song.

That’s why they did September 11 right around 9/11

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I'll never ever get tired of Alex talking up how he studied a document all night then stumble and mumble his through it because he clearly never saw it before. He could actually be scary if he tried one little bit but why should he? His audience will buy all the brain powder regardless of how hard he tries.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well with what happened in Russia today, I bet Alex goes crazy next week

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

Well with what happened in Russia today, I bet Alex goes crazy next week

If he doesn’t have an extended, detailed theory about the cia being behind the mass shooting in Moscow, I will be very disappointed in Alex

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Digital Jedi posted:

Well with what happened in Russia today, I bet Alex goes donkey Kong, king kong crazy next week

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Dream teams:

Dan+

-Cody from even more news
-garfy from the dollop
-Robert Evans from behind the bastards

I feel like any of those three would be able to have a slightly more… thorough conversation with Dan about Alex

Warmbo.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And people say Jordan's annoying

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

rotinaj posted:

If he doesn’t have an extended, detailed theory about the cia being behind the mass shooting in Moscow, I will be very disappointed in Alex

If I've learned anything from listening to a few hundred episodes of analysis of Alex, it's that he basically always disappoints when you expect something in particular to be a big topic.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Also:

Also crossover interest that if anybody missed it, Dave Anthony did a fun guest spot with QAnon Anonymous where they walked him through the Getty Museum QAnon conspiracies. And it was basically the same thing with a fresh mind getting exposed to the bunker network of trafficked mole children hidden beneath the museum while the hosts had heard way crazier poo poo for years.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also crossover interest that if anybody missed it, Dave Anthony did a fun guest spot with QAnon Anonymous where they walked him through the Getty Museum QAnon conspiracies. And it was basically the same thing with a fresh mind getting exposed to the bunker network of trafficked mole children hidden beneath the museum while the hosts had heard way crazier poo poo for years.

Is that one "Episode 238: Sound of Freedom feat. Dave Anthony, Anna Merlan, and Tim Marchman"?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Only if they do a 2016 episode to let Warmbo hear some fresh Hillary goss

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

Is that one "Episode 238: Sound of Freedom feat. Dave Anthony, Anna Merlan, and Tim Marchman"?

Oh, cool, I missed one after I kind of fell off of QAnon Anonymous, or maybe I was just tired of hiring about that movie. Neat.

I forgot that Dave guested a few times. The one I'm thinking of is 111, California Mole Children.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You know, I kinda want to see Warmbo's reaction to Alex Jones. Just an episode of Some More News on Alex Jones' descent into bankruptcy insanity no, no, I mean bankruptcy with Dan as a guest host.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Have they addressed Jones apparently saying Israel did war crimes.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

The Cavortex episode is one of my favorites.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Randalor posted:

You know, I kinda want to see Warmbo's reaction to Alex Jones. Just an episode of Some More News on Alex Jones' descent into bankruptcy insanity no, no, I mean bankruptcy with Dan as a guest host.

I've recently just gotten past the episodes where Dan was doing his deep dive into what made Alex come fully aboard the Trump train in 2016 on my listen from the start and honestly, I'd love to see them sit a full on investigative journalist or someone from like...the CIA or something down and go "here, listen...Alex Jones has probably commit treason and several of his regular guests are more than likely involved too", just to see what someone with more reach would actually make of it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

tsob posted:

I've recently just gotten past the episodes where Dan was doing his deep dive into what made Alex come fully aboard the Trump train in 2016 on my listen from the start and honestly, I'd love to see them sit a full on investigative journalist or someone from like...the CIA or something down and go "here, listen...Alex Jones has probably commit treason and several of his regular guests are more than likely involved too", just to see what someone with more reach would actually make of it all.

I think you could argue that's what happened when Dan met Mark Bankston.